This powerful and inspirational collection of rap quotes will inspire you to hustle hard and get your grind on.
Share your favorite rap quote with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to Nielsen Music, rap music was the most-streamed genre in the United States in 2020, accounting for 28.7% of all on-demand streams.
The study further found that rap music is the most popular genre among young people, with over 60% of those aged 16-24 listening to it regularly.
What are the benefits of reading rap quotes?
Let these legendary hip-hop superstars of yesterday and today drop jewels in the form of rap lyrics that will stay with you for years to come.
These words can have a sense of nostalgia, but they are still as powerful as when you first heard them.
Rap and hip-hop are mainstream because of the music and cultural representation of:
- Celebration of individuality
Rap is defined as “a type of popular music recited rapidly and rhythmically over an instrumental backing.”
Although the rap music industry might have some questionable characters in the mix, there are a lot of rap artists who inspire us with truly spectacular lyrics and life lessons and make for excellent role models.
Rap quotes are equally powerful and enjoyable.
People always ask:
What is the greatest rap verse of all time?
There is a lot of wisdom and inspiration to be found in the words of famous rappers, and we want to share them with you!
Let’s look at some great rap quotes and rap lyrics about life, love, and success.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Best rap quotes and lyrics about life, love, and success
According to a study by the University of Missouri, listening to rap music can effectively reduce stress and anxiety.
The study affirms that the upbeat rhythms and positive rap quotes found in many of the songs can empower and uplift listeners.
1. “Next time you see a brother down
Stop and pick him up,
Cause you might be the next one stuck.” – Grand Puba, Mind Your Business
You will also enjoy our article on dmx quotes.
2. “Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
Never forget where you from; someone will remind you.” – DMX, “It’s On
You will also enjoy our article on lil durk quotes.
3. “Life without dreaming is a life without meaning.” – Wale
You will also enjoy our article on wu tang quotes.
4. “The purpose of life is a life with a purpose. So I’d rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless.” – Immortal Technique
You will also enjoy our article on polo g quotes.
5. “You’ve got to realize that the world’s a test,
You can only do your best and let Him do the rest.
You’ve got your life, and got your health,
So quit procrastinating and push it yourself.” – Cee-Lo, “In Due Time
You will also enjoy our article on az quotes quotes.
6. “My whole thing is to inspire, to better people, to better myself forever in this thing that we call rap, this thing that we call hip hop.” – Kendrick Lamar
You will also enjoy our article on jay z quotes.
7. “Cause whatever you love can be taken away, so live like it’s your dying day.” – Machine Gun Kelly
You will also enjoy our article on lil wayne quotes.
8. “People can try to reinvent themselves. I don’t think you can really change who you are, though, because who you are is pretty much where you came from and what you’ve done up to now.” – Eminem
You will also enjoy our article on moneybagg yo quotes.
9. “I’ve done a lot of work to get where I’m at, but I have to keep working.” – Wiz Khalifa
You will also enjoy our article on kevin gates quotes and lyrics.
10. “Living life is a choice. Making a difference in someone else’s isn’t.”– Kid Cudi
You will also enjoy our article on nicki minaj quotes.
11. “Every day is new. It’s just a new day. I look at six hours at a time.” – Wiz Khalifa
You will also enjoy our article on tupac quotes.
12. “Living well eliminates the need for revenge.” – Kanye West
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes.
13. “Be careful what you say to someone today. Because tomorrow they might not be here, and you can’t take it back.”– Wiz Khalifa
You will also enjoy our article on music quotes.
14. “Jump regardless of the consequence, cause even on the night of the apocalypse, everybody’s an optimist.”–Tonedeff, Optimist
You will also enjoy our article on The Hangover quotes.
15. “I’d shoot for the moon but I’m too busy gazing at stars.”– Eminem, Not Afraid
You will also enjoy our article on Mac Miller quotes.
16. “Without order, nothing exists. Without chaos, nothing evolves.”–Jedi Mind Tricks, Heavy Metal Kings
Also, check out these song quotes from the biggest hits.
Best rap quotes and lyrics about life
A recent report by RIAA’s highlights the significant growth of the rap music industry in recent years.
The report attributes the increasing popularity of rap music to its innovative sound, compelling storytelling, and ability to connect with a diverse range of listeners.
17. “You know it’s funny when it rains it pours
They got money for wars, but can’t feed the poor.” – 2Pac (read more of 2pac’s best lyrics )
You will also enjoy our article on gangster quotes.
18. “Rap is something you do Hip Hop is something you live.” – KRS-One
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our compilation of some of the best Megan Thee Stallion quotes from interviews and songs.
19. “You know the type: loud as a motorbike but wouldn’t bust a grape in a fruit fight.”― Jay-Z
You will also enjoy our article on Rocky quotes.
20. “Don’t fall for fake people. They’re often disguised as people close to you.”― Big Lez
You will also enjoy our article on Tyler the Creator quotes.
21. It’s only human to express the way you really feel, but that same humanity is my Achilles’ heel. A leopard can’t change his spots and never will; So I’m forever ill, now I can never chill. – Black Thought
You will also enjoy our article on rap songs.
22. When you’re a little kid, you don’t see color, and the fact that my friends were black never crossed my mind. It never became an issue until I was a teenager and started trying to rap. -Eminem
You will also enjoy our article on 50 cent quotes.
23. I’m also not going to explain something just because I said it in a rap. Take what you want from it. – Azealia Banks
You will also enjoy our article on money quotes.
24. “You gotta be able to smile through the bullshit.” – Tupac
You will also enjoy our article on Wu-Tang quotes.
25. No one can identify the uninformed until they voice their ignorance about a topic. Silence is a fool’s best friend. Sadly, he is often too foolish to realize it. – Carlos Wallace
26. “Life is a wheel of fortune and it’s my turn to spin it.” – Tupac
27. “Life is too short to live the same day twice. So each new day make sure you live your life.” – Machine Gun Kelly
28. “Life without knowledge is death in disguise”
Knowledge Of Self” – Talib Kweli
29. “Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.” – Tupac Shakur
30. “Everybody’s at war with different things…I’m at war with my own heart sometimes.” ― Tupac Shakur
Best rap quotes and lyrics about love, family and relationships
31. “I’ll give you all of me until nothing is left.” – Childish Gambino
32. “If you admire someone, you should go ahead and tell them. People never get the flowers while they can still smell them.” – Kanye West
33. “A man who treats his woman like a princess is proof that he has been born and raised in the arms of a queen.” – Wiz Khalifa
34. “Last night I saw you in my dreams, now I can’t wait to go to sleep.”–Kanye West, Hey Mama
35. “People will love you and support you when it’s beneficial.”– Nicki Minaj, Pills and Potions
36. Love yourself and your expression, you can’t go wrong. – KRS-One
37. “What is love? In math, it’s a problem. In history, it’s a battle. In science, it’s a reaction. But in my heart, it’s you.” –Tyga
38. “One day you’re gonna remember me and how much I love you… then you’re gonna hate yourself for letting me go.” – Drake
39. “Trust your own judgement, live with it and love it.” – Nas (see more Nas quotes)
40. “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” – Drake
Rap quotes about music and motivation
41. “If I ever took a loss, I learned a lesson/I won’t ever think I’m better than the next man.” -LeCrae
42. “You could name practically any problem in the hood and there’d be a rap song for you.” ― Jay-Z, Decoded
43. Sometimes I feel like rap music is almost the key to stopping racism. – Eminem
44. Rap for me is like making movies, telling stories, and getting the emotions of the songs through in just as deep a way. – Jay-Z
45. I would say that I’m more moved by melody, even though I love to rap. – Drake
46. I love country music, but I also love gangster rap. – Anderson East
47. I don’t even listen to rap. My apartment is too nice to listen to rap in. – Kanye West
48. I am obsessed with rap music – it’s such a big part of my life. – Randall Park
49. Although rap is about boasting, it’s also about honesty and expressing your emotions. – Keith Stanfield
50. My girlfriend is rap. Music and albums and records and my kids. – Mystikal
51. Rap music is the only vital form of music introduced since punk rock. – Kurt Cobain
52. It’s bad poetry executed by people that can’t sing. That’s my definition of Rap. – Peter Steele
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Lil Baby quotes on wealth, music, and more.
Best rap quotes and lyrics about friends
53. “Me and my people break bread, sit and smoke
The conversation rich, but that depend on what you consider broke” – Talib Kweli
54. “It ain’t no fun if the homies can’t have none. ” ― Snoop Dogg (see more Snoop Dogg quotes)
55. “Pay attention to whom your energy increases and decreases around. That’s the universe giving you a hint of who you should embrace and who you should keep away from.” – Diddy
56. “I can see you’re sad even when you smile, even when you laugh I can see it in your eyes.”–Eminem, Mockingbird
57. “Cherish these nights, cherish these people. Life is a movie, but there’ll never be a sequel.” – Nicki Minaj, All Things Go
58. I’m on the pursuit of happiness. I know everything that shines ain’t always gold. I’ll be fine once I get it, I’ll be good. – Kid Cudi
59. Forget yesterday, live for today. Tomorrow will take care of itself. – Rick Ross (see more Rick Ross quotes)
60. “You’ve got enemies? Good, that means you actually stood up for something.” – Eminem
Rap quotes and lyrics about respect
61. “How far must you go to gain respect? Um…
Well, it’s kind of simple: just remain your own.
Or you’ll be crazy sad and alone.” – Q-Tip, Check the Rhime
62. “Only God can judge me.”― Tupac Shakur, The Rose That Grew from Concrete
63. “No law’s gonna change us, we have to change us.” – Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Same Love
64. “Kept breaking promises you said you would keep, so you can leave a message at the beep.” – Mac Miller
65. “The sooner you realize things will never be the same, the sooner you can move on.” – Kid Cudi
66. “I’m going to always rise above the doubt that may exist about me.” – T.I
67. “Every day is a new opportunity to reach that goal.” – Rick Ross
68. “Never assume you know what’s going on in someone’s life unless you heard it straight from the source.” – Chris Brown
69. “I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death.” – Nas
70. “I’ll be your best friend if you promise you’ll be mine.” – 50 Cent (see more quotes by 50 Cent)
Rap quotes and lyrics about fame
71. “Some seek fame cause they need validation,
Some say hating is confused admiration.” – Nas, “Stay”
72. “‘I am happy’. That’s just the saddest lie.” – Kid Cudi, Soundtrack 2 My Life
73. “Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.” – Kanye West, Homecoming
74. “Rappers wear diamonds to compensate for a lack of fashion sense.” – A$AP Rocky
75. “I ain’t got a lotta money, but I got a lotta style.” – Fifth Harmony
76. “Why do we try so hard to fit in, when we were born to stand out?” – Machine Gun Kelly
77. “Good things come in good time.” – Wiz Khalifa
78. “What I wanna know is why I never fit in right, like a fat dude getting on a packed flight.” – Childish Gambino
79. “Well, hip hop is what makes the world go round.” – Snoop Dogg
80. “Even the genius asks his questions.” – Tupac
Check out our collection of Amine quotes if you enjoy this article.
Rap quotes about money and hustle
81. “Money will brainwash you and leave your ass mindless
Snakes slither in the grass spineless” – Eminem
82. “I’m a hustler, baby; I sell water to a well!”― Jay-Z
83. “I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man!”― Jay-Z
84. “Never stop fighting no matter what anyone says. If it’s in your gut, your soul, there’s nothing, no worldly possession that should come between you and your expression.” –Kanye West
85. “Even though you’re fed up, you got to keep ya head up.”–2Pac, Keep Ya Head Up
86. “I like when money makes a difference but don’t make you different.”–Drake, From Time
87. “If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don’t back down.” – Eminem
88. “They’re gonna try to tell you no, shatter all your dreams. But you gotta get up and go and think of better things.” – Mac Miller
89. “Take the first chance that you get, because you may never get another one.” – Lil Wayne
90. “You might not have a car or big gold chain, stay true to yourself and things will change.” – Snoop Dogg
Rap quotes to inspire and teach
91. “I don’t like thugs, I don’t like nerds,
I don’t like myself and I hate bein’ disturbed.” – Sean Price, “Critically Acclaimed
92. “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
After you who’s last, it’s Doom, he’s the worst known” – MF DOOM
93. “I never sleep ‘cuz sleep is the cousin of death.” – Nas
94. “Same kid’s went to Catholic school is dealers
And same n_gga’s had no heart is now killers” – Ma$e
95. “Telling my business to kids I don’t even know,
You’re like a daytime talk show…and that’s low.” – Guru, “Take it Personal
96. “We always ignore the ones who adore us, and adore the ones who ignore us.” – Drake
97. “Never apologize for what you feel. It’s like apologizing for being real.” – Lil Wayne
98. “Only God can judge me, so I’m gone, either love me or leave me alone.” – Jay Z
99. “For every dark night, there’s a brighter day.” – Tupac
100. “How many people you bless, is how you measure success.” – Rick Ross
Rap quotes to motivate you
101. “You have to keep your vision clear, cause only a coward lives in fear.” – Nas
102. “You can make something of your life, it just depends on your drive.” – Eminem
103. “Love me or hate me, I stay hate free. They say we learn from mistakes well that’s why they mistake me.” – Lil Wayne
104. “If you don’t love yourself, I’ll make you see your own heart.” – Biggie Smalls
103. “God will take you through hell, just to get to heaven.” – T.I
104. “Regardless of how it goes down, life goes on.” – Rick Ross
105. “It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.” – Chris Brown
106. “If I had the moment, I’d capture that moment and you’d be right next to me.” – Chris Brown
107. “They say you can’t turn a bad girl good. But once a good girl’s gone bad, she’s bad forever.” – Jay Z
108. “The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride and nothing is guaranteed.” – Eminem
109. “Worrying is stupid. It’s like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.” – Wiz Khalifa
110. “Everyone has an addiction. Mine happens to be you.” – Andre 3000
Rap quotes to make your day
111. “Remind yourself, nobody’s built like you. You design yourself.” – Jay Z
112. “Don’t let the sadness from the past and the fear of the future ruin the happiness of the present.” – Wiz Khalifa
113. “If you don’t love me somebody else will.” – Lil Wayne
114. “You’ve got to always go back in time if you want to move forward.” – Snoop Dogg
115. “The business of hip hop is probably the most tangible example of the genre’s dramatic maturation.” – Carlos Wallace
116. “Don’t believe in kings, believe in the Kingdom.” – Chance the Rapper
117. “I’m the type to swallow my blood before I swallow my pride.” – 50 Cent
118. “Just know that I was once considered just a dreamer… Then I paid my dues and turned so many doubters to believers…” – Big K.R.I.T.
119. “You don’t need too many people to be happy. Just a few real ones who appreciate you for who you are.” – Wiz Khalifa
120. “The life you live is more important than the words you speak.” – Mac Miller
Rap quotes and lyrics that will brighten your day
121. “My making it is a combination of grinding, grinding, grinding, and being lucky enough to finally get a shot.” – Busta Rhymes
122. “Sometimes if you’re lucky, someone comes into your life who’ll take up a place in your heart that no one else can fill.” – Snoop Dogg
123. “I’ll give you all of me until there’s nothing left.” – Childish Gambino
124. “Stop lookin’ at what you ain’t got, and start being thankful for what you do got.” – T.I.
125. “We can’t change the world until we change ourselves.” – Biggie Smalls
126. “If you can’t do what you imagine, then what is imagination to you?” – Kid Cudi
127. “We only know what we know until someone knows better.” – Chance the Rapper
128. “I’m not saying I’m gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.” – 2Pac
129. “Negative energy that comes at you in some form is energy that can be turned around — to defeat an opponent and lift you up.” – 50 Cent
130. “Take a stand and command to demand what’s grand / I know we can if we just understand.” – Big Daddy Kane
Memorable Rap quotes and lyrics
131. “If I woke up tomorrow and didn’t have a dollar, as long as I have my heart, I can get it all over.” – Wale
132. “We ain’t picture perfect but we worth the picture still.” – J. Cole
133. “Even tough you-re fed up, you gotta keep your head up.” – Tupac
134. “I got two choices when I do this, make moves or make excuses.” -Andy Mineo
135. “I’m doing pretty good as far as geniuses go.” – Kanye West
136. “Being happy is the goal…
but greatness is my mission.” – Childish Gambino
137. “I know the difference in blessings and worldly possessions.” -Chance the Rapper
138. “I’m too loyal and too focused to be losing and be hopeless” – Tyga
139. “The fear of never fallin’ in love/ And the tears after losin’ the feelings of what you thought love was.” – Grits
140. “If you are what you say you are, a superstar…
… then have no fear, the camera’s here.” – Lupe Fiasco
Interesting rap quotes and lyrics
141. “Either you play the game or watch the game play you.” – J.Cole
142. “Keep integrity at every cost.” – Nas
143. “If God got us, then we gon’ be alright.” – Kendrick Lamar
144. “I took my bruises and my humps, fell down and…
got right back up” – Eminem
145. “Nothing can stop me, I’m all the way up.” – Fat Joe
146. “And if at first you don’t succeed…
…then dust yourself off and try again.” – Aaliyah
147. “Feeling good living better.” – Drake
148. “Sky is the limit…
… and you know that you can have what you want, be what you want.” – Notorious B.I.G.
149. “People look at you and say you changed, as if you worked that hard to stay the same.” – Jay Z
150. “To appreciate the sun, you gotta know what rain is.” – J. Cole
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of J. Cole quotes and lyrics on life & love.
Rap quotes and lyrics to motivate you
151. “I go on and on. Can’t understand how I last so long.” – TOO $HORT
152. “But to live doesn’t mean you’re alive.” – Nicki Minaj
153. “All I do is win win win no matter what.” – DJ Khaled
154. “No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.” – Mac Miller
155. “I’m an ordinary person but I’m paid.” – Lil Boosie
156. “Can’t forget that I’m golden, can’t forget where I’m going.” – A$AP Rocky
157. “I cannot see heaven being much better than this.” – Drake
158. “All of my kindness is taken for weakness.” – Kanye West
159. “I don’t dance now, I make money moves.” – Cardi B
160. “I got some weight on my shoulders, to me it’s like feathers.” – Lil Wayne
Rap quotes to brighten your day
161. “I’ma do my thing until the day the reaper come for me. You can keep on grillin’, I’ma smile back.” – Mac Miller
162. “It’s beauty in the struggle, ugliness in the success.” – J. Cole
163. “I can make your Mondays even better like the weekend.”— Travis Scott
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of relaxing weekend quotes to power your workweek.
164. “I’m my own competition, I’m competing with myself.” – Cardi B
165. “I be there for you, I will care for you.” – Drake
166. “Rather lose love than to move on never knowing what it felt like.” – Wale
167. “I been laughed at, hated on, no one would even play my songs. Wouldn’t even listen to anything that my name was on.” – Mac Miller
168. “I get those goosebumps every time you come around. You ease my mind, you make everything feel fine.”— Travis Scott
169. “Take a chance, because you never know how perfect something can turn out.” – J. Cole
170. “I wanna tell the world about you just so they can get jealous
And if you see her ‘fore I do tell her I wish that I met her.”— Future
Rap quotes to keep you motivated
171. “Some nights I wish I could go back in life / Not to change s–t, just to feel a couple things twice.” – Drake
172. “If it ain’t making me money, making me better or making me happy… ain’t making time for it.” – 50 Cent
173. “I don’t make songs for free, I make ’em for freedom.” – Chance The Rapper
174. “When the ideas are coming, I don’t stop until the ideas stop because that train doesn’t come along all the time.” – Dr. Dre
175. “Money and power don’t change you, they just further expose your true self.” – Jay Z
176. “Doing it your own way, not having to go exactly by the book to be successful.” – Ice Cube
177. “I try to treat all the money I’m making like it’s the last time I’m going to make it.” – Eminem
178. “A goal is just a dream with a deadline.” – Drake
179. “Life can always change, you have to adjust.” – Drake
180. “Damn right I like the life I live because I went from negative to positive.” – Biggie Smalls
Inspirational rap quotes and lyrics
181. “How you look so perfect on your worst days?” — A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, “Swervin”
182. “No matter how hard it gets stick your chest out, keep your head up and handle it.” — Tupac, “Me Against the World”
183. “They see pictures, they say goals. I’m who they trying to be.” — Cardi B, “Bodak Yellow”
184. “With your phone out, gotta hit them angles” — Drake, “Nice for What”
185. “She said ‘where we goin?’ I said ‘the moon.'” — Travis Scott, “Sicko Mode”
186. “It seems like blessings keep falling in my lap.” — Chance the Rapper, “Blessings”
187. “Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight.” — Drake, “The Real Her”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of party quotes to remind you that life is a party.
188. “When I say or do something, I do it. I don’t give a damn what you think. I’m doing this for me.” — Eminem, “Not Afraid”
189. “You could be the king, but watch the queen conquer.” — Nicki Minaj, “Monster”
190. “Stay far from timid. Only make moves when your heart’s in it. And live the phrase ‘sky’s the limit.'” — The Notorious B.I.G., “Sky’s the Limit”
Rap quotes to inspire and motivate
191. “Cause I think we can make it, in fact, I’m sure / And if you fall, stand tall and come back for more.” –Tupac
192. “Don’t fall for fake people. They’re often disguised as people close to you.” – Big Les
193. “What do you base your happiness around? Material, women, and large paper? That means you’re inferior, not major.” – Nas
194. “The most daring thing is to be yourself and to do exactly what you want to do at that point in time and not to be worried with what other people are doing or what’s popular.” – Wiz Khalifa
195. “Speak the truth even if your voice shakes.” – Iggy Azalea
196. “When everyone else is more comfortable remaining voiceless / Rather than fighting for humans that have had their rights stolen / I might not be the same but that’s not important / No freedom ’til we’re equal/ Damn right I support it.” – Mackelmore
197. “Listen to your own heart. Don’t worry about what other people say. At the end of the day, it’s about what you believe.”- Joey Bada$$
198. “I have less compassion than the average human.” – 50 Cent
199. “If you live for people’s acceptance, you will die from their rejection.” – Lecrae
200. “Next time y’all need to find me, just rub these two wires for the doorbell.” – Redman
Rap quotes that are unforgettable
201. “Fresh flannel shirt, country bumpkin/ Lumberjack your moves, a.k.a. Paul Bunyan” -Family Force 5
202. “I encourage everyone to pay attention to the issues that matter to you, from jobs and the economy, to education and our schools, to criminal justice reform. Whatever it is that you care about, make sure you use your voice.” – 2 Chainz
203. “Don’t let nobody tell you that you can’t do it. Love what you do until you don’t love it anymore. Nothing’s impossible.” – Fetty Wap
204. “I didn’t have nothin’ going for me… school, home… until I found something I loved, which was music, and that changed everything.” –Eminem
205. “Learn life, before life learn you.” – Jadakiss
206. “You know he can’t save you, right? In the real world, that guy right there…he can’t save you.” – Lil Wayne
207. “I am honestly trying to inspire you to do something. I ain’t saying, ‘I’m changin’ lives,’ I’m saying, ‘Make a decision and do something,’ and see where you are four years later!” – Killer Mike
208. “No security guard can stop a refrigerator falling off a skyscraper.” –Jadakiss
209. “Keeping it real ain’t about carrying a gun or smoking blunts. It’s about being true to yourself and those around you.” – LL Cool J
210. “It’s a difficult time for a lot of people right now.” – Drake
Don’t forget to also check out these Nipsey Hussle quotes to inspire and motivate.
Rap quotes from the kings of rap
211. “Rap has been a path between cultures in the best tradition of popular music.” – Jay-Z
212. “Stop the negativity and control our creativity.” – KRS-One
213. “You can not change the past but you can change the future.” –
214. “So the next time you feel like the world’s about to end, I hope you studied, because he’s testing your faith again.” – Kendrick Lamar
215. “Even when I was close to defeat I rose to my feet.” – Dr. Dre
216. “Don’t be afraid to close your eyes and dream but then open your eyes and see.” – Sean Combs
217. “Remember one thing: Through every dark night, there’s a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out. Keep your head up, and handle it.” – Tupac
218. “When you shine bright, some won’t enjoy the shadow you cast.” –
219. “Nothing easy is worth anything.” – Nas
220. “If talk is cheap, then my silence is diamonds.” – Lupe Fiasco
Rap quotes to motivate you to keep grinding
221. “Keep on pushing the boundaries and reaching for higher heights.” –
222. “It’s so easy for a kid to join a gang, to do drugs… we should make it that easy to be involved in football and academics.” – Snoop Dogg
223. “Live your life, live it right. Be different, do different things.” – Kendrick Lamar
224. “Educate yourself, make your world view bigger, visualize wealth, and put yourself in the picture.” – KRS-One
225. “I’ve gone seventy-nine hours without sleep, creating. When that flow is going, it’s almost like a high. You don’t want it to stop. You don’t want to go to sleep for fear of missing something.” – Dr. Dre
226. “Sunny days wouldn’t be so special, if it wasn’t for rain. Joy wouldn’t feel so good, if it wasn’t for pain.” – 50 Cent
227. “If it’s flipping hamburgers at McDonald’s, be the best hamburger flipper in the world. Whatever it is you do you have to master your craft.” –Snoop Dogg
228. “I’d rather be proud of what I am, rather than desperately try to be something I’m really not; just to fit in.” – Immortal Technique
229. “Life will put many red lights in front of you, but sometimes we must push on the gas and trust God.” – Kendrick Lamar
230. “Skip the religion and politics, head straight to the compassion. Everything else is a distraction.” – Talib Kweli
231. “Never let a couple of good memories make you move backwards. Look ahead and move on.” – Chris Brown
232. “How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren’t real?” – Jaden Smith
233. “I’ve gotten my personal life all the way intact and made sure that it’s straight. Without that, you have no foundation. Your building is going to crumble.” – Dr. Dre
234. “To me, rap music is bigger than who’s the coolest rapper, the biggest rapper. It’s everything about your personality.” – Diplo
235. “Get rich or die trying.” – 50 Cent
You might also like these Kevin Gates quotes about music.
Rap quotes about life, love and success
236. “Music is the universal language.” – Swizz Beatz
237. “My lyrics aren’t offensive. Some people find everything offensive.” – Tyler the Creator
238. “I’ve been hated by many, wanted by plenty, disliked by some, but confronted by none.” –
239. “Fear not of men because men must die. Mind over matter and soul before flesh.” –
240. “When the devil wants to dance with you, you better say never, because the dance with the devil might last you forever.” – Immortal Technique
241. “We came into a broken world. And we’re the cleanup crew.” – Kanye West
242. “I am a hard person to love but when I love, I love really hard.” – Tupac Shakur
243. “In the future, hip-hop is going to be called American folklore.” – KRS-One
244. “Surround yourself with love, not friends.” – Lil Wayne
245. “I feel like I’m too busy writing history to read it.” – Kanye West
Rap quotes for hip hop fans
246. “Ice melts into rain, love turns into pain. Here I go again, falling in love again.” – Wale
247. “Sometimes you just gotta let s*** go and say ‘to hell with it’ and move on.” – Eminem
248. “I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem, or use my arrogance as a steam to power my dreams.” – Kanye West
249. “My life, my choices, my mistakes, my lessons, not your business.” – Kid Cudi
250. “Sometimes it’s hard to pick right from wrong. The best thing we can do is go with our heart, and hope it all goes well.” – Mac Miller
251. “They say love is the key. Somebody changed the lock.” – Lil Wayne
252. “I would have so many friends if I held back the truth and just gave out compliments.” – Drake
253. “The older I get, the less I care about what’s cool. I realize I’m old and weird.” – Aesop Rock
254. “When people treat you like nothing, you begin to feel like nothing.” – Drake
255. “Never mind what hater’s say, ignore ’em till they fade away.” – T.I
Best rap quotes for the hard times in life
256. “I want to have a cultural impact. I want to be an inspiration, to show people what can be done.” – Sean Combs
257. “Fight for your rights, stand up, and be heard. You’re just as good as any man, believe that, word.” – Salt N Pepa
258. “The plan was to drink until the pain’s over. But what’s worse, the pain or the hangover?” – Kanye West
259. “Every saint got a past; every sinner got a future. Every loser gotta win, and every winner gotta lose someday.” – J Cole, Deja Vu
260. “As a wise lady once said, love the skin you’re in cause beauty has no rules. If they’re tryna sell an impossible dream to a fool, then you ain’t the fool to buy one.” – Skepta
261. “When you see them be successful, however small, you say to yourself, wow. And everything becomes possible. Never denigrate, to say we will not succeed.” – Young Thug
262. “My life’s all I got and Heaven is all in my brain, and when I feel I’m in Hell my ideas are what get me through pain.” – Hopsin
263. “Sorry it had to end this way but uh, it is what it is.” – Snoop Dogg
264. “The worst feeling is feeling unwanted by the person you want the most.” – Drake
265. “Something about the pain makes me want more… done a lot of drugs, never felt like this before.” – Mac Miller
Rap quotes about family and life
266. “Look inside my eyes and tell me you see a warrior.” –Kendrick
267. “The only luxury is time. The time you get to spend with your family.” –Kayne West
268. “Remind yourself. Nobody is built like you. You design yourself.” –Jay Z
269. “I really appreciate family. I can’t imagine life without them.” –Ice Cube
270. “Luck is just bein’ prepared all the time, so when the door opens, you’re ready.” –Nipsey Hussle
271. “I live for the nights I can’t remember with the people I can’t forget.” –Drake
272. “Sky is the limit and you know that you can have. What you want, be what you want.” –Notorious B.I.G
273. “You see my tears, in the rain underneath it all, we all are the same.” –Machine Gun Kelly
274. “You gotta dream like you never got obstacles.” –J.Cole
275. “I just can’t sit back and wallow. In my own sorrow, but I know one fact: I’ll be one tough act to follow.” –Eminem
Rap quotes that are inspirational
276. “I came with nothing/ But I fought for something/ And I leave with everything.” -KB
277. “I don’t wanna be a part of hip-hop no more.” –Game
278. “This song might not hit radio, but we radiate/ That beam won’t run out of steam till we stand face to face.” -116
279. “I got the adrenaline, rhyme like I’m a veteran/ Fine, I’ve been ahead of the game, no way I’m settlin’” – NF
280. “The day Obama got elected, the gangsta became less relevant.” – Jay-Z
281. “If I go out tonight, I’m going out on top/ I give it all, this life ain’t all I got.” -Trip Lee
282. “I put you in my kufi category. Off with your kufi.” – Jim Jones
283. “If I don’t win, the award show loses credibility.” – Kanye West
284. “I hate this album.” – Lupe Fiasco
285. “Wu-Tang is for the children.” – Ol’ Dirty Bastard
More rap quotes and lyrics
286. “Once you really know yourself, can’t nobody tell you nothing about you.” – Megan Thee Stallion
287. “I feel that when you care about your music, taking risks is something you should do to keep things exciting.” – Drake
288. “I just want to be like a good example to somebody in the future.”– Megan Thee Stallion
289. “I’m just here for good times, man. I want people to have the best time ever. Especially if they’re around me.” – Travis Scott
290. “Sometimes I’ll be driving and a lyric will come into my head, and I will have to pull over and record it on my phone.” – Lil’ Kim
291. “Hate is only a form love that hasn’t found a way to express itself logically.” – Lil Wayne
292. “I want to make something commercial that people can pick up on.” – Missy Elliot
293. “Here’s something that’s contrary to popular belief: I actually don’t like thinking. I think people think I like to think a lot. And I don’t.” – Kanye West
294. “Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They’re only powerful when you got your back turned.” – Eminem
295. “Yes, money is important. But it’s all about the creative process.” – Travis Scott
More inspiring rap quotes and lyrics
296. “You can’t buy vision, and you can’t buy aesthetic.” – Travis Scott
297. “When it comes to knowing what to say, to charm, I always had it.” – Drake
298. “Sporadic thoughts will pop into my head and I’ll have to go write something down, and the next thing you know I’ve written a whole song in an hour.” – Eminem
299. “My love for the female hip hop movement has always been genuine.” – Lil’ Kim
300. “Confidence literally starts from yourself. You have to go look in the mirror at yourself. If you don’t like what you see, you’re going to give off that energy.” – Megan Thee Stallion
301. “If you want it, and the more you keep hearing you can’t have it, you just go and get it.” – Cardi B
302. “I want to see 10 female rappers getting regular rotation. It can’t be all about a man’s opinion.” – Queen Latifah
303. “Beauty might bring happiness, but happiness always brings beauty.” – Nicki Minaj
304. “What separates those who go under and those who rise above adversity is the strength of their will and their hunger for power.” – 50 Cent
305. “I don’t need a stage to perform. We just need something to stand on.” – Travis Scott
Rap quotes from Missy Elliot
306. “You have to be ready to sing and perform at any time.” – Missy Elliott
307. “I’ve always had a lot of creative impact on the music with Timbaland.” – Missy Elliott
308. “I’m not tryin’ to come off as the best lyricist.” – Missy Elliott
309. “I feel blessed and I’ve learned so much. I just wanted to make a record where people can forget their troubles and go buck-wild.” – Missy Elliott
310. “I wasn’t born a superstar.” – Missy Elliott
311. “Music should be your escape.” – Missy Elliott
312. “I want to be cutting-edge.” – Missy Elliott
313. “Everybody is doing the same old thing.” – Missy Elliott
314. “When it comes to size, most people don’t want to see themselves looking bigger than what they are.” – Missy Elliott
315. “I’m not a person that’s walkin’ down the street looking mean all day.” – Missy Elliott
Rap quotes from Future
316. “I’ll always keep you guessing. I’m living up to the name. It’s powerful. That’s just what I do.” – Future
317. “I like to express myself through the clothes that I wear.” – Future
318. “It takes an astronaut so long to get to space – that’s how long it takes to catch up on my music.” – Future
319. “My fashion sense is relatable but stands out because it’s my own.” – Future
320. “At the end of the day, I’m out of here – above anything.” – Future
321. “You got one life to live. So I’m living it the way I want to live it.” – Future
322. “I had to maximize my craft, get up off my ass.” – Future
323. “You got to live and learn and make mistakes to be a man.” – Future
324. “My hard work finally catching up with perfect timing.” – Future
325. “If you’re doing what you think people might like, rather than doing what you like, people will see through it.” – Future
Rap quotes for Instagram
326. “I won’t be afraid just as long as you stand, stand by me.” – Ben E. King “Stand By Me”
327. “Tables turn, bridges burn, You live you learn.” – Drake
328. “Living well eliminates the need for revenge.” – Kanye West
329. “If you can make it through the night, there’s a brighter day.” – Tupac
330. “I’m living my best life. It’s my birthday, at least that’s what I’m dressed like.” ─ Cardi B, Best Life
331. “I really appreciate family. I can’t imagine life without them.” – Ice Cube
332. “Give me respect, dammit, or get damaged.” – Kendrick Lamar
333. “Memories take us back; dreams take us forward.” – Nick Minaj
334. “I’m a bad bitch, I don’t take shit from nobody.” – Nicki Minaj
335. “I’d shoot for the moon, but I am so busy in gazing at stars.” – Eminem
Best Rap Quotes That Are Really Inspirational
336. “Every single day is completely new. It’s simply another type of big date. I look at half a dozen era at the same time.” – Wiz Khalifa
337. “Is actually hiphop simply good euphemism getting an alternate faith? Brand new heart songs of the slaves the young people was shed.” – Kanye West, Gorgeous
338. “Once you see them become successful, not brief, your say to oneself, wow. And you will everything will get you’ll. Never ever denigrate, to express we’ll perhaps not succeed.” – Younger Thug
339. “You will find done many work to rating in which I’m on, but have to store doing work.” – Wiz Khalifa
340. “You have got to know new earth’s a test, you can only make your best effort and help Him perform the others.” – Cee-Lo
341. “Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself.” – Jay-Z
342. “Love your enemies and hate your friends, your enemies remain the same your friends always change.” – 50 Cent
343. “I don’t want my personality to overshadow my talent.” – Cardi B
344. “I love reinventing my music and myself as well, and that’s something my fans love about me.” – Lil’ Kim
345. “A lot of truth is said in jest.” – Eminem
Best Rap Quotes To Get You In The Mood To Listen To Rap
346. “Before you judge me… I plead guilty.” — Lil Wayne
347. “Set me up, wet me up, niggas stuck me up…x Heard the guns bust, but you tricks never shut me up.” — Tupac Shakur
348. “If you asked me to write a rock song or a rap song, I couldn’t do it because they’re not in my fingers.” — Tom Lehrer
349. “Real gs move in silence like lasagna.” — Lil Wayne
350. “I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke, I spent that on a NECKLACE.” — Kanye West
351. “With so much drama in the L-B-C, It’s kinda hard bein Snoop D-O-double-G.” — Snoop Dogg
352. “Am I really just a narcissist, Cause I wake up to a bowl of lobster bisque?” — Rick Ross
353. “Man gave us laws, and God gave us time, It’s the art of storytelling and I’m only telling mine.” — ASAP Rocky
354. “I guess every superhero need his theme music.” — Kanye West
355.”Hip-hop is universal now, it’s all commercial now. It’s like a circle full of circus clowns up in the circuit now.” — Eminem
Deep rap quotes
356. “If I had a dollar for every time I couldn’t sleep, I could buy a billion locks and finally read a book in peace.” – A$AP Rocky
357. “You have an opportunity to be in control of your life for yourself by the decisions that you make.” – Sean Combs
358. “Once you make it to your point of making it, you’ll appreciate the struggle.” – Nas
359. “It’s better to speak your mind and tell the truth, than to stay silent and lie to yourself.” –
360. “I just enjoy life now. I just enjoy every morning I get to wake up.” – Nas
361. “Just because no one can understand how you speak, don’t necessarily mean that what you be sayin’ is deep.” – Talib Kweli
362. “I guess passion keeps me going.”– Doja Cat
363. “Mistakes make masterful teachers.” – Nas
364. “Life’s a maze, you twist and you turn through it
The driest of droughts, maneuvered and I earned through it”― Clipse
365. “Never apologize for being real… reality is the enemy of fakes, frauds, liars, and protectors of ignorance. It scares them.” – Lupe Fiasco
Best Rap Quotes To Keep You Determined In Your Hustle
366. “Life is a beach, and I’m just playing in the sand.” — Lil’ Wayne
367. “ I will not lose, so even in defeat, there is a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me.” — Jay Z
368. “My mama always used to tell me: if you can’t find something to live for, you best find something to die for.” — Tupac
369. “If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?” — Kendrick Lamar
370. “Consider youself lucky, that’s what friends say.Cause I leave more heads touched, son, than Ash Wednesday.” — J-Treds
371. “I know what my identity is.” — Travis Scott.
372. “Some said ‘how’d you fly?’ I said from not being afraid of trying to fly” — Jay-Z
373. “Call me crazy; we can both be insane. A fatal attraction is common, and what we have in common is pain.” — Kendrick Lamar
374. “Memories have to be our most painful blessing.” — Kanye West
375. “A bird in the hand is worth more than a Bush.” — Ice Cube
Best Rap Quotes for Badass
376. “Put me anywhere on God’s green earth, I’ll triple my worth. Motherf–. I, will, not, lose.” — Jay-Z
377. “Unless we share with each other we gotta start makin’ changes.” — Tupac Shakur
378. “I had a cigarette for breakfast, just for beginners, Cried for my lunch, and sleep for dinner.” — G. Dep
379. “Niggas hate what they can’t understand, fear what they can’t conquer.” — Nas
380. “The sky is falling, the wind is calling stand for something, or die in the morning.” — Kendrick Lamar
381. “For every single dark night there is a brighter day.” — Tupac Shakur
382. “I love you like a fat kid love cake.” — Curtis Jackson
383. “You might win some, but you just lost one.” — Lauryn Hill
384. “During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams.” — Tupac Shakur
385. “My fun is not doing the easy work. My fun is doing what’s me.” — Nas
Best Rap Quotes for Being Badass
386. “When I drive to work, I listen to thuggish rap at a very loud volume even though the lyrics are degrading to women and offend me to my core. The classic Ying Yang Twins song ‘Salt Shaker’? It’s amazing.” ― Roxane Gay
387. “I don’t give a fuck, God sent me to piss the world off.” ― Eminem
388. “I wanted to kill Auto-Tune like Kurt Cobain killed the hair bands.” ― Jay-Z
389. “I know one thing for sho Heaven’s gotta have a ghetto. Cuz where else in death do I get to go?” ― Carlos Salinas
390. “Excuse my charisma, vodka with a spritzer. Swagger down pat, call my shit Patricia. Young Money militia and I am the commissioner. You don’t want start Weezy ’cause the F is for finisher. So misunderstood but what’s a world without enigma?” ― Lil’ Wayne
391. “Hopeful dreams – even where crack kings’ and dope fiends feast. Dust from the ash and rubble; they shine like bright stars once the mic is gripped and the bars are spit.” ― T.F. Hodge
392. “Keep your head high and let your hands touch the sky.” ― Andreas Kalogeropoulos
393. “Some men are born to be good some born to be bad. As for me I only came with just a pen ‘n’ a pad.” ― Carlos Salinas
394. “A poet’s mission is to make words do more work than they normally do, to make them work on more than one level.” ― Jay-Z
395. “If you believe that I’m a cop killer, you believe David Bowie is an astronaut.” ― Ice-T
Best Rap Quotes from The Finest Artists
396. “I’m not just a client, I’m the boss, I pay your bills.” — Nicki Minaj
397. “I ain’t gotta lie to kick it, this is real, this is me.” — Logic
398. “I ain’t from the hood, but I’m hood rich.” — Post Malone
399. “I ain’t no average Joe, I’m a king, and I’m a pro.” — Drake
400. “I ain’t no overnight sensation, I been grinding for years.” — Jay-Z
401. “I ain’t got no patience and I hate waiting, I need everything to happen fast.” — Travis Scott
402. “I ain’t got time for the drama, I just want to live my life like Obama.” — Kendrick Lamar
403. “I ain’t never been perfect but I’m worth it.” — Nelly
404. “I ain’t here to play it safe, I’m here to change the game.” — J.cole
405. “I ain’t never slept on a bed of roses, but I ain’t never slept on a bed of thorns.” — J. Cole
Which Rap quotes were your favorites?
Despite all the funny characters that might exist in the rap music industry, there are plenty of rap artists who inspire with their powerful and enjoyable words and lyrics.
Think not of the ones who are just in it for the fame, but look to these great rap lyricists who made a lasting impression in the minds of millions with their powerful flows.
Hopefully, these rap quotes and lyrics have inspired the way you look at life and success.
Did you enjoy these rap quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.