Why is living in the moment important?
How do you actually live in the moment and stay present?
These living in the moment quotes will help you understand why you should live in the moment and how to to do it.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the University of Sussex, focusing on the present moment through mindfulness practices can lead to increased feelings of happiness.
The study finding highlights the potential impact of living in the moment quotes on overall well-being.
How do you want to spend your life?
Ultimately, living in the moment is one of the best pieces of advice to take.
People usually arrive at this conclusion because they have been made keenly aware of how short life is.
This revelation is most often brought on by a tragedy.
I don’t think you should wait until tragedy befalls you to start living your life for you!
You only get this one (well maybe…)!
The importance lies in finding purpose, truly living life, and realizing that we each only have a limited number of days on this earth.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and insightful living in the moment quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read these one day at a time quotes to live by.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Living in the moment quotes to inspire happiness and joy
According to a study by the University of Warwick, individuals who live in the present moment tend to have better self-control and are less likely to engage in impulsive behaviors.
Thus, emphasizing the potential benefits of using living in the moment quotes as a tool for self-regulation.
1. “Happiness, not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.” ― Walt Whitman
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about having fun.
2. “Life is a journey, not a destination.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on experience quotes.
3. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ― Amit Ray
You will also enjoy our article on life changing quotes.
4. “The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment.” ― Lauren Kate
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being happy.
5. “Forever is composed of nows.” ― Emily Dickinson
You will also enjoy our article on letting go quotes.
6. “Now is the only time we have, and the only time we have any control over.” ― Richard Carlson
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational time quotes.
7. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon.” ― Charles M. Schulz
You will also enjoy our article on uplifting quotes.
8. “The here and now is all we have, and if we play it right it’s all we’ll need.” ― Ann Richards
You will also enjoy our article on too busy.
9. “Living in the moment, that’s the first step to Having.” ― Suh Yoon Lee
You will also enjoy our article on eckhart tolle quotes.
10. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” – Mother Teresa
Living in the moment quotes about life
A study by the University of Oxford found that mindfulness practices can lead to increased resilience in the face of stress and adversity.
The study thus emphasizes the potential benefits of using living in the moment quotes to build emotional and mental resilience.
11. “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” ― Bill Watterson
You will also enjoy our article on Nicki Minaj quotes.
12. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on Matrix quotes.
13. “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” ― Mandy Hale
14. “Life is about dancing in the rain while the sun sings its music and the rainbows deliver hope. It is in being totally and fully present with ourselves, that we can live a whole lifetime in a single moment.” ― Mimi Novic
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you happiness.
15. “Your life is your own quote, so define it.” ― Shashidhar Sa
You will also enjoy our article on Winnie the Pooh quotes.
16. “Life is not something we put on the backburner hoping to get to live further down the line” ― Adiela Akoo
Also read these memory quotes that will motivate you to create new and wonderful memories every day.
Living in the moment quotes about forever and control
17. “Instead of bracing yourself for the perils of the unknown, embrace the joy that is here, in your present moment.” ― Michelle D. Rosado
18. “If there’s one thing I learned, it’s that nobody is here forever. You have to live for the moment, each and every day . . . the here, the now.” ― Simone Elkeles
19. “The goal in life is not to try and live forever, but to create something that will forever in people’s hearts.” ― Karon Waddell
20. “Overthinking will not empower you over things that are beyond your control. So, let it be if it is meant to be and cherish the moment.” ― Mahsati A
21. “I want to see you happy. I want you to live in the moment and smile spontaneously. Your entire face lights up. It’s beautiful.” ― Kerry Lonsdale
22. “You don’t need anyone’s consent to live your dreams” ― Bernard Kelvin Clive
Also check out these beautiful horse quotes that will inspire you to take a ride.
Days go by, so live in the moment
23. “What day is it?” asked Pooh. “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “My favorite day,” said Pooh.” ― A.A. Milne
24. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “Some moments are happy. Some moments are sad. Live each moment. Embrace life!” ― Avijeet Das
26. “Don’t live the same day over and over again and call that a life. Life is about evolving mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.” ― Germany Kent
27. “Enjoy today. It is one of the “good old days” you will miss in the future!” ― Etta Sawyerr
28. “Wake up to a brand new day and realize why you woke up to meet the day! Live to the end of another day and understand why you lived in the day!” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of when I am gone quotes about love and life.
Living in the moment quotes about the past, present and future
29. “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” ― Thomas S. Monson
30. “Life is a preparation for the future, and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” ― Albert Einstein
31. “If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never truly be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in that way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” ― M.J. Ryan
32. “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.” ― Henry David Thoreau
33. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.” ― Jerry Spinelli
34. “I live in the moment. Drink from the fresh spring of the present, you shall get to enjoy the true taste of happiness. If you do not expect anything from the future, then whatever winds may blow, they won’t be able to sway you off your path, will they?” ― Tamuna Tsertsvadze
35. “Live in the moment—not just for the future moment.” ― Debasish Mridha
36. “The best way to create a better future is to do your best at this very moment.” ― Debasish Mridha
37. “The older one gets, the more one feels that the present moment must be enjoyed, comparable to a state of grace.” ― Marie Curie
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
38. “The future belongs to those who learn from the past and live brilliantly in the present moment.” ― Debasish Mridha
39. “As you become more present in your own life, you will begin to enlighten others by your example.” ― Germany Kent
Have you seen these free spirit quotes and sayings for those with a wild heart?
Other inspirational living in the moment quotes
40. “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” ― Betty Smith
41. “We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends and living our lives.” ― Maya Angelou
42. “Why not just live in the moment, especially if it has a good beat?” ― Goldie Hawn
43. “What matters is what we do with the life we have.” ― Carrie Ryan
44. “The point is to be in the moment, not miss the moment while trying to capture it.” ― Sheralyn Pratt
45. “Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for your life to begin and start making the most of the moment you are in.” ― Germany Kent
46. “Remember to do everything with an abundance of love, so that one day you will remember the beauty of every moment lived.” ― Mimi Novic
47. “Don’t wait for a crisis to realize what matters most. Put yourself first right now. Because right now is all we have.” ― Brittany Burgunder
48. “Unlike man, a dog lives every moment and dies only once.” ― Tapan Ghosh
49. “Live in the moment, where everything is just right, take your time and limit your bad memories and you’ll get wherever it is you’re going a lot faster and with less bumps in the road along the way.” ― J.A. Redmerski, The Edge of Never
50. “Mindfulness is living in the moment without judging it.” ― Debasish Mridha
You might also like these powerful life is short quotes about happiness, death, and more.
More living in the moment quotes and sayings
51. “We need to embrace every day and enjoy it as much as we can.” ― Karen Todd Scarpulla
52. “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” – Wayne Dyer
53. “Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.” – Gilda Radner
54. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” – Morris West
55. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
56. “Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
57. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
58. “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snowflake.” – Francis Bacon
59. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
60. “Be Yourself. Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle. Just Be.” – Nhat Hanh
Living in the moment quotes to encourage
61. “I just want to live each moment to the fullest. And enjoy life.” – Kadeena Cox
62. “Don’t make things too complicated. Try to relax, enjoy every moment, get used to everything.” – Angelique Kerber
63. “If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.” – Jim Carrey
64. “Life is short, and if we enjoy every moment of every day, then we will be happy no matter what happens or what changes along the way.” – Gretchen Bleiler
65. “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” – Abraham Maslow
66. “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
67. “The past is never there when you try to go back. It exists, but only in memory. To pretend otherwise is to invite a mess.” – Chris Cobbs
68. “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” – Anonymous
69. “Enjoy life now. This is not a rehearsal.” – Anonymous
70. “Don’t let the past steal your present.” – Cherralea Morgan
Living In The Moment Quotes To Inspire You To Take Action Right Now
71. “There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.” — Oprah Winfrey
72. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Joe Lewis
73. “Happiness is not by chance, but by choice.” – Jim Rohn
74. “Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Breault
75. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
77. “Don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
77. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did.” – Mark Twain
78. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
79. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
80. “You do not find a happy life. You make it.” – Camilla Eyring Kimball
Enjoy Everyday With These Living In The Moment Quotes
81.“The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” — Richard Bach
82. “We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it.” ― John Newton
83. “The decision to make the present moment a friend is the end of the ego.” — Eckhart Tolle
84. “My past and my future depends on today.” — Trevor Hall
85. “Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.” — Oprah
86. “Living in the present moment creates the experience of eternity.” ― Deepak Chopra
87. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life.” — Eckhart Tolle
88. “We know nothing of tomorrow; our business is to be good and happy today.” — Sydney Smith
89. “Act in the moment, live in the present, slowly slowly don’t allow the past to interfere, and you will be surprised that life is such an eternal wonder, such a mysterious phenomenon and such a great gift that one simply feels constantly in gratitude.” ― Osho
90. “The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Impressive Living In The Moments Quotes To Spice Up Life
91. “History is more or less bunk. It’s tradition. We don’t want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that’s worth a tinker’s damn is the history we make today.” — Henry Ford
92. “Life is available only in the present moment. If you abandon the present moment you cannot live the moments of your daily life deeply.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
93. “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.” — Alice Morse Earle
94. “Children have neither a past nor a future. Thus they enjoy the present, which seldom happens to us.” — Jean de La Bruyère
95. “The meeting of two eternities, the past and the future… is precisely the present moment.” — Henry David Thoreau
96. “Remember then: there is only one time that is important – Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time when we have any power.” — Leo Tolstoy
97. “Past and future are in the mind only – I am now.” — Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
98. “One today is worth two tomorrows.” — Benjamin Franklin
99. “Life is a great and wondrous mystery, and the only thing we know that we have for sure is what is right here right now. Don’t miss it.” — Leo Buscaglia
100. “Nothing is more precious than being in the present moment. Fully alive, fully aware.” — Thích Nhất Hạnh
Living in the Moment Quotes To Take Each Day at a Time
101. “Enjoy what you have, live in the moment, focus on things you can change, and ignore the rest.” — Joe Sacco
102. “Sometimes it’s a struggle to live in the moment.” — Isaac Marion
103. “I am simply looking for a companion with whom to spend my days, a companion who will cherish as much as I the stupidity of living in the moment, and spend every dull, amazing second with me.” — Heidi Julavits
104. “To live for the moment: it sounds so right and so beautiful. But the more I want to, the less I understand what it means.” — Pascal Mercier
105. “I think it’s really important to live in the moment.” — Abbie Cornish
106. “I don’t remember yesterday. I pretty much live in the moment.” — Jim Carrey
107. “When you’re living in the moment, you’re living in the moment; whatever that moment is, that’s your reality. Everything else is a myth.” — Steven Heller
108. “Happiness comes from living in the moment, this moment, now, right here. If you are in obscure state of mind, you won’t see what this moment is. You won’t realize its beauty.” — Frederick Lenz
109. “I don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow, and I can’t relive yesterday, but I live in the moment if I can.” — Ozzy Osbourne
110. “In Method acting, you can’t have preconceived ideas. You have to live in the moment. You have to keep yourself open.” — Dennis Hopper
Living in the Moment Quotes To Live a Fulfilling Life
111. “I promise myself that I will enjoy every minute of the day that is given me to live.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
112. “Living in the moment brings you a sense of reverence for all of life’s blessings.” ― Oprah Winfrey
113. “Seize from every moment its unique novelty, and do not prepare your joys.” ― Andr_ Gide
114. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” ― Oprah Winfrey
115. “Live in the moment and be present in all that you do. Don’t worry yourself with what happened yesterday or what’s going to happen tomorrow. Stay focused with what’s in front of you.” ― Michael Trevino
116. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” ― Buddha
117. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.” ― Eckhart Tolle
118. “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” ― Maya Angelou
119. “The key to enjoying the moment is to always carry a list of “Things I Gotta Do That Can Wait.”” ― Robert Brault
120. “This is your moment. Own it.” ― Oprah Winfrey
Living in the Moment Quotes to Make the Most of Today
121. “The acceptance of death gives you more of a stake in life, in living life happily, as it should be lived. Living for the moment.” ― Sting
122. “Each time I step on the basketball court, I never know what will happen. I live for the moment. I play for the moment.” ― Michael Jordan
123. “I seize all opportunities with two hands. Everything that’s happened to me has taught me to live in the moment as much as possible.” ― Sam Taylor-Wood
124. “All I have is all I need and all I need is all I have in this moment.” ― Byron Katie
125. “Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.” ― Henry Miller
126. “It was so nice just to live in the moment, to enjoy holding him so closely, to pretend for a little while that they were merely two young people in love and nothing else.” ― Melissa de la Cruz
127. “Work hard for your goals and live in the moment.” ― Nadia Comaneci
128. “Anything can happen to anyone at any time and you shouldn’t just live through the days, or you lose them. You should do what you can to enjoy every moment.” ― Sarah Brightman
129. “That’s the interesting thing about the philosophy — to accomplish the grand, you have to focus on the small. To exist in the eternal perspective, you have to live in the moment.” ― Pete Carroll
130. “We all must live our lives always feeling, always thinking the moment has arrived.” ― Tracy Chapman
What did you learn from these living in the moment quotes?
Did these quotes inspire you to start living your own life “in the moment”?
I hope so!
Now, you might be asking yourself how to actually do that.
Here are just a few tips to get you started:
- Stop worrying
- Have big dreams, but do the work today
- Love what you do for work
- Take risks
Every day isn’t going to be without challenges, but how you face them matters.
The type of energy that you put out into your daily practices is important.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these living in the moment quotes and sayings?
Have any other tips to help someone live in the moment?
Feel free to leave a comment in the comment section!