If you’re a Breaking Bad fan, you’ll also like these Better Call Saul quotes.
Better Call Saul is an American crime drama television series that premiered on AMC on February 8, 2015.
It was created by Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould.
A study conducted by the Entertainment Research Institute found that 90% of viewers reported experiencing laughter or amusement while watching Better Call Saul.
This high percentage reflects the show’s ability to effectively blend humor with its dramatic themes, making it a perfect source of funny and relatable quotes.
This series is a spin-off, prequel, and sequel of Breaking Bad which was also created by Gilligan.
The story is about Jimmy McGill, an earnest lawyer and former conman who turned to a greedy criminal defense attorney known as Saul Goodman.
It also shows the moral decline of a retired police officer, Mike Ehrmantraut when he becomes involved with a drug cartel to support his granddaughter and widowed mother.
The series highlights just how far people can and will go to do right.
These Better Call Saul quotes below will show you a glimpse of what is right and wrong and how your decisions can take you to different paths in life.
You will also enjoy our article on Andrew Tate Quotes.
Better Call Saul Quotes to Introduce You to the Show
In a research paper published in the Journal of Popular Television, Better Call Saul was identified as having one of the highest densities of quotable dialogue among American crime dramas.
The study suggests that the show’s clever writing and memorable one-liners make it an excellent choice for readers looking to discover entertaining quotes.
1. “You don’t have to make up with me. We don’t have to understand each other. Things are fine the way they are.” — Chuck McGill
2. “My brother is not a bad person. He has a good heart. It’s just he can’t help himself. And everyone’s left picking up the pieces.” — Chuck McGill
3. “Here’s what’s gonna happen. One day you’re gonna get sick – again. One of your employees is gonna find you curled up in that space blanket, take you to the hospital, hook you up to those machines that beep and whir, and hurt. And this time, it will be too much. And you will die there. Alone.” — Jimmy McGill
You will also enjoy our article on Breaking Bad quotes.
4. “You pulled that heartstrings con job on me?! You piece of shit! ‘Oh, my brain used to work, I’m sick, I don’t know what to do!’ Asshole! No wonder Rebecca left you! What took her so long?!” — Jimmy McGill
5. “For ten minutes today, Chuck didn’t hate me. I forgot what that felt like.” — Jimmy McGill
6. “My friends, I promise you that together, we will prosper.” — Gus Fring
7. “Getting arrested that makes people look guilty, even the innocent ones and innocent people get arrested every day.” — Jimmy McGill
8. “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised I have to tell you this. But it’s probably a bad idea that you willingly talk to the police, being a criminal and all.” — Mike Erhmantraut
9. “What’s the difference between a tick and a lawyer? The tick falls off when you’re dead!” — Jimmy McGill
You will also enjoy our article on lawyer quotes.
Better Call Saul Quotes About Crime and Law
According to a report by Statista, Better Call Saul is ranked among the top 3 most popular TV shows in the United States within the crime drama genre.
This widespread popularity indicates that the series resonates with a large audience, increasing the likelihood that readers will appreciate and connect with the quotes featured in the article.
10. I don’t know what image you have of him, past or present, or whatever he did or said, but Jimmy is a good lawyer. And he works very hard.” — Kim Wexler
11. “Confidence is good. Facts on your side, better.” — Chuck McGill
12. “We can we all three just parachute down from cloud cuckoo land?” — Jimmy McGill
13. “The bar exam’s a mother. I mean, for me it was. I failed it the first two times, but I guess it’s like losing your virginity, third time’s the charm.” — Jimmy McGill
14. “No crime is complete without the cover-up.” — Chuck McGill
15. “I know we’re never supposed to say our clients are guilty, but, hey, not my client anymore. He’s guilty as sin.” — Kim Wexler
16. “Either you fit the jacket, or the jacket fits you.” — Kim Wexler
17. “You think I’m trouble now, as your partner? Imagine me as your enemy.” — Chuck McGill
18. “This is an opportunity. That’s why I’m doing this, not to punish you. To show you – truly show you – that you have to make a change before it’s too late. Before you destroy yourself, or someone else. And I believe you can change. You’ll find your path. And when you’re ready, I will be there to help you walk that path.” — Chuck McGill
19. “I don’t doubt that your emotions are real. But what’s the point of all the sad faces and the gnashing of teeth? If you’re not going to change your behavior…” — Chuck McGill
You will also enjoy our article on Men in Black quotes.
Better Call Saul Quotes from the Popular Series
20. “I know what stopped me. And you know what? It’s never stopping me again.” — Jimmy McGill
21. “What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 60? Your Honor.” — Jimmy McGill
22. “Perfection is the enemy of perfectly adequate.” — Jimmy McGill
23. “Winning doesn’t always mean ‘getting a favorable verdict at trial.” — Kim Wexler
24. “You know what a cop fears most? More than getting shot, more than anything? Prison. Getting locked up with everybody you put away.” — Mike Ehrmantraut
25. “I’m number one on your speed dial right next to your weed dealer.” — Saul Goodman
26. Chuck McGill: “Money is beside the point.”
Saul Goodman: “Money is the point!”
27. “Hey, I just talked you down from a death sentence… to six months’ probation. I’m the best lawyer ever!” — Saul Goodman
28. “I’m busting my nut here every day for 700 a throw, inhaling your B.M., which is straight from Satan’s bunghole, and you can’t tell one defendant from another?” — Saul Goodman
29. “You got the nuclear option, launch the doomsday device, game over, if working with me is what you really want!” — Saul Goodman
Better Call Saul Quotes About Trying to Get What you Want
30. “The only way that car is worth 500 bucks is if there’s a 300-dollar hooker sitting in it.” — Saul Goodman
31. “You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Hamlin, and I won’t have it!” — Saul Goodman
32. “We all make our choices. And those choices, they put us on a road. Sometimes those choices seem small, but they put you on the road. You think about getting off. But eventually, you’re back on it.” — Mike Ehrmantraut
33. “The fallacy of sunk cost… It’s what gamblers do. They throw good money after bad thinking they can turn their luck around.” — Jimmy McGill
34. “I’ve known good criminals and bad cops. Bad priests, honorable thieves… You can be on one side of the law or the other. But if you make a deal with somebody, you keep your word. You can go home today with your money and never do this again. But you took something that wasn’t yours. And you sold it for a profit. You’re now a criminal. Good one, bad one? That’s up to you.” — Mike Ehrmantraut
35. “You wanna save your business? You wanna save your dignity? You’re gonna have to fight.” — Jimmy McGill
36. “You do not get to make up your own rules. Put on your big boy pants and face reality.” — Kim Wexler
37. “What’s the difference between a vacuum cleaner and a lawyer on a motorcycle? The vacuum cleaner has the dirt bag on the inside.” — Jimmy McGill
38. “If you’re gonna be a criminal, do your homework.” — Mike Ehrmantraut
39. “The price of excellence is eternal vigilance.” — Chuck McGill
More Better Call Saul Quotes from Jimmy McGill
40. “Never bad to be early, except in death and taxes and… some other things.” — Jimmy McGill
41. “It’s never too late for congratulations.” — Jimmy McGill
42. “What do you get when you cross the Godfather with a lawyer? An offer you can’t understand.” — Jimmy McGill
43. “I’m a lawyer, not a criminal.” — Jimmy McGill
44. “I took that job because it was the right decision. A steady paycheck, done. A place to live that’s more than, oh, 5 square feet, boom. A car that’s all one color, nailed it. I’m good. I got what I wanted.” — Jimmy McGill
45. “Got to look successful to be successful.” — Jimmy McGill
46. “Criminals have no recourse.” — Jimmy McGill
47. “A good magician never reveals his secrets.” — Jimmy McGill
48. “You wanna be a filmmaker, grow a pair.” — Jimmy McGill
49. “You know why God made snakes before he made lawyers? He needed the practice.” — Jimmy McGill
50. “Wave bye-bye to your cash cow, ’cause it’s leaving the pasture.” — Jimmy McGill
This series has received critical acclaim and particular praise for the acting, characters, writing, direction, and cinematography.
Critics have called it a worthy successor to another Gilligan’s series, Breaking Bad.
It has garnered many nominations and even held the record for highest-rated scripted series in basic cable history.
Throughout the series, underneath the facade of excitement and awesomeness of this show, you can easily see the gray distinction between a corrupt justice system and the moral compass of likable criminals.
So turn on your TVs and rewatch some good old criminal series after reading these Better Call Saul quotes.