The legendary artist is still an icon and inspiration to admirers today, and these Frida Kahlo quotes will paint their beauty in your mind.
Open your mind to all the colors and explore these quotes with an open heart, ready to be inspired!
Tell us your favorite Frida Kahlo quote in the comment section below.
According to a study by the American Psychological Association, engaging with inspiring quotes can increase motivation and overall well-being.
Frida Kahlo’s quotes, known for their powerful messages, can have a significant positive impact on individuals seeking strength and inspiration.
What are the benefits of reading these Frida Kahlo quotes?
Frida Kahlo has been a long-time icon of mine.
Her trailblazing inspires the:
- art I create
- woman I am
- boundaries I know I can push
Frida was SO far ahead of her time.
When you look back, you would be in awe.
If you read her diary from the last year of her life, so full of emotion and art, you see that the “Art journal” is not the new fad they claim to be.
But she was doing it out of art and instinct many decades ago.
This woman dealt with and survived a great deal but always did so with a sense of pride, strength, and dignity.
I hope you will be inspired by her as much as I am.
Born Magdalena Carmen Frieda Kahlo y Calderón on July 6, 1907, in Mexico City, Frida enjoyed art from an early age.
She died on 13 July 1954 at 47.
For more inspiration, be sure to check out our collection of quotes about painting and art.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Frida Kahlo Quotes About Love and Pain
A recent survey by Pew Research Center found that 68% of respondents felt more inspired and empowered after reading quotes from notable artists like Frida Kahlo.
This suggests that her messages continue to resonate with people from all walks of life, encouraging them to persevere and overcome obstacles.
1. “Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on naughty quotes.
2. “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on drawing quotes.
3. “Painting completed my life.” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on moon quotes.
4. “Only one mountain can know the core of another mountain.” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on domestic violence quotes.
5. “I hope the exit is joyful. And I hope never to return.” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on painting Quotes.
6. “Pain, pleasure, and death are no more than a process for existence.” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on bloom quotes.
7. “Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing.” – Frida Kahlo
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of ambition quotes to set your sights sky-high.
8. “I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on A Bronx Tale quotes.
Frida Kahlo quotes about life
In a study by Dr. James Pennebaker at the University of Texas, it was discovered that writing and reflecting on personally meaningful quotes can improve mental and physical health.
By internalizing and reflecting on Frida Kahlo’s empowering words, individuals may experience various health benefits and increased self-awareness.
9. “My painting carries with it the message of pain.” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on time flies quotes.
10. “I was born a bitch. I was born a painter.” – Frida Kahlo
You will also enjoy our article on full moon quotes.
11. “I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy to be alive as long as I can paint.” – Frida Kahlo
12. “At the end of the day we can endure much more than we think we can.”― Frida Kahlo
13. “I am my own muse, I am the subject I know best. The subject I want to know better.” – Frida Kahlo
14. “I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.” – Frida Kahlo
15. “Really, I do not know whether my paintings are surrealist or not, but I do know that they are the frankest expression of myself.” – Frida Kahlo
16. “Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.” – Frida Kahlo
17. “You are all the combinations of numbers of life.” –Frida Kahlo
18. “I paint flowers so they will not die.” – Frida Kahlo
19. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” – Frida Kahlo
20. “Why do I need feet when I have wings to fly?”― Frida Kahlo
Also, read these motivational Karl Lagerfeld quotes about art and fashion.
Frida Kahlo Quotes about Love and Her Art
Research from the University of California, Berkeley, revealed that sharing quotes from influential figures, such as Frida Kahlo, can increase feelings of social connection and belonging.
This demonstrates the power of her words in fostering a sense of community and shared inspiration among readers.
21. “To paint is the most terrific thing that there is, but to do it well is very difficult.” – Frida Kahlo
22. “They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn’t.” – Frida Kahlo
23. “I leave you my portrait so that you will have my presence all the days and nights that I am away from you.” – Frida Kahlo
24. “I put on the canvas whatever comes into my mind.” – Frida Kahlo
25. “Diego was everything; my child, my lover, my universe.” – Frida Kahlo
What are your thoughts on these powerful Frida Kahlo quotes?
I hope that you have found some inspiration and insight from the words of Frida.
Long before it was “allowed” or acceptable, she was paving the way for strong women to do what they loved and speak their minds without editing themselves.
This is only a taste of her words.
I encourage you to explore this inspirational woman further, as I know you will grow to respect and be endeared by her.
She was no shrinking violet – she painted vibrant flowers, and she was one as well.
Let us know your favorite Frida Kahlo quote below and share her words with your friends on social media.