There is beauty in change, and these sunset quotes will remind you of the loveliness in endings that bring new beginnings.
Sunsets are not only beautiful, but they also have so much meaning.
In the comment section below, let us know which sunset quote you liked the most.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Research by the University of California, Berkeley, suggests that watching a sunset can reduce anxiety and promote well-being.
Reduced anxiety can help individuals shift their focus from themselves to the larger world, which in turn can lead to increased well-being.
What are the benefits of reading sunset quotes?
Many resist change and hold on to what the universe tells them to release.
However, embrace positive change and make it part of your life.
Sunsets are inspiring because they represent:
Essentially, they remind us that change is part of life and everything has an ending.
If things aren’t going as planned, maybe it’s time to re-examine your actions and consider what direction matters to you.
The sunset tells us that the day is almost over.
It reminds us of the importance of time and how we should use it well.
It’s also a time for reflection.
As your day comes to a close, ask yourself whether you’ve done everything you set out to do or been the person you desire to be.
While the sunrise brings hope for the new day, the sunset brings a sense of peace that everything will be alright.
It serves as a promise of a bright and light-filled new daytime.
You should take every opportunity to watch a sunset, as gazing may also have several psychological benefits.
Studies show that slowing down to enjoy a sunset may boost well-being, increase pro-sociality and enhance life satisfaction.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and beautiful sunset quotes, sayings, and proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years
Remember to also read our collection of beautiful sunshine quotes for more inspiration.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Sunset Quotes That Will Signal Change Inside You
According to research by the University of Sussex, slowing down to appreciate natural beauty, such as sunsets, can increase feelings of connectedness and pro-social behavior.
This positively affects physical health, such as reducing the risk of heart disease and other illnesses.
1. “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” – Richie Norton
You will also enjoy our article on goodbye quotes.
2. “Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
You will also enjoy our article on eyes quotes.
3. “The darkness that follows a sunset is never so dark that it can change the inevitability of a sunrise.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dark quotes that will motivate you to keep going and encourage you that things will be OK.
4. “A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night.” ― Crystal Woods
You will also enjoy our article on blue quotes.
5. “Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.” – Mattie Stepanek
You will also enjoy our article on orange quotes.
6. “As angry as the sky looks, it’s still full of the colors of love.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
You will also enjoy our article on cloud quotes.
7. “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on lighthouse quotes.
8. “Sunset shows that LIFE is too beautiful to hold on to the past so Move on to the Present.” ― Jennifer Aquillo
You will also enjoy our article on good night quotes.
9. “Beyond the sundown is tomorrow’s wisdom, today is going to be long, long ago.” – Thomas Hornsby Ferril
You will also enjoy our article on sunflower quotes.
10. “To leave out beautiful sunsets is the secret of good taste.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
You will also enjoy our article on nature quotes.
Sunset quotes that will change your perspective
According to research conducted by the University of Toronto, people who take time to appreciate and savor positive experiences, such as watching a sunset, report higher levels of well-being and life satisfaction.
The research highlights that Individuals who are happy and satisfied with their lives tend to be more productive in their work and personal lives.
11. “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace…”― Umair Siddiqui
You will also enjoy our article on air quotes.
12. “Sunset is the opening music of the night.”― Mehmet Murat ildan
You will also enjoy our article on black and white quotes.
13. “I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.”― Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on november quotes.
14. “Admire the efforts of a failure like you admire the beauty of a sunset.”― Amit Kalantri
You will also enjoy our article on shadow quotes.
15. “Just don’t forget that some of us watch the sunset too.”― S.E. Hinton
You will also enjoy our article on Their Eyes Were Watching God quotes.
16. “The sun was now in its death throes, bruising the sky a coiling purple and orange.”― Harlan Coben
You will also enjoy our article on candle quotes.
17. “There can’t possibly be anything more beautiful than Seaside Beach at sunset.” ― Bryn McCarren
You will also enjoy our article on obsession quotes.
18. “Your eyes are blinded with your worries, you cannot see the beauty of the sunset. “ – Jiddu Krishnamurti
You will also enjoy our article on tree quotes.
19. “Don’t forget: beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.” – Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on Inner Beauty Quotes.
20. “When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.” ― George R.R. Martin
You will also enjoy our article on fog quotes.
Sunset quotes to help you live a meaningful life
According to a study led by Dr. Matthew White from the University of Exeter, spending time in nature, such as enjoying a sunset, can improve mental health and wellbeing.
The study found that participants experienced a significant reduction in stress and an increase in overall happiness after engaging with nature.
Have you seen these inspirational rain quotes to lift your spirits?
21. “When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” – Charles A. Beard
You will also enjoy our article on bridge quotes.
22. “The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colorful sunset it will be.” ― Sajal Sazzad
You will also enjoy our article on Rod Wave quotes.
23. “To watch a sunset is to connect with the Divine.” – Gina De Gorna
You will also enjoy our article on rainbow quotes.
24. “Enjoy the beauty of a sunset nature’s farewell kiss for the night.” – Sharon Rene
You will also enjoy our article on Lost Boys quotes.
25. “Believe in yourself and you can change a sunset into a new dawn.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
You will also enjoy our article on serenity quotes.
26. “It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.”― Bern Williams
You will also enjoy our article on ocean quotes.
27. “Instead of sailing off into the sunset, he hopes to sail into the next century.” – Dave Anderson
You will also enjoy our article on candy quotes.
28. “There is nothing more musical than a sunset.” – Claude Debussy
You will also enjoy our article on you are my sunshine quotes.
29. “Sunsets are my escape into the reality I want to continuously live.” – Rachel Roy
30. “A day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered.” – Nicholas Sparks
Sunset quotes to motivate you
Research conducted by Dr. Richard Ryan from the University of Rochester reveals that individuals who spend time outdoors and appreciate natural beauty are more likely to experience higher levels of vitality and life satisfaction.
This suggests that enjoying sunsets can contribute to a greater sense of fulfillment and energy in one’s life.
You might also like these inspirational waves quotes for surfers & beach lovers.
31. “I always say that the times in my life when I’ve been happiest are the times when I’ve seen, like, a sunset.” – Chris Evans
32. “One day, all your worries will set like the sun does and deserved happiness will come gushing like waves at the beach do. All you need to make sure id that your trips to beach never end.” ― Jasleen Kaur Gumber
33. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” ― Jo Walton
34. “If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.” ― G.K. Chesterton
35. “Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal.” ― Elbert Hubbard
36. “Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps.” – Sharon Draper
37. “Our American heritage is greater than any one of us. It can express itself in very homely truths; in the end it can lift up our eyes beyond the glow in the sunset skies.” – Bruce Catton
38. “Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night.” ― Juansen Dizon
39. “The strange thing about the sunset is that we actually don’t want the sun to set, we want it to stay right on the horizon, not below it, not above it, just right on it!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
40. “Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.” – Richard Paul Evans
If you enjoy this article, you might also love our collection of yellow quotes for a happy aesthetic.
Sunset quotes to brighten your mood
Research conducted by Dr. Richard Ryan from the University of Rochester reveals that individuals who spend time outdoors and appreciate natural beauty are more likely to experience higher levels of vitality and life satisfaction.
This suggests that enjoying sunsets can contribute to a greater sense of fulfillment and energy in one’s life.
41. “Endure the pain in the sunrise, so when it’s sunset, there’s lot of profit to be gained.” ― Seyi Ayoola
42. “Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!” ― C. JoyBell C.
43. “Never turn your back to the sunset, because you owe the sun a thanking for lighting you all day!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
44. “Sunrise Sunset’ is about trying to get to a place where life is simple and not letting the stress and happenings in the world get in the way of your happiness.” – Benny Cassette
45. “Feelings aroused by the touch of someone’s hand, the sound of music, the smell of a flower, a beautiful sunset, a work of art, love, laughter, hope and faith – all work on both the unconscious and the conscious aspects of the self, and they have physiological consequences as well.” – Bernie Siegel
46. “People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner.’ I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.” – Carl R. Rogers
47. “If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.” – G.K. Chesterton
48. “There’s a special quality to the loneliness of dusk, a melancholy more brooding even than the night’s.” – Ed Gorman
49. “Let the sea breeze blow your hair, let the sunset bring tranquility to your heart, let the distant places you travel allow you to explore yourself.” ― Somya Kedia
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our explore quotes about nature, wander and new experiences.
50. “Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles and laughter, so enjoy your day.” – Debbie Shapiro
Sunset quotes to uplift you
51. “Every sunset is different, because every day sun is different, clouds are different, space is different, reflections are different, mountains are different, fogs are different, and above all, we are different!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
52. “The most beautiful sunset is when you have it with your beloved one and the most beautiful sunrise is quite the same.”― Galina Nelson
53. “Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” – Rachel Boston
54. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
55. “I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also.” – John McCain
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of John McCain quotes about character, America and more.
56. “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” – Ram Charan
57. “Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist.” ― Mia Kirshner
58. “Watching them was like watching the sunset and the sunrise, equally beautiful in different ways.”― Shannon A. Thompson
59. “Every end of the day is a great movie and the Sun above is surely the leading actor in this film!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
60. “My dream date would be a hike through the woods followed by an outdoor picnic followed by a glass of wine at sunset. Heaven!” – Nina Agdal
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of wine quotes to celebrate over your favorite glass.
Sunset quotes to live by
61. “I like that time is marked by each sunrise and sunset whether or not you actually see it.” ― Catherine Opie
62. “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” ― Nathan Phillips
63. “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” – Kristen Butler
64. “Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven.” ― John Lubbock
65. “Not everyone has to ride off into the sunset with a man. Some of us just want a tan.” ― Mandy Hale
66. “Now she’s lit by the warm orange spreading from the horizon as not-quite-day, becomes not-quite-night.”― David Levithan
67. “The sky, at sunset, looked like a carnivorous flower.”― Roberto Bolaño
68. “This is my favorite time of the day. Light and dark touch for a few moments. […] I used to wish dusk would last longer, but its quickness seems to add to making it special.”― Regina McBride
69. “The sun is setting in a burnt orange sky; the cliffs are black silhouettes; the sea, liquid silver.”― Laura Treacy Bentley
70. “Every sunset is a journey, a journey to remember the memories of the past!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
You might also like these inspirational morning quotes to help you seize the day.
Sunset quotes to elevate your mind
71. “Call for the grandest of all earthly spectacles, what is that? It is the sun going to his rest.”― Thomas de Quincey
72. “The sky was a bruised red shot with black, almost exactly the colors of a tattoo. Sunset had two minutes left to live.”― Denis Johnson
73. “Sunset on the water ought to be a quiet and easy time, but I guess some people can’t stand a little silence.”― Carl Hiaasen
74. “A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.”― Claude Debussy
75. “Watching the sun set is like watching a beautiful kid die for a good cause.”― Darnell Lamont Walker
76. “Sunset is the most spiritual moment where human race meets the extraordinary spirit of the universe!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
77. “I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night.”― Erin McCarthy
78. “A sunset is the end of a day now passed. Yet, for some reason we get caught in the reality of the descending dark verses the anticipation of a rising dawn.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
79. “In silence the three of them looked at the sunset and thought about God.”― Maud Hart Lovelace
80. “Nightfall was approaching, the light pouring away past the world’s horizon in a gradually darkening cascade.”― Obie Williams
You will also enjoy our article on twilight quotes.
Awesome sunset quotes
81. “The man stopped talking and was looking at the sunset.
But what does someone who hates and loves want with a sunset?”― Alberto Caeiro
82. “He glanced at the sun which, old professional that it was, chose that moment to drop below the horizon.”― Terry Pratchett
83. “Sometimes the sunset is so beautiful, I think it might be the very last one.”― Nitya Prakash
84. “Your choice between sunrise or sunset depends on your attitude.”― Ibn Jeem
85. “The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color — oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples…” ― Anna Godbersen
86. “Sunsets in themselves are generally superior to sunrises; but with the sunset we appreciate images drawn from departed peace and faded glory.” – George Stillman Hillard
87. “The sun tells the best joke of a day full of them, setting so spectacularly that you can almost smell the tropical paradise lazing somewhere over this rim of endless, gray socialist towers. Miles of square windows explode orange, red, and purple, like a million TV sets broadcasting the apocalypse. Clouds unspool. The sky drains of birds.” – Tod Wodicka
88. “As long as the sun does not set in your mind, darkness will be nothing but a weak shadow in your life!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
89. “Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquillity of a lovely sunset.” – Ann Landers
90. “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Meaningful sunset quotes
91. “Sunsets we always liked because they only happen once and go away.” – Ray Bradbury
92. “Softly the evening came with the sunset.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
93. “You want proof there’s a God? Look outside, watch a sunset.” – Frank E. Peretti
94. “It’s not just a sunset; it’s a moonrise too.” – P. C. Cast
95. “It seems there is more interest in sunsets than sunrises. Perhaps because innately we fear the dark.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
96. “You just gotta use the sunset as a reset button and start over in the morning with every chance you get to open your eyes.” – Victoria Monet
97. “If I could lick the sunset, I’ll bet it would taste like Neapolitan ice cream.” – Jarod Kintz
98. “Allow failure to teach you a supreme lesson: Each sunset is the beginning of a very, very bright and powerful sunrise.” – Sri Chinmoy
99. “Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand.” – Karl Schmidt
100. “When the sun is setting, leave whatever you are doing and watch it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
Beautiful sunset quotes
101. “There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it.” – Cheryl Strayed
102. “A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.” – Mary Balogh
103. “Watch the sunset without speaking, just like a bird watching the sunset in complete silence!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
104. “Sunset is so marvellous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
105. “At the end of the world the sunset is like a child smashing a pack of crayons into God’s face.” ― Craig Stone
Sunset quotes to encourage you
106. “Bring me the sunset in a cup.” – Emily Dickinson
107. “The sunset glow of self-possession.” – Nicolas Chamfort
108. “The water was glassy and calm, still candy-colored in the afterglow of sunset.” – Stephen King
109. “Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren’t so different. We saw the same sunset.” – S. E. Hinton
110. “In that dilated moment after sunset when the sky holds all the light.” –David Wroblewski
111. “The Lord has turned all our sunsets into sunrise.” – Clement of Alexandria
112. “The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.” –Pamela Hansford Johnson
113. “In the sunset of dissolution, everything is illuminated by the aura of nostalgia, even the guillotine.” – Milan Kundera
114. “There’s never one sunrise the same or one sunset the same.” – Carlos Santana
115. “Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age.” – Vera Nazarian
Sunset quotes to lift your mood
116. “No sun outlasts its sunset, but will rise again and bring the dawn.” – Maya Angelou
117. “I can never forget suffering and I will never forget sunset. I came home with all of it in my mind.” – Horace
118. “The sun was extinguishing itself on the watery horizon.” ― P.W. Catanese
119. “The sun set, which is everyday magic…” ― Terry Pratchett
120. “I am very fond of sunsets. Come, let us go look at a sunset.” –
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
121. “I’m a living sunset, lightning in my bones.” – Ben Harper
122. “When the sun is setting, deep inside you, you know that life is setting!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
123. “It is man’s consolation that the future is to be a sunrise instead of a sunset.” – Victor Hugo
124. “You see, one loves the sunset when one is so sad.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
125. “The dust of exploded beliefs may make a fine sunset.” – Geoffrey Madan
Don’t forget to also check out these sky quotes for those who marvel the world above.
Sunset quotes that will make you smile
126. “Sunset is a moment where all emotions are experienced: Melancholy, amazement, intoxication, casuistry, admiration, love, sadness…”― Mehmet Murat ildan
127. “She goes down like the sunset & brings the sweetest night creatures howling out of me.”― Curtis Tyrone Jones
128. “The sun was a fiery furnace of gold, but finally it set in the west and the cosmos glittered like a million burning embers, briefly reminding Awa of poetry readings under starry skies in Timbuktu.”― Rehan Khan
129. “Ripples of sunset dance towards our feet, swirling into the colours from the graffiti, reflected on brown water.”― Lili Wilkinson
130. “Meanwhile the sunsets are mad orange fools raging in the gloom….”― Jack Kerouac
131. “The sun still lives his silent vows to the moon, by bowing to kiss her feet whenever she walks in the room.”― Curtis Tyrone Jones
132. “Whether sunrise or sunset, it heralds a new opportunity to dream…”― Virginia Alison
133. “I’ve got sunsets on the insides of my eyelids.”― Pete Wentz
134. “As the sun sinks
It casts that silver bridge
Across the lake”― Richard L. Ratliff
135. “I feel blindfolded at sunset.”― Jennifer Elisabeth
Sunset quotes to inspire you today
136. “They sipped until the sun, as golden as syrupy as the bourbon, slipped into the sea.”― Delia Owens
137. “The sky of the color of ashes in the east and embers in the west.”― Stephen King
138. “Then I pivoted, turned, climbed astride Bessie and rod off into the sunset, soul-o.”― Debi Tolbert Duggar
139. “They ran to the museums for paintings. I ran to the roof for sunsets.”― Darnell Lamont Walker
140. “You were right about the stars, each one is a setting sun.”― Jeff Tweedy
141. “The heavens opened for the sunset to-night. When I had thought the day folded and sealed, came a burst of heavenly bright petals.”― Katherine Mansfield
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of heaven quotes to inspire kindness.
142. “The horizon changes but the sun does not.”― Joyce Rachelle
143. “The most beautiful sunset is the one which suddenly appears in front of you while you are walking pensively!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
144. “From sunrise to sunset to sunrise, there is a lifetime of beauty, charm and elegance.”― Sandeep N. Tripathi
145. “The Sun is never alone as the light remains with him always. Even when he goes down sinking… sinking, the light drowns with him.”― Munia Khan
Sunset quotes from authors and poets
146. “Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars.” – J.K. Rowling
147. “Soon it got dusk, a grapy dusk, a purple dusk over tangerine groves and long melon fields; the sun the color of pressed grapes, slashed with burgandy red, the fields the color of love and Spanish mysteries.” –Jack Kerouac
148. “my dear, I have nothing to say.
my heart burns
like the evening sky.” – Sanober Khan
149. “the redness had seeped from the day and night was arranging herself around us. Cooling things down, staining and dyeing the evening purple and blue black.” – Sue Monk Kidd
150. “A sunset is only half of the story.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
151. “Life is tough but so are you. A little salt for a sunset, is the virtue.” – B.K. Sweeting
152. “Not everything starts with the sunrise, nor does everything end with the sunset!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
153. “I have seen from my window
the fiesta of sunset in the distant mountain tops.
Sometimes a piece of sun
burned like a coin in my hand.”
– Pablo Neruda
154. “Sometimes the sun sets so beautifully that one wants neither night nor day anymore, but only that magical sunset twilight moment!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
155. “Sunrises and sunsets denote beginnings and ends. Very few see a sunrise but crowds gather for a sunset.” – Richie Norton
Remember to also read these beautiful moon quotes to illuminate your life.
More sunset quotes and sayings
156. “Taking the time to delight in the exquisiteness of the sunset everyday can bring anyone closer to nature.” ― Nidia Michelle Dacost
157. “Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.” – Samuel Smiles
158. “When the sun goes down and the band won’t play, I will always remember us this way.” – Lady Gaga
159. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
160. “The sky has changed from orange to a hundred shades of pink to a dark navy blue, and here I am still loving you.” – A.Y.
161. “If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god.” –Napoleon Bonaparte
162. “For me, optimism is two lovers walking into the sunset arm in arm. Or maybe into the sunrise – whatever appeals to you.” – Krzysztof Kieslowski
163. “If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
164. “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t going away.” – Elvis Presley
165. “The sun is new each day.” – Heraclitus
Sunset quotes about we see them and what they mean
166. “In the full light of day, I don’t want to think about the sunset.” — Shakira
167. “I love watching the sunrise and sunset and the sky, the birds.” — Manisha Koirala
168. “How strange this fear of death is! We are never frightened at a sunset.” — George MacDonald
169. “I cry very easily. It can be a movie, a phone conversation, a sunset—tears are words waiting to be written.” — Paulo Coelho
170. “Know where to find the sunrise and sunset times and note how the sky looks at those times, at least once.” — Marilyn vos Savant
171. “Everyone can identify with a fragrant garden, with beauty of sunset, with the quiet of nature, with a warm and cozy cottage.” — Thomas Kinkade
172. “Get outside. Watch the sunrise. Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.” — Amy Grant
173. “Lost—yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered, for they are gone forever.” — Horace Mann
174. “I am inspired by anything beautiful. Sometime it’s a pair of eyes or flowing gorgeous hair, other times it’s the sky or a sunset. I’ve been inspired by supple skin or the texture of a soft shirt.” — Nadine Velazquez
175. “It was a rich and gorgeous sunset – an American sunset; and the ruddy glow of the sky was reflected from some extensive pools of water among the shadowy copses in the meadow below.” — Francis Parkman
Sunset quotes to boost your day
176. “Every moment in life is unique. A kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever occur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe.” – Stephen Nachmanovitch
177. “Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken, or concerts I’ve been to. That’s how old I am.” – Joelle
178. “When your world moves too fast and you lose yourself in the chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset.” – Christy Ann Martine
179. “My joy is the golden sunset giving thanks for another day.” – Jonathan Lockwood
180. “Never go too long without watching a sunset.” – Atticus
181. “My soul is an empty carousel at sunset.” – Pablo Neruda
182. “Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too.” – Beau Taplin
183. “A sunset paints the sky as if there were no tomorrow.” – Anthony T. Hincks
184. “Her heart was made of liquid sunsets.” – Virginia Woolf
185. “I want the light filtered down through the trees painting flesh like a mosaic and filling up the dark in me. I want to see how sunset decorates your hair.” ― Tyler Knott Gregson
Heart-warming sunset quotes
186. “The hate of the dark nights will not defeat the love of this sunrise.” ― F.M. Sogamiah
187. “And the sun would set, and then our riders could watch the actual process of colour fading from the world. Was that tree still really green, or was it only that they were remembering how a few seconds ago it had been green?” ― Hope Mirrlees
188. “Sunset is the only therapy I need. There is something magical about it, it makes you feel things. And with every new sunset that feeling is always different. And the beutiful thing is that no matter what you feel, as long as you feel, you are living and that is all that matters.” ― Tadas Petrovas
189. “If you’ve ever seen a perfect sunset, you should know that that perfection was captured by the magnificent touch of clouds, mountains and rivers!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
190. “And the sunset still stirs in my heart a longing for worlds that I don’t know and may never know.” ― Ahmed Salah Al-Mahdi
191. “Seek out the things on the edge, the things in balance. There’s a reason why we see beauty in the sunrise and the sunset, in the change of the seasons, and where the land meets the sea.” ― Kevin A. Kuhn
192. “I’d just love to ride off into the sunset with my love. I’ve only seen the sunset so far. Maybe I can earn my own Ferrari so I can ride off in the sunset without anyone by my side.” ― Amrita Singh
193. “Really appreciate the sunset as you’re driving home, cursing all the terrible drivers on the road. Be where you are when you’re there rather than out there in the future or back there in the past.” ― Valerie Harper
194. “I make a concerted effort to go watch the sunset a few days a week, have a glass of wine, and take a moment to feel fortunate and grateful for the view and for my life.” ― Andi Dorfman
195. “If you see the sunset, does it have to mean something? If you hear the birds singing does it have to have a message?” ― Robert Wilson
Thought Provoking Sunset Quotes
196. “It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little about it.” ― Carl Sagan
197. “The sunset paints scenery crimson and gold. Oh, wondrous nature dyed in colors bold.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
198. “[T]he sea itself was still and very calm, while the setting sun dappled the water with copper and crimson.” ― Daphne du Maurier
199. “The best way to live your life is this: At sunset, just think of the beauty of the sunset, because life is nothing but what the present moment offers you!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
200. “Seeing a sunset, Linnea felt connected both to the earth below and God above.” ― Mary Alice Monroe
201. “One day, the sun moon said: ‘I love you!’ Sun blushed and appeared sunset that day.” ― Corina Abdulahm-Negura
202. “If you aren’t a little bit wiser at sunset than in the morning, then that day is wasted!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
203. “I looked up through a scatter of fluttering leaves silhouetted against the rosy autumn sunset.” ― Ben Carson
204. “Are you dreaming? Stop dreaming; come and watch the sunset, it is better than all the dreams!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
205. “I know I’m known as the sunset guy, but I enjoy a good sunrise now and then.” ― Richie Norton
Funny Sunset Quotes To Get You Ready For The Night
206. “Every day, with every sunset and every dawn, I must talk myself out of you.” ― Nitya Prakash
207. “It’s that time between day and night when the sky looks like it’s on fire and mosquitoes are on the hunt.” ― Angie Thomas
208. “Fantasy is what allows us to tap into the feeling of the sunset.” ― Lebo Grand
209. “Sunset is always wiser than sunrise because sunset has added the experience of an entire day to his soul!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
210. “When I watch the sunset, I observe an orange sky.” ― Steven Magee
211. “Live to revel in just another twilight. Life may sink and disappear along with the sunset never to rise again” ― Munia Khan
212. “Meeting the sunset create a state of inertia: One starts staring at the sunset and do nothing else!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
213. “You know,” I say, “every sunset is a sunrise somewhere else.” “Is that another metaphor?” I grin. “Yes, but it is also true.” ― Julia Tilson
214.“The clouds had dispersed and for a change, the sun was visible in the west, a sinking ball of vodka and cranberry juice.” ― Saurbh Katyal
215 “The sun slowly sets as if it gives you time to get ready for the darkness!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
Sunset Quotes To Connect You With Nature
216. “She certainly had not faded into the sunset but, instead, had made her own sunrise.” ―
217. “Grandpa got us up early, otherwise we might miss something. Sunsets, he loved ’em. Made us love ’em.” ― Lucille Ball
218. “But when all but deserted, at either sunrise or sunset, it is magical, and one’s imagination soars.” ― Richard Cohen
219. “Mornings, they steamed with mist or sunshine, and almost every evening threw streamers above us, reflecting sunsets we were too hidden to see.” ― Laurie Lee
220. “If the sun breaks through the clouds in the last hour before sunset, then be sure to put the sun on your back and look at the view.” ― Tristan Gooley
221. “You see the most beautiful sunset, take a few really deep breaths, and begin to relax.” ― Inna Segal
222. “We do need to stop and smell the roses—enjoy a beautiful sunset, drink in the fragrance of a spring day or the tang of a fall evening.” ― Catherine Pickens Anderson
223. “Sometimes a winter sunset is a charm.” ― William Cullen Bryant
224. “You have to travel far and wide to see a lot of the world’s wonders, but sunsets can be appreciated in every corner of the earth.” — Kimmie Conner
225. “The crimson sky, the splendid sunset, Fills my evenings with romance — Enchanting music in my ears. Twilight’s soft steps take me Towards the darkness of the night, To the creaking sound of night owls.” — Sapna Anu B. George
Sunset Quotes for a Relaxing Evening
226. “The sun had completely sunk behind the mountain now. Twilight was rolling in, smothering the rosy streaks of sunset with the deeper tones of violet and jet.” — Ava Miles
227. “Different parts of the world will provide different sunsets. The most beautiful sunsets are said to be in the tropical and desert areas on the planet earth.” ― Nidia Michelle Dacosta
228. “The branches were a net of graceful black lines against an autumn sunset, that depth of color one saw at no other time of the year, and what leaves remained on the cottonwoods were still bright.” — Olivia Hawker
229. “Who amongst has not enjoyed looking at a beautiful sunset or a sunrise! We all have at some point of time stopped to admire a snow covered landscape or a beautiful sunny day.” — Pegasus
230. “Enraptured by the beauty of a magnificent sunset, our thoughts are stilled. We may find ourselves explaining to others, “Words can’t describe such a deep feeling.” — Nischala Joy Devi
231. “At sunset thousands of herons, flamingos and wild ducks brought the sky alive as they flew across the lake to roost on the islands.” — Andrea Wulf
232. “So you see I am not shut out from the region of the beautiful, though my hand cannot perceive the brilliant colors in the sunset or on the mountain, or reach into the blue depths of the sky.” — Helen Keller
233. “Through the window, I look out onto a deep blue sky fluttering with the first kindling of sunset. A blackbird, with a holly berry in its bill, shoots past the window and dives into the neighbour’s hedge.” — William Henry
234. “We were made to enjoy music, to enjoy beautiful sunsets, to enjoy looking at the billows of the sea and to be thrilled with a rose that is bedecked with dew.” — Desmond Tutu
235. “Truth, like light is dazzling. By contrast, untruth is a beautiful sunset that enhances everything.” — Albert Camus
Sunset Quotes That Make Earth Beautiful
236. “Some days, a beautiful sunset with your best friend can be one of the most peaceful and relaxing mediations of the day.” ― Charles M. Schulz
237. “What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the winter time. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the Sunset.” ― Crowfoot
238. “Once I saw a chimpanzee gaze at a particularly beautiful sunset for a full 15 minutes, watching the changing colors [and then] retire to the forest without picking a pawpaw for supper.” ― Adriaan Kortlandt
239. “The true purpose of education is to teach a man to carry himself triumphant to the sunset.” ― Liberty Hyde Bailey
240. “Looking at a sunset, just for a second you forget your separateness: you are the sunset. That is the moment when you feel the beauty of it.” ― Rajneesh
241. “I click my teeth together every time I want to take a mental picture of something, like, “Wow, what a beautiful sunset!” Slam your teeth together.” ― Rich Fulcher
242. “A beautiful sunset, beautiful scenery, beautiful music or poetry does not prove the existence of God but can serve as pointers to prayer or worship of God.” ― Jocelyn Bell Burnell
243. “Come watch with me the shaft of fire that glows in yonder West; the fair, frail palaces, The fading Alps and archipelagoes and great cloud continents of sunset-seas.” ― Thomas Bailey Aldrich
244. “Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming, on seas and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls.” ― John Muir
245. “Some days I do appreciate things more, eggs, flowers, but then I decide I’m only having an attack of sentimentality, my brain going pastel Technicolor, like a beautiful-sunset greeting cards they used to make so many of in California.” ― Margaret Atwood
Did you enjoy these sunset quotes?
Nothing epitomizes the beauty of nature more than a glorious sunset on a clear day.
Though many people take sunsets for granted, you should take every opportunity to appreciate them.
Watching the sunset is a spiritual experience of beauty, time, and existence.
It’s a reminder that it’s one more day over in our timeline of existence.
Hopefully, the quotes above have inspired you to make good use of your time and create meaningful change.
Which of these quotes was your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.