Turn those lemons into freshly squeezed lemonade with these excellent encouraging quotes as your motivation.
Let us know which one resonated the most with you in the comment section below.
When things get hard, these quotes can help you pull through.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, 44% of adults in the US reported that their stress levels have increased over the past 5 years.
In that regard, sharing encouraging quotes can be a powerful tool for helping people cope with stress and anxiety.
What are the benefits of reading these encouraging quotes?
Once you read these deep quotes about encouragement, you’ll have the ability to move mountains and set your sights on anything you put your mind to!
We may feel bad that something did not go as planned, or we may struggle with why something did not work.
We may not understand why we were passed up for the promotion this time or why people did not respond with enthusiasm to something we were sure they were going to love.
No matter the reason, sometimes all it takes are some quotes of encouragement to remind us:
- It is all going to be OK
- We will figure things out
- Everything really happens for a purpose
These will also help give you the perfect words to encourage those around you who might need a little help to keep going.
Below is a list of encouraging quotes from people far better than I at providing you the motivation and inspiration that you need to lift you up and get you headed in the right direction.
Don’t forget to also read our collection of encouraging Brené Brown quotes that will make you strong.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
You will also enjoy our article on deep quotes.
Encouraging quotes for when life gets tough
According to a study published in the Journal of Applied Psychology, employees who received messages of support and encouragement from their managers experienced lower levels of stress and higher levels of job satisfaction.
The study suggests that encouraging quotes can be a useful tool for managers and leaders to inspire and motivate their teams.
1. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for kids.
2. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
You may also enjoy our collection of Frederick Douglass quotes.
3. “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” – Greg Anderson
You will also enjoy our article on comeback quotes.
4. “Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
You will also enjoy our article on November quotes.
5. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of quotes about new beginnings and starting fresh.
Encouraging quotes to keep you moving forward
A study by the University of Pennsylvania found that optimism and positive thinking can have a direct impact on physical health, with participants reporting fewer symptoms of illness and better overall health.
This highlights the importance of encouraging quotes and their potential impact on well-being.
6. “Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold, the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul.” – Democritus
You will also enjoy our article on motivational work quotes.
7. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational quotes with pictures.
8. “Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance.” – Bruce Barton
You will also enjoy our article on funny motivational quotes about life.
9. “Be thankful for what you have and you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on eyes quotes.
10. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
Also, check out these inspirational quotes about the American Dream.
Quotes of encouragement to help you face anything today
A study by the University of Pennsylvania found that people who were exposed to positive quotes from famous role models were more likely to engage in healthy behaviors, such as exercising regularly and eating well.
The study points out that sharing quotes of encouragement can have a tangible impact on people’s actions.
11. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes 2.
12. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on morning quotes.
13. “When we stop opposing reality, action becomes simple, fluid, kind, and fearless.” – Byron Katie
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of simple quotes that will help you live a simply beautiful life.
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for students.
14. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy.” – Groucho Marx
You will also enjoy our article on quotes for girls.
15. “I’ve always loved journaling as a way to clear my mind. Whether I’m traveling or at home, the first thing I do when I wake up is pull out my notebook and record positive things that have happened to me as well as uplifting thoughts.” – Gloria Reuben
Also, check out these inspirational wallpaper quotes for living life to the fullest.
Encouraging quotes to inspire progress
A study by the University of Michigan found that individuals who practice positive self-talk, such as repeating encouraging quotes to themselves, experience less negative emotions and greater psychological well-being.
This suggests that encouraging quotes can be an effective tool for improving mental health outcomes.
16. “Precious’ is strangely uplifting. It goes down into the valley but it also goes to the mountain tops. A lot of difficult realities are explored in ‘Precious,’ but the peaks make the valleys and the valleys make the peaks.” – Geoffrey S. Fletcher
You will also enjoy our article on know your worth quotes.
17. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.“ – Frederick Douglass
You will also enjoy our article on life advice.
18. “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
You will also enjoy our article on granddaughter quotes.
19. “A constructive, useful life, good works, and good relationships are as valid as writing poetry or inventing a machine. Anything that one does well and obtains satisfaction from is a good enough reason for living. To be a decent human being that people like and feel better for knowing is enough.” – Robert Gould
You will also enjoy our article on positive thinking quotes.
20. “A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is NOT what it is built for.” – Albert Einstein
Don’t forget to also read these quotes from Shawshank Redemption that will give you hope even if it seems like there’s no way out.
Encouraging quotes to inspire you to success
A study by the University of Iowa found that individuals who view setbacks as opportunities for growth and learning, rather than failures, are more likely to persevere and achieve their goals.
This suggests that encouraging quotes that promote a growth mindset and resilience can be a powerful tool for overcoming obstacles.
21. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” – Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on wisdom quotes.
22. “I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone.” – Henry Rollins
You will also enjoy our article on hard times quotes.
23. “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” – Napoleon Hill
You will also enjoy our article on everything happens for a reason quotes.
24. “Your destiny is to fulfill those things upon which you focus most intently. So choose to keep your focus on that which is truly magnificent, beautiful, uplifting and joyful. Your life is always moving toward something.” – Ralph Marston
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes.
25. “Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.” – L.M. Montgomery
You might also like these inspirational cheer quotes that will make your day better.
Encouraging quotes to help you overcome obstacles
A study by the University of Cambridge found that individuals who practice self-compassion, such as offering themselves encouraging words and thoughts, are more likely to experience positive emotions and greater psychological well-being.
This suggests that encouraging quotes that promote self-compassion can be a powerful tool for improving mental health outcomes.
26. “I Won’ is not a love song. It’s just me uplifting women in general. I’m giving women the power to treat themselves as a trophy – to show that and know it in yourself and be confident – because when they do that, whoever they’re with is winning.” – Nayvadius Cash
You will also enjoy our article on never give up quotes.
27. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.” – Mario Fernandez
You will also enjoy our article on good man quotes.
28. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” – John Lennon
You will also enjoy our article on thankful quotes.
29. “Every small positive change we make in ourselves repays us in confidence in the future.” – Alice Walker
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about helping others.
30. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of hang-in-there quotes to keep you going.
Quotes of encouragement to keep you moving
In a survey conducted by the American Psychological Association, more than half of respondents reported that the current political climate is a significant source of stress.
Encouraging quotes can serve as a source of comfort and inspiration during stressful times.
31. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
You will also enjoy our article on journey quotes.
32. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
You will also enjoy our article on Sadhguru quotes.
You will also enjoy our article on focus quotes.
33. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson
You will also enjoy our article on determination quotes.
34. “When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” – Karen E. Quinones Miller
You will also enjoy our article on rainbow quotes.
35. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
Don’t forget to also read these funny inspirational quotes celebrating life, love & struggles.
Quotes of encouragement to help you win
A study by the University of Warwick found that happy workers are 12% more productive than their unhappy counterparts.
Encouraging quotes can help boost morale and improve productivity, making them a valuable tool in the workplace.
36. “I think Romeo and Juliet is uplifting. That’s how much a son wishes to avenge his father. That is how much two young people can love each other.” – Ben Kingsley
You will also enjoy our article on revenge quotes.
37. “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.” – Les Brown
You will also enjoy our article on patience quotes.
38. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
You will also enjoy our article on you can do it quotes.
39. “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” – Mary Dunbar
You will also enjoy our article on Anne with an “E” quotes.
40. “Life has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight and off you go.”— Nicole Kidman
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual quotes.
Encouraging quotes to inspire you on your journey
41. “If I persist long enough I will win.” – Og Mandino
You will also enjoy our article on bear quotes.
42. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.”— Michael Altshuler
You will also enjoy our article on empowering quotes.
43. “Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” – Henry David Thoreau
You will also enjoy our article on Stop Expecting.
44. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”― Roy T. Bennett
You will also enjoy our article on scars quotes.
45. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these motivational quotes of the day for daily rejuvenation.
Quotes of encouragement for when things get tough
46. “Don’t give up on believing things can and will get better, even if they seem to be getting worse.”― Yedidah Spann
You will also enjoy our article on keep your head up quotes.
47. “There is always light. If only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.” – Amanda Gorman
You will also enjoy our article on moving forward quotes.
48. “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” – Steve Martin
You will also enjoy our article on women supporting women quotes.
49. “I think it’s possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” – Elon Musk
You will also enjoy our article on Sailor Moon quotes.
50. “You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.” – Joel Osteen
51. “I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
You might also like these heart touching quotes celebrating love and life.
Quotes of encouragement for when you feel low
52. “Don’t give up. Don’t lose hope. Don’t sell out.” – Christopher Reeve
You will also enjoy our article on albert einstein quotes.
53. “The truest greatness lies in being kind, the truest wisdom in a happy mind.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about possibility.
54. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.”― Zig Ziglar
55. “Defeat is simply a signal to press onward.” – Helen Keller
56. “Don’t let anyone convince you, ever again, that you’re nothing without them.”― Julia Ash
57. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
58. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”― Confucius
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
59. “You’re on your way, my man. Keep going.”― Vincent H. O’Neil
60. “I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.” – George Burns
You will also enjoy our article on tough times.
Encouraging quotes to inspire you toward your goals
61. “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of insanity quotes to help you stay sane in the chaos that is life.
62. “The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.”― Arthur C. Clarke
63. “Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.” – William Arthur Ward
64. “Only he who attempts the absurd is capable of achieving the impossible.”― Miguel de Unamuno
65. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
You will also enjoy our article on grace quotes.
Quotes of encouragement to inspire and motivate
66. “The more the panic grows, the more uplifting the image of a man who refuses to bow to the terror.” – Ernst Junger
67. “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” – Albert Einstein
68. “Everything is hard before it is easy.”― Goethe J.W.
69. “The world is more malleable than you think and it’s waiting for you to hammer it into shape.” – Bono
70. “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” – Joseph Campbell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Joseph Campbell quotes to inspire long-term thinking.
Quotes of encouragement to brighten your day
71. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert H. Schuller
72. “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.”— Ruth Bader Ginsburg
73. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
74. “I try to make my mood uplifting and peaceful, then watch the world around me reflect that mood.” – Yaya DaCosta
75. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
76. “Listening to music is such an uplifting, spiritual thing. It’s far-fetched to some – I understand that. But the way dance music brings people together, it’s not a big stretch from hymns.” – Kaskade
77. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
78. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
79. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely
80. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on failure quotes.
Encouraging quotes that offer inspiration and comfort
81. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
82. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
83. “Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” – Benjamin Franklin
84. “Belief creates the actual fact.”— William James
85. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
86. “An uplifting sense of purpose is more than an impetus for individual accomplishment, it is also a necessary insurance policy against expediency and impropriety.” – Gary Hamel
87. “Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
88. “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
89. “You can be everything. You can be the infinite amount of things that people are.”— Kesha
90. “Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it.” – Charles R. Swindoll
Don’t forget to also read out the handpicked collection of Monday motivation quotes to start your week off on the right track.
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being strong.
Quotes of encouragement to inspire and teach
91. “The first step is you have to say that you can.” – Will Smith
92. “I don’t believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.” – Joseph Campbell
93. “How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively.” – Norman Vincent Peale
94. “I want people to see that the cosmic perspective is simultaneously honest about the universe we live in and uplifting, when we realize how far we have come and how wonderful is this world of ours.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
95. “Most great people have attained their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure.” – Napoleon Hill
96. “It is not the first duty of the novelist to provide blueprints for insurrection, or uplifting tales of successful resistance for the benefit of the opposition. The naming of what is there is what is important.” – Ian Mcewan
97. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
98. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
99. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
You will also enjoy our article on support quotes.
Encouraging quotes to make your day better
101. “There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.” – Buckminster Fuller
102. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you.” —Walt Whitman
103. “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.”– Hans Christian Andersen
104. “The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” —Bertrand Russell
105. “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.” – Dalai Lama
106. “All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” —Earl Nightingale
107. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.”– Robert Frost
108. “The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money.” —Thomas Jefferson
109. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.”– Robert Collier
110. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” —Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on marine quotes.
Encouraging quotes to overcome obstacles
111. “A big part of being a well-adjusted person is accepting that you can’t be good at everything.”– Kelly Williams Brown
112. “It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.” —Amelia Barr
113. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”– William James
114. “Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” —Malala Yousafzai
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of reality quotes aimed at helping you live your best life.
115. “Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.”– Jacques Prevert
116. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”— Malala Yousafzai
117. “It doesn’t matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop.”– Confucius
118. “I believe that if one always looked at the skies, one would end up with wings.” —Gustave Flaubert
119. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” —Wilma Rudolph
120. “I dwell in possibility.” —Emily Dickinson
You will also enjoy our article on finish strong quotes.
Encouraging quotes to inspire progress
121. “Any kind of crisis can be good. It wakes you up.” – Ryan Reynolds
122. “Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.”— Frank Ocean
123. “Close scrutiny will show that most ‘crisis situations’ are opportunities to either advance, or stay where you are.” – Maxwell Maltz
124. “If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done.”— Thomas Jefferson
125. “Crises and deadlocks when they occur have at least this advantage, that they force us to think.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
126. “Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.”— Imam Ali
127. “Great occasions do not make heroes or cowards; they simply unveil them to our eyes. Silently and imperceptibly, as we wake or sleep, we grow strong or weak; and at last some crisis shows what we have become.” –Brooke Foss Westcott
You might also like these pain quotes will help you channel your warrior within.
128. “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.”— Walter Bagehot
129. “Something good comes out of every crisis.” – Dave Pelzer
130. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”— Earl Nightingale
You will also enjoy our article on two-word quotes.
Encouraging quotes to elevate your mind
131. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” — Judy Garland
132. “I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.” — Anne Frank
133. “I think the best way to have confidence is not to allow everyone else’s insecurities to be your own.” — Jessie J
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of insecurity quotes to help you gain confidence.
134. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
135. “When you notice that you’re having negative thoughts about how all of this is going to pan out, you need to remind yourself that you are not a very good fortune teller.” — Donna W. Hill
136. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
137. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” — Oprah
138. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
139. “Keep your sunny side up, keep yourself beautiful, and indulge yourself.” — Betsey Johnson
140. “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” – Dalai Lama
You will also enjoy our article on cooking quotes.
Encouraging quotes to inspire you today
141. “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” – Oprah Winfrey
142. “Done is better than perfect.” – Sheryl Sandberg
143. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
144. “It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.” – Vince Lombardi
145. “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” – Shonda Rhimes
146. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
147. “It is your determination and persistence that will make you a successful person.” –Kenneth J Hutchins
148. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
149. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
150. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
Also, check out these insightful disappointment quotes on life and love.
You will also enjoy our article on Sun Tzu quotes.
More encouraging quotes and sayings
151. “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” — Mother Teresa
152. “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.” — Catherine Cook
153. “How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable?” – Seth Godin
154. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
155. “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” — Malala Yousafzai
156. “I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estée Lauder
157. “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” — Blake Lively
158. “Everything you can imagine is real.”― Pablo Picasso
159. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” — Amelia Earhart
160. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on keep pushing quotes.
Encouraging quotes that will help you reach your full potential
161. “When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.” — Banksy
162. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” — Helen Keller
163. “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.” — Jon Acuff
164. “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” – Sheryl Sandberg
165. “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
166. “I’m going to make everything around me beautiful – that will be my life.” — Esie de Wolfe
167. “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry Truman
168. “The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he’s dead.” –Bette Davis
169. “I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.” – Audre Lorde
170. “Always keep your eyes open. Keep watching. Because whatever you see can inspire you.” — Grace Coddington
You will also enjoy our article on cloud quotes.
Encouraging quotes to keep you going
171. “Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire.” – Patti Smith
172. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
173. “It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
174. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
175. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
176. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
177. “Not having the best situation, but seeing the best in your situation is the key to happiness.” – Marie Forleo
178. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
179. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
180. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – H.G. Wells
You will also enjoy our article on time flies quotes.
Encouraging quotes to empower you
181. “Even small positive shifts in thinking, create huge results if you are consistent in your efforts.”― Nanette Mathews
182. “Don’t wait for the right moment. Just get started and learn along the way.”― Garima Soni
183. “The grind you go through glorifies your greatness.”― Hiral Nagda
184. “Anyone can start a marathon. Only the strongest will finish it, even after they fall.”― Gena Showalter
185. “It’s the little things that keep us going.”― Richie Norton
186. “Don’t resist the growing pains, push through them.”― Germany Kent
187. “Never allow situations and people to halt your mission.”― Hiral Nagda
188. “Always remember that motivation gets you moving, but determination keeps you going.”
― Dr. Prem Jagyasi
189. “Keep your head up. Move forward. Keep going.”― Alex Trebek
190. “A bad day doesn’t cancel out a good life. Keep going.”― Richie Norton
You will also enjoy our article on free spirit quotes.
Encouraging quotes for hard times
191. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
192. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” — Epictetus
193. “He knows not his own strength who hath not met adversity.” – William Samuel Johnson
194. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” ― Roy T. Bennett
195. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
196. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Khalil Gibran
197. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert Schuller
198. “Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations.” — Zig Ziglar
199. “Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
200. “We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.” — William J. Brennan, Jr.
Encouraging quotes for work
201. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” —George Lorimer
202. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
203. “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.”—Tricia Cunningham
204. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
205. “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” —Farrah Gray
206. “You will never plough a field if you only turn it over in your mind.” – Irish Proverb
207. “Light tomorrow with today.” —Elizabeth Barrett Browning
208. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
209. “Make each day your masterpiece.” —John Wooden
210. “Once you have commitment, you need the discipline and hard work to get you there.” –
Encouraging Quotes To Find Daily Motivation
211. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new” ― Albert Einstein
212. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” — B.B. King
213. “The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be ignited.” – Plutarch
214. “Learning is never done without errors and defeat.” – Vladimir Lenin
215. “Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.” — Babe Ruth
216. “Procrastination makes easy things hard and hard things harder.” — Mason Cooley
217. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
218. “The expert in anything was once a beginner.” — Helen Hayes
219. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
220. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
Encouraging Quotes To Help You Overcome Fear Of Failure
221. “No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.” ― Demi Lovato
222. “Don’t aim for success if you want it, just do what you love and believe in and it will come naturally.” ― David Frost
223. “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ― A.A. Milne
224. “Soon, when all is well, you’re going to look back on this period of your life and be so glad that you never gave up.” ― Brittany Burgunder
225. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” ― Helen Keller
226. “You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.” ― Rosa Parks
227. “All dreams are within reach. All you have to do is keep moving towards them.” ― Viola Davis
228. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” ― Thomas Paine
229. “When we are open to new possibilities, we find them. Be open and skeptical of everything.” ― Todd Kashdan
230. “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.” ― Alice Morse Earle
Encouraging Quotes To Help You Achieve Your Dreams
231. “If you’re waiting until you feel talented enough to make it, you’ll never make it.” ― Criss Jami
232. “We are surrounded by adversity but we shall triumph because we have a greater spirit.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
233. “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.” ― Janice Trachtman
234. “Our lives are the Journey we take to find our true selves!” ― Alyssa Gonzalez
235. “If you believe in your dream with all your heart, you can achieve it.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
236. “If you are willing to be present on the good days,be ready to learn from the bad days.” ― Ian Osebe
237. “Start from today, Or there will be no tomorrow.” ― Abed Rahmani
238. “Life is about discovering your passion and creating a fire to burn inside of you. Let your passion drive you!” ― Chris Burkmenn
239. “Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.” ― William Wordsworth
240. “With diligence, discipline and determination you can fulfill the dream.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Encouraging Quotes To Lift You Up
241. “A warrior must only take care that his spirit is never broken” – Shissai
242. “But where life is more terrible than death, it is then the truest valor to dare to live.” – Inazo Natube
243. “It’s not about being superhuman, it’s about realizing that being human is super!” – Sadhguru
244. “There has been a constant war, a war with fear. Those who have the courage to conquer it are made free.” – Alexander the Great
245. “The question isn’t who is going to let me: it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
246. “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within.” – Miyamoto Musashi
247. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
248. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
249. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
250. “The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself.” – Eddie Vedder
Encouraging Quotes To Motivate You Towards Success
251. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it.” — Henry David Thoreau
252. “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” — Carol Burnett
253. “It is often the small steps, not the giant leaps, that bring about the most lasting change.” — Queen Elizabeth II
254. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
255. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau
256. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” — Milton Berle
257. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” — W. Clement Stone
257. “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” ― Stephanie Lahart
258. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” — Napoleon Hill
259. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
260. “Success only comes to those who dare to attempt.” — Mallika Tripathi
Encouraging Quotes To Give You Hope
261. “The person with the Greatest HOPE, has the Greatest INFLUENCE.” ― Bill Johnson
262. “The key to happiness is forgiveness, forgiving ourselves most of all.” ― Michelle Muriel
263. “I was proud of myself for how well I ‘managed’ and refused to give up on my dreams.” ― Kristen Butler
264. “Don’t despair, determined to keep going.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
265. “Whatever difficulty you may faced, do not get discouraged.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
266. “You are more than your pain; you are more than your losses; you are simply waiting to explode with magnificent vibrations.” ― Amelia Rose
267. “Allow your dreams to shower your aspirations, and allow your hopes to be a source of encouragement.” ― Shaa Zainol
268. “PRAY without ceasing’ and take praise breaks all throughout your day!” ― DeBorrah K. Ogans
269. “Always be true to yourself and follow your dreams!” ― LaDonna M. Cook
270. “It’s faith that will take you through and determination that will drive you.” ― Jonathan Anthony Burkett
Encouraging Quotes To Make You Courageous
271. “I’ve always thrived on the encouragement of others.” — Patti Smith
272. “Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
273. “Act enthusiastic and you will be enthusiastic.” — Dale Carnegie
274. “There is no such thing in anyone’s life as an unimportant day.” — Alexander Woollcott
275. “Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.” — Donald Trump
276. “With our own shortcomings, we are in no position to judge anyone else. The best way to forget the faults of others is to remember our own.” — Nicky Gumbel
277. “The moment you accept responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life, is the moment you gain the power to change ANYTHING in your life.” — Hal Elrod
278. “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” — James A. Garfield
279. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” — Oscar Wilde
280. “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” — Edmund Hillary
Which of these encouraging quotes was your favorite?
It’s normal to feel down and out sometimes.
But rest assured that whatever it is that you’re facing now, you’ll be alright.
Things have a way of resolving themselves when we least expect it.
So just keep your chin up and keep these quotes of encouragement in your pocket (or tablet). 😉
Did you enjoy these encouraging quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.