Take a moment and read through our Quran quotes below.
Quran is also spelled Koran and Quran.
The Quran is a religious book that Muslims believe to be revealed to the prophet Muhammad through the angel Gabriel.
It is believed to be written from 610 through 632 CE when Muhammad died.
While Muslims believe the message was shared with Muhammad, he could not write.
Tradition shares that he had scribes who wrote for him.
It was not meant to be written like a book and is comprised of short messages.
They were compiled together after Muhammad’s death.
The entire book is shorter than the New Testament and Hebrew Bible.
The book is composed of 114 chapters referred to as sūrahs.
If someone memorizes the Quran, they are referred to as hafiz.
The Quran references dozens of events and people from the Bible.
While there are some similarities, there are also notable differences.
You can read some of the text from the book in the Quran quotes below.
You will also enjoy our article on Allah quotes.
Quick Quran quotes
Here are short Quran quotes that its followers know well.
1. “Do not lose hope, nor be sad.” — Quran 3:139
2. “Call upon me, I will respond to you.” — Quran 40:60
3. “Indeed he does not like the proud.” — Quran 16:23
4. “Guide us to the straight path.” — Surah Fatiha Ayat 6
5. “No one will reap except what they sow.” — Quran 6:164
6. “For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.” — Quran 94:5
7. “And seek help in patience and prayers.” — Al Baqara – 45
8. “And say: my lord, increase me in knowledge.” — Quran 20:114
9. “So let not this present life deceive you.” — Surah Fatir Verse 5
10. “The life of this world is merely enjoyment of delusion.” — Quran 3:185
More Quran quotes
Here are more Quran quotes known in the Muslim religion.
11. “My mercy embraces all things.” — Quran 7:156
12. “Surely, good deeds erase bad deeds.” — Ayah Hud 11:114
13. “So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it.” — Al zalzalah verse 7
14. “Indeed, the patient will be given their reward without account.” — Quran 39:10
15. “And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it].” — Ayat 42
16. “And whoever turns away from My remembrance – indeed, he will have a depressed life.” — Quran 20:124
17. “And He found you lost and guided [you]. And He found you poor and made [you] self-sufficient.” — Quran 93:7-8
18. “So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me and do not deny Me.” — Surah Baqarah Verse 152
19. “So whenever guidance comes to you from Me, then whoever follows my guidance, then there will neither be any fear on them nor will they grieve.” — Ayat 38
20. “Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth.” — Surah Imran Ayat 34
Words from the Quran
Passages from the Quran are used in Islamic pottery, metalwork, mosque lamps, and other forms of media.
Share your thoughts about these Quran quotes below.