It’s true that you should treat everyone with kindness, and these quotes by Mother Teresa will inspire you to see all the good in the world around you and challenge others to do the same.
A selfless humanitarian, these Mother Teresa quotes will want to make you be a better person after reading them.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study conducted by the University of California, Berkeley found that when people engage in acts of kindness, they experience greater well-being and lower levels of stress.
This statistic could be used to back up Mother Teresa’s quote, “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
Mother Teresa is admired by millions because of her charitable work and the lives she touched.
Some of her views were controversial, but no one can deny the power of her words and actions!
Mother Teresa’s quote, “I was once asked why I don’t participate in anti-war demonstrations.
I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I’ll be there”, lead me to want to find out more about her.
I soon bought the book, Love: The Words and Inspiration of Mother Teresa, that inspired me to write Vid’s Viddles.
I’m going to share with you 50 of the best quotes by Mother Teresa that I assure you will inspire you to appreciate life more, love more, and find beauty all around you.
These came from the book I mentioned earlier, as well as her other book, Where There Is Love, There is God, as well as her interviews.
Mother Teresa, known in the Roman Catholic Church as Saint Teresa of Calcutta
Born Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu
26 August 1910 – 5 September 1997
Here is our collection of inspirational, wise, and remarkable Mother Teresa quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a selection of inspirational giving quotes that will show you why it truly is better to give than to receive.
Be sure to check it out as well.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Powerful Quotes by Mother Teresa on Kindness and Love
According to the World Giving Index 2021, which measures charitable behavior across the globe, the United States ranked as the second-most generous country in the world.
This statistic could be used to show that Mother Teresa’s message of charity is still relevant and important today.
1. “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on sister quotes.
2. “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on rumi quotes.
3. “I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish he didn’t trust me so much.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on BTS quotes.
4. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on mother and son quotes.
5. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on mother daughter quotes.
6. “God doesn’t require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on unity quotes.
7. “Live simply so others may simply live.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on kindness quotes.
8. “Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on Their Eyes Were Watching God quotes.
9. “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about helping others.
10. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on good deeds quotes.
11. “Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on Klaus Mikaelson quotes.
12. “Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on home alone quotes.
13. “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on christian quotes.
14. “Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on best quotes of all time.
15. “Good works are links that form a chain of love.” – Mother Teresa
Also, read these Pema Chödrön quotes about finding peace in life.
Inspiring Quotes by Mother Teresa on Charity
According to a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, nearly 6 in 10 Americans (58%) say that religion is very important in their lives.
This statistic could be used to explain why Mother Teresa’s quotes on spirituality and faith are meaningful to many people.
16. “I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on family quotes and sayings.
17. “It is a kingly act to assist the fallen.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on famous quotes by famous people.
18. “I do not pray for success, I ask for faithfulness.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on everything happens for a reason quotes.
19. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
20. “I think I’m more difficult than critical.” – Mother Teresa
21. “I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get for money. No, I wouldn’t touch a leper for a thousand pounds; yet I willingly cure him for the love of God.” – Mother Teresa
22. “I want you to be concerned about your next-door neighbor. Do you know your next-door neighbor?” – Mother Teresa
23. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
24. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” – Mother Teresa
25. “If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.” – Mother Teresa
Which of these beautiful quotes by Mother Teresa touched you the most, and why?
As you can see, Mother Teresa was big on love, giving, and being there for others.
Truth is, we all can love more and lend a helping hand more often.
We are in a time when people are more selfish and take theirs – and other’s lives – for granted.
Perhaps, these quotes by Mother Teresa will inspire you (and others) to start where she left off; helping the less fortunate and loving all despite our differences.
Which of these Mother Teresa quotes was your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.