Whether you’re getting ready to graduate this year or decades ago, these funny yearbook quotes will make you laugh.
The end of a school year is a big deal to students, and the end of a high school career is monumental.
Using the comment section below, let us know which yearbook quote you liked the most.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a survey conducted by Jostens, a leading provider of yearbook products, 90% of high school seniors say that yearbook quotes are an essential part of the yearbook experience.
This indicates that yearbook quotes are a way for students to express themselves and a vital component of the overall high school experience.
What are the benefits of reading these funny yearbook quotes?
There are a lot of emotions that can come up for students as they think of leaving behind childhood and school.
And while some go the route of getting overly emotional, others take a different approach.
Some students use their yearbook quotes as a chance to make a funny and lasting impression, whether they’re:
- The class clown
- Excited to be done with school
- Just have a great sense of humor
These yearbook quotes might take you back to the glory of your high school days or help you find the perfect words to capture the end of your current high school journey.
Don’t forget to check out these senior year quotes for graduation and the yearbook.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Funny yearbook quotes
According to a study by the University of California, Riverside, humor is a highly effective coping mechanism for dealing with stress and anxiety, which are expected during the high school years.
This highlights the potential therapeutic benefits of using humor in yearbook quotes and the role that yearbook quotes can play in helping students navigate the emotional challenges of adolescence.
1. “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow just as well.”— Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about having fun.
2. “It’s not enough that I should succeed – others should fail.” – Kevin Chang
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes.
3. “I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.”— Michael Scott
You will also enjoy our article on vine quotes.
4. “I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”— Groucho Marx
You will also enjoy our article on the office quotes.
5. “Cheers to all my haters! Be patient. So much more is coming.” — Paris Hilton
You will also enjoy our article on baddie quotes.
6. “Who needs a degree when you’re schoolin’ life?” — Beyoncé
You will also enjoy our article on stoner quotes.
7. “School pictures are everything to me. They’re great practice for the paparazzi.” — Rachel Berry
You will also enjoy our article on tyler the creator quotes.
8. “Every tongue that rises up against me shall fall!!!!” — Rihanna
You will also enjoy our article on gilmore girls quotes.
9. “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”— Steve Martin
You will also enjoy our article on cardi b quotes.
10. “Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?”— Robin Williams
You will also enjoy our article on talladega nights quotes.
Confident funny yearbook quotes
In a survey conducted by OnePoll, 46% of respondents said they regretted not being more creative with their yearbook quotes.
In that regard, many people feel that their funny yearbook quote is an opportunity for self-expression that they did not fully take advantage of.
11. “I’m actually not funny, I’m just really mean and people think I’m joking.”
You will also enjoy our article on superbad quotes.
12. “I get butterflies when I think of myself.”
You will also enjoy our article on funny teacher quotes to make you laugh.
13. “If you like water, you already like 72% of me.”
You will also enjoy our article on funny birthday quotes.
14. “Hannah Montana says nobody’s perfect, but here I am.”
You will also enjoy our article on Anchorman quotes.
15. “It will take a nation of millions to hold me back.”
If you enjoyed this article, read our collection of the best senior year quotes for graduation and the yearbook.
Sarcastic yearbook quotes
16. “Greg just stole my girl.’ – Everyone”
You will also enjoy our article on laughter quotes.
17. “In this photo, I’m not wearing pants.”
18. “Four year later and I’m still an idiot, thanks for nothing.”
You will also enjoy our article on sarcastic quotes.
19. “They asked me to write something. So here it is something.”
You will also enjoy our article on Dumb and Dumber quotes.
20. “I want to thank Google, Wikipedia, and to whoever invented copy and past. Thank you.”
You will also enjoy our article on Kevin Gates quotes.
21. “Hannah Montana said nobody’s perfect, but here I am.”
You will also enjoy our article on cake quotes.
22. “Whatever it is, I didn’t do it.”
You will also enjoy our article on Ace Ventura quotes.
23. “’Put something inspirational.’ – Mom”
You will also enjoy our article on Ron Burgundy quotes.
24. “Cheaters never win, but I just graduated.”
You will also enjoy our article on Jerry Maguire quotes.
25. “I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. ”― W.C. Fields
You will also enjoy our article on Zoolander quotes.
26. “Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.”
You will also enjoy our article on Mrs. Doubtfire quotes.
27. “I love mankind … it’s people I can’t stand!!”― Charles M. Schulz
28. “My computer screen is brighter than my future.”
You will also enjoy our article on college quotes.
Funny yearbook quotes about names
29. “Yes, that is my actual last name.” – Christopher Gaylord
You will also enjoy our article on sassy quotes.
30. “I’ve been a Ho my whole life.” – Michelle Ho
31.“I hate my name.” – Carlos Carlos
32. “No, I did not have a farm.” – Joe McDonald
33. “I am not Hispanic, I’m Asian.” – Stacey Nicole Diaz
More yearbook quotes
34. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
35. “Honestly, I didn’t expect most of you to make it this far.”
36. “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”― George V. Higgins
37. “Don’t follow your dreams, follow my Twitter: [insert Twitter handle].”
38. “Never memorize something that you can look up.”― Albert Einstein
39. “I spent 113,880 hours of my life for a paper and a handshake.”
40. “I’m that Nigerian Prince that keeps emailing you.”
41. “Education is important, but big biceps are important.”
42. “Donuts are always the answer.”
43. “If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport.”
44. “I want abs…olutely all the pasta and breadsticks.”
45. “The roof is not my son, but I will raise it.”
46. “What if one day you woke up and you were a chicken nugget.”
47. “See kids? I told you I was sexy in high school.”
48. “Trapped in yearbook factory, send help.”
49. “If you’re reading this, future me, put down this book and do something more productive.”
50. “Remember…The more you weigh the harder you are to kidnap. Stay safe…eat cake.”
Yearbook quotes you wish you had been witty enough to think of
51. “Arguing with a fool proves there are two.” – Doris M. Smith
52. “I did my waiting! 12 years of it! In Azkaban.” — Sirius Black
53. “A person with a sharp tongue will eventually cut themselves.” – J. Robson Koenig
54. “Dreams have only one owner at a time. That’s why dreamers are lonely.” – Erma Bombeck
55. “The important thing to remember is not to forget.” – Benny Bellamacina
56. “I don’t need a piece of paper saying I succeeded. I just need food.” — Shane Dawson
57. “The problem with a life spent reading is you know too much.” – Josh Lanyon
58. “Never miss a good chance to shut up.” – Will Rogers
59. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
60. “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Funny yearbook quotes to inspire you
61. “To the window… To the wall…“ – Abbigail and Tory
62. “My mom should have swallowed me.” – Ty
63. “When I die, I want the people I did group projects with to lower me into the ground so they can let me down. One last time.” – Jenna Allen
64. “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know if you’re gonna graduate.” – Franco Citlalli
65. “The only reason I went to school all this time is to distract myself from the fact that I’ll never be Beyoncé.” – McKenzie Ward
66. “Of course I dress well. I didn’t spend all that time in the closet for nothing.” – Ian Longley
67. “I got kicked out of Hogwarts for using black magic.” – Damian sparks
68. “I am not Amith. I am a legend.” – Amith M.
69. “The ‘s’ is silent.” – Pareekshit Ravi
70. “When life shuts the door, open it back up. That’s how doors work.” – Diana Lopez
You will also enjoy our article on witty quotes.
Funny yearbook quotes to make you laugh out loud
71. “It’s hard being a single mother, especially when you have no children and are a teenage male.” – Zachary Chastain
72. “Master has given Megan a high school diploma, Megan is freeeee!” – Megan
73. “Why fall in love when you can fall asleep?” – Jessica Enciso
74. “Education is important but big biceps are importanter.” – Eric Gomez
75. “That wasn’t like High School Musical at all.” – Seth Egan
76. “Goodbye everyone, I’ll remember you all in therapy.” – Plankton
77. “______________ was released from his 4 year sentence.”
78. “I want more Fridays and pancakes.” – Matthew Garrett
79. “You shall not pass!….But I did.” – Jucinda
80. “You’re all gonna regret not dating me in high school.” – Jocelyn Madero
More funny yearbook quotes when you want a good laugh
81. “If we’ve laughed too hard, offended too many people—we’ve done it right“ – Alexis Bass
82. “Waking up is the second hardest thing in the morning.“ – Connor Hart
83. “I’m not great at senior quotes. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?” – Alexis
85. “Be careful who you call crazy. Some of us think it’s a compliment.” – Marilynn Dawson
86. “If I can graduate with over 150 absences throughout high school, you can too.“ – Natalie Turk
87. “I cheated on all my exams.“ – Roshan McGuinness
88. “See kids… I told you your mom was hot back in high school.“ – Paulyn Trinh
89. “I’m sorry, did my shoulders distract you from reading this quote?“ – Victoria DiPaolo
90. “I was the Beyoncé in a school full of Michelles.“ – Jose Alvarez
Witty quotes for yearbook
91. “I’ve learned to say here when the teacher hesitates while taking attendance.“ – Omotola Omotinugbon
92. “If you ain’t talking money… I don’t want to talk.“ – Michael and Steven DiBlasi
93. “It’s so hard being a single mom when you have no kids and are a male teenager.“ –
94. “All three years of high school, I had my earphones on, and no one ever knew.“ – Amena Al-shugaa
95. “Anything is possible when you sound caucasian on the phone.“ – Betshina Bernier
96. “… was released from his four-year sentence.“ – Faizon Graham
97. “I don’t always graduate, but when I do, it’s barely.“ – Hannah Goldsborough
98. “Some students drink at the fountain of knowledge.” – E.C. McKenzie
99. “I used to be a straight A student, now I’m not even straight.“ – Martin Sanchez
100. “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” —Marvin Phillips
Short Funny Yearbook Quotes To Keep You Going
101. “You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ― Jim Carrey
102. “It is difficult to steer a parked car, so get moving.” ― Henrietta Mears
103. “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” ― Roger Staubach
104. “Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.” ― Lowell Thomas
105. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” ― Steve Jobs
106. “Seek to understand before you seek to be understood.” ― Stephen Covey
107. “Your destiny is the story of your life, and you get to tell the story your way.” ― Scott Allan
108. “Never think you have reached success for when you do then you start the slide down.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
109. “Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep.” ― Carl Sandburg
110. “Don’t let anyone steal your dream. It’s your dream, not theirs.” ― Dan Zadra
Funny yearbook quotes from movies
111. “I’m in a glass case of emotion!” —Will Ferrell, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
112. “Whoever said orange is the new pink was seriously disturbed.” — Elle Woods, Legally Blonde
114. “The smell of your weird is totally affecting my vocal cords.” — Bumper Allen, Pitch Perfect
115. “So you’re telling me there’s a chance…” – Dumb and Dumber, 1994
116. “It’s like a pirate had a baby with an angel.” – Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
117. “Show me the money!” – Jerry Maguire, 1996
118. “Help is on the way, dear!” – Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
119. “What is this? A school for ants?” — Derek Zoolander, Zoolander
120. “Shutting up, sir.” – Star Wars: A New Hope (1977)
Funny Yearbook Quotes To Sharpen Your Wit
121. “Focus more on your desire than on your doubt, and the dream will take care of itself.” — Mark Twain
122. “It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use, that makes a difference in how your life turns out.” — Zig Ziglar
123. “Start today follow your heart. Map out your own journey. Have the adventure of a lifetime.” — Melody Beattie
124. “It only takes one extra something! To get you to where you trying to get to!” — Eric Thomas
125. “Showing up is 80 percent of life.” — Woody Allen
126. “Biology gives you a brain. Life turns it into a mind.” — Jeffrey Eugenides
127. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone else in the world. If you do so you are insulting yourself.” — Bill Gates
128. “The future depends on what you do today.” — Gandhi
129. “Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.” — Vince Lombardi
130. “Nothing in this world is impossible to a willing heart.” — Abraham Lincoln
Funny Yearbook Quotes To Inspire Your Life
131. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” — Milton Berle
132. “Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” — Malala Yousafzai
133. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” — Scott Belsky
134. “Shoot for the moon; if you miss you will die in our space, which is cool.” — Katya Zamolodchikova
135. “Yo yearbook. I’mma let you finish, but my junior year photo was the best photo of all time!” — Kanye West
136. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” — Beyonce Knowles
137. “Should have burned this place down when I had the chance.” — Michael Scott
138. “Life is like a rollercoaster. Just when you think you’re on top, you go flying back down and someone pukes on you.” — Jenna Mourey
139. “It is time that we all see gender as a spectrum instead of two sets of opposing ideals.” — Emma Watson
140. “Look at education as a continuous life-long journey.” — Catherine Pulsifer
Funny Yearbook Quotes for a Crazy Day
141. “I would prefer to die of passion or boredom.” ― Vincent van Gogh.
142. “If somebody ever asks you to do something, do it really bad, so you never have to do it again.” ― Joanna Clark.
143. “If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you’ve done and whoever you were and throw them away.” ― Steve Jobs
144. “I want to thank Google, Wikipedia, and to whoever invented copy and paste. Thank you.” ― Stephanie Flores.
145. “Every boy can become an artist but the problem is what is required for the artist to become an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso
146. “The successful walk from failure to failure was without a loss of enthusiasm. I attribute my success to this: I never gave or used an excuse.” ― Winston Churchill
147. “I’ve been a Ho all my life.” ― Michelle Ho
148. “You become what you believe. You are where you are today in your life based on everything you have believed.” ― Oprah Winfrey
149. “To all the teachers that never thought me a thing…” ― Julia Simsuangco
150. “You must be the change you want to see in the world.” ― Gandhi.
Did you enjoy these funny yearbook quotes?
If you’re going to be graduating soon then you might want to use one of these funny yearbook quotes as your own quote.
Or you may just want to use them to inspire you in your own creative thinking so you can leave your own unique quote that you can be remembered for.
Or, if you’ve already graduated, you can use these quotes just for entertainment or to relive your own high school years.
Chances are good that some of these quotes will remind you of people that you went to school with or memories that you made during that time of your life.
Which of these funny yearbook quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.