If you’re missing someone dearly but not sure of how to tell them, these I miss you quotes can be the exact words you were searching for.
Let us know your favorite “I miss you” quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 70% of individuals in long-distance relationships reported feeling more satisfied in their relationships when they shared their feelings with their partner.
The study indicates that small acts of love, such as saying “I miss you,” are important to maintaining their connection.
What are the benefits of reading these “I miss you” quotes?
Rely on these amazing missing someone quotes to provide you with the perfect thing to say to that person you can’t stop thinking about.
Missing someone who’s been a part of your life can bring overwhelming sadness.
It can make you feel empty and dejected.
There are various reasons for missing someone.
You could be:
- In a long-distance relationship
- Going through a breakup
- Dealing with the loss of a loved one
Maybe you’re insecure, and you just can’t handle being alone, or maybe you miss the traits and personal qualities.
If you had a strong connection with someone, or if they made you smile and feel special, it makes perfect sense to miss them when they’re no longer in your life.
These “I miss you” quotes will help you discover why you miss someone and give you the perfect words to express your feelings!
So what can you do when you miss someone?
There are various ways to feel better when the situation seems too much to bear.
To make it a little easier, think of all the happy times you enjoyed together and honor their memories if you will never be with this special someone again.
Also, you should understand and accept some distance from the person you desire to be with or try to stay in touch with them.
If the pain of missing them is too much, the best solution might be to distract yourself and move forward by taking on new hobbies, making new friends, or taking a trip somewhere.
Below is our collection of beautiful, wise, and cute I miss you quotes, I miss you sayings, and I miss you proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
Also, see our selection of thinking of you quotes for people you love.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Missing him quotes on Dealing with Distance and Time
In another study published in the Journal of Communication, researchers found that couples in long-distance relationships who communicated regularly and intimately experienced higher levels of closeness than couples who did not.
Respondents believed that expressing love and affection, such as saying “I miss you,” was important to maintaining a successful long-distance relationship.
1. “The scary thing about distance is you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.” – Nicholas Sparks
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for her.
2. “If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” – Claudia Adrienne Grandi
You will also enjoy our article on sad love quotes.
3. “You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them.”– John Cena
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about losing a loved one.
4. “How you can already miss someone when you are in the same room with them, I have no idea. But I do.”― Karen Harrington
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for you husband.
5. “Even though I miss you right now, I know that you will come back to me.”
You will also enjoy our article on eyes quotes.
6. “You know you really miss someone when you crave something so simple such as the sound of their voice.”
You will also enjoy our article on break up quotes.
7. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” — Kay Knudsen
You will also enjoy our article on goodbye quotes.
8. “We only part to meet again.” – John Gay
You will also enjoy our article on good morning quotes for him.
9. “Hearing the words, “I miss you” from the right person is an amazing feeling.”
You will also enjoy our article on letting go quotes.
10. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” – Edna St Vincent Millay
Don’t forget to use these missing someone quotes to make your feelings known.
Missing someone quotes to feel a little better about the situation
A study published in the Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy found that couples in long-distance relationships who were able to maintain a high level of emotional closeness had higher levels of relationship satisfaction.
The study found that sending I miss you quotes can be a simple yet effective way to express love and maintain intimacy in long-distance relationships.
11. “He kisses me like he misses me, even before I have to go.” – C.J. Carlyon
You will also enjoy our article on heart touching quotes.
12. “The world is very quiet without you around.” – Lemony Snicket
You will also enjoy our article on I’m tired quotes.
13. “Trees quiet without the birds, My heart quiet without you.” – Terri Guillemets
You will also enjoy our article on break-up quotes.
14. “I never want to miss a day without you” ― Maria Koszler
You will also enjoy our article on waiting quotes.
15. “His eyes missed her as much as the rest of him.” ― Rainbow Rowell
You will also enjoy our article on beautiful quotes for her.
16. “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” – Munia Khan
You will also enjoy our article on girlfriend quotes.
Cute I Miss You Quotes for her
In a study conducted by Dr. Gary Chapman, author of “The 5 Love Languages,” it was revealed that over 65% of people surveyed identified “Words of Affirmation” as their primary love language.
This demonstrates the importance of expressing our feelings and thoughts to our loved ones, especially when we miss them.
17. “Your memory feels like home to me. So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds its way back to you.” ― Ranata Suzuki
You will also enjoy our article on crush quotes.
18. “I wish for you the wisdom to realize that it’s okay to miss something, but not want it back.” – Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on pretty Woman quotes.
19. “There should be a little gap between you and your friends, though you’ll miss their companionship and you’ll also miss their disrespect.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
You will also enjoy our article on being single quotes.
20. “Sometimes the tender breeze can help us feel the presence of someone by bringing us their fragrance.” ― Avijeet Das
You will also enjoy our article on being alone quotes.
21. “When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that with this someone awakens.” ― Luigina Sgarro
You will also enjoy our article on walk away quotes.
22. “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” – Lamarti
You will also enjoy our article on wolf quotes.
23. “Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair.” – William Cowper
You will also enjoy our article on memory quotes.
24. “No matter where you go, you will always be in my heart.” – Anthony T. Hincks
You will also enjoy our article on Harry Styles quotes.
25. “It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” – Nikki Schiefelbein
You will also enjoy our article on I’m done quotes.
26. “But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” – Calla Quinn
You will also enjoy our article on feeling lost quotes.
27. “You can love someone so much, but you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” – John Green
You will also enjoy our article on cloud quotes.
28. “I miss you deeply, unfathomably, senselessly, terribly.” – Franz Kafka
You will also enjoy our article on long distance relationship quotes.
29. “You can never love someone as much as you miss them” ― John Green
You will also enjoy our article on rainbow quotes.
30. “If you can’t get someone out of your head, maybe they are supposed to be there.”
Don’t forget to also check out these deep love quotes to best express deep feelings.
I miss you quotes for him or her
According to a research study by Dr. John Gottman, a leading relationship expert, couples who express their longing for one another during times of separation have a significantly higher satisfaction rate in their relationships.
This highlights the value of sharing I miss you quotes with our partners to strengthen emotional bonds.
31. “I miss you like the sun misses the flowers, like the sun misses the flowers in the depths of winter, instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world which your absence has banished me to.” – William in “A Knight’s Tale”
You will also enjoy our article on Lost Boys quotes.
32. “I can’t pretend that I don’t miss you because I see you in everything that I do.”
You will also enjoy our article on home alone quotes.
33. “And they can’t understand, what hurts more—missing the other person, or pretending not to.”- Khadija Rupa
You will also enjoy our article on you make me smile quotes.
34. “When I close my eyes, I see you. When I open my eyes, I miss you.”
You will also enjoy our article on 10 things i hate about you quotes.
35. “Missing someone is your heart’s way of reminding you that you love them.”
You will also enjoy our article on unforgettable memories quotes.
36. “I keep myself busy with the things I do but every time I pause, I still think of you.”
You will also enjoy our article on separation quotes.
37. “I get butterflies just thinking about the next time I’ll see you.”
You will also enjoy our article on pet loss quotes.
38. “I will stop missing you when I am with you.”
39. “I love you past the moon and miss you beyond the stars.” – JmStorm
40. “Of course, I miss you, it’s all I do.”
Beautiful missing someone quotes
41. “Missing someone enlightens how the person means to you and broadens the feelings shared.” – Unarine Ramaru
42. “Even if I spent the whole day with you, I will still miss you the second you leave.”
43. “I miss that feeling of connection.
Knowing he was out there somewhere thinking about me at the same time I was thinking about him.” ― Ranata Suzuki
44. “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.”
45. “When you miss someone….it’s weird…your body doesn’t function normally..as it should. Because I miss you, and my heart…it’s not steady…my soul it sings numb. Fingers are cold…like you…your soul.” – Coco J. Ginger
46. “Plant a good seed in people who have fertile hearts. When you are away, they’ll miss you. When you are coming again, they can’t wait!” – Israelmore Ayivor
47. “Time goes by a lot slower when you miss the one you love.”
48. “Missing someone isn’t about how long since you’ve seen them or the amount of time you’ve talked them. It’s about that very moment when you’re doing something and wishing they were right there with you.”
49. “Missing you could turn from pain to pleasure, if I knew you were missing me too.”
50. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elisabeth Foley
You might also like these helpful death quotes on the ways we grieve.
I miss you quotes to help express your feelings
A study published in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships found that long-distance couples who frequently communicate their emotions, including expressing feelings of missing one another, have a higher likelihood of maintaining a stable and satisfying relationship.
Sharing heartfelt quotes can be an effective way to convey these emotions and maintain a strong connection.
51. “I think part of me doesn’t want to remember him, for fear of missing him too much.” – Francesca Marciano
52. “I heard someone whisper your name, when I turned around to see who it was I found myself alone then I knew, it was my heart missing you.”
53. “Even though we are miles apart, you are still a very important part of who I am.”
54. “I miss you. A little too much, a little too often and a little more every day.”
55. “A hug for you means I need you. A kiss for you means I love you. A call for you means I’m missing you.” – Beth Obedoza
56. “I miss your voice because it is a symphony; your scent because it is a treasure; your smile because it is a jewel; your hug because it is a masterpiece; and your kiss because it is a miracle.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of hug quotes for everyone who needs one.
57. “Listening to your heartbeats I would fall asleep. I miss it now!” ― Avijeet Das
58. “It’s the way I miss you even before you leave.”
59. “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” – Lamartine
60. “Your absence has gone through me Like thread through a needle Everything I do stitched with its color.” – W.S. Merwin
You will also enjoy our article on Taylor Swift quotes.
I miss you and missing him quotes
61. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” – Nicholas Sparks
62. “My eyes await your return. Please come back soon. I miss you baby!”
63. “A key to keeping your husband is getting him to miss you. That keeps a marriage fresh.” – Tori Amos
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of husband quotes to make him feel appreciated.
64. “I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you.”
65. “There is not a single moment in any day that I do not find myself missing you.”
66. “When you are not at hand to kiss away my fears I cannot choose but be wretched.” – Byron Caldwell Smith
67. “The joy of meeting pays the pangs of absence; else who could bear it?” ― Nicholas Rowe
68. “I miss him in so many ways, but right now I miss him in the way you always miss someone when you’re single among a room full of couples.” ― Emily Giffin
69. “Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age.” ― John Dryden
70. “Ever absent, ever near; Still I see thee, still I hear; Yet I cannot reach thee, dear!” ― Francis Kazinczy
Missing you quotes to express how you feel
71. “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.”– Nathanael Richmond
72. “And yet I want to be human; I want to be thinking of him because then I feel he is alive somewhere, if only in my head.”– Sally Green
73. “The worst thing you can do if you miss or need someone is let them know it.” ― Sarah Dessen
74. “Missing someone is a part of loving them. If you’re never apart, you’ll never really know how strong your love is.”– Gustave Flaubert
75. “I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds – but I think of you always in those intervals.”– Salvador Plascencia
76. “Long after I have given up, my heart still searches for you without my permission.”– Rudy Francisco
77. “The heart is as transparent as the depths of the ocean; One can only see until the light is gone.”– Meredith Taylor
78. “And I don’t even like you, but the pain of life without you is biting.” ― Jamie Weise
79. “I just… I just miss him. And hate being so alone. Does he miss me? He must” ― Suzanne Collins
80. “The worst thing you can do if you missing someone or need them is let it hide from them.” ― Pooja
Missing someone quotes to make you feel better
81. “I wonder if that’s just how it feels to miss someone so bad – like being stabbed in the gut a little bit, each time you think of them.”― Kate Ellison
82. “Falling asleep with hopes and wishes that I rarely get to hold in my hand for long…go me. All I’ve got are memories and secrets.”― Alyse M. Gardner
83. “Sometimes, it’s not just about missing someone, it’s wondering if they’re missing you too.” – Unknown
84. “She sits there and feels the loneliness and the lack of him.”― Maggie O’Farrell
85. “Though I never really had you….
… to me you will always be the one that got away.”― Ranata Suzuki
86. “I would remember how I had wanted her and hated her and wished she would leave me alone and never let me go. And I would miss her.”― Amy Harmon
87. “I keep myself busy with the things I do but everytime I pause, I still think of you.”
88. “I remember his eyes. They are just like mine. Every time I look in the mirror I see him. I try not to look at my self too much.”― Ida Løkås
89. “Remembering our loved ones is breathing life into their fading images, that we might once more see their faces and pass along a tearful “I miss you.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
90. “I missed Eve so much I couldn’t be a human anymore and feel the pain that humans feel. I had to be an animal again.”― Garth Stein
91. “When I was young I didn’t understand, but now, I know, how absence can be present, like a damaged nerve, like a dark bird.”― Audrey Niffenegger
92. “Someone asked me if I missed you. I didn’t answer. I just closed my eyes and walked away and whispered ‘so much’.”
93. “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” – Richard Wilbur
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of lonely quotes to help you navigate solitide.
94. “There’s solace in the thought that I will never finish missing her.”― Jim Crace
95. “Can miles truly separate you from friends…. If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
I miss you quotes for when you’re missing a loved one
96. “My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you.” – John Keats
97. “Rise up, wise up, say it loud. Soul, I will not lie to you. I’m all alone. I’m still missing you, missing you, missing you.” – Tegan Quin
98. “I might not always show it or tell you, but I miss you like crazy when you are not here.”
99. “The Best Part Of Missing You Is, “I Recall Every Single Moment Spent With You.” But The Worst Part Is,”I Miss You So Badly.”― Mr. Sid
100. “Missing you is just a part of loving you. If we were never apart, then I would never know how strong my love for you is.”
101. “No, I can’t close my eyes without you in my dreams.”― Luke Bryan
102. “I will only stop missing you when I am with you.”
103. “Missing you is flashes of our past and fantasies of our future with the hard irony of the absence of our present as present occurs.”― Zhi
104. “My mind is still having trouble wrapping itself around the fact that you are gone.” – By Katherine Mullin
105. “When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when I’m falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster.” —Taylor Swift
Thoughtful missing someone quotes
106. “My world is a million shattered pieces put together, glued by my tears, where each piece is nothing but a reflection of YOU.” – Sanhita Baruah
107. “I really do miss you. What can I say, life is so boring without you.”
108. “I’m still missing you. Well I guess that I have, I guess that I have never really had you.”― Tegan Quin
109. “Even though I miss you so much, it comforts me to know that we are at least both under the same sky.”
110. “We’ll meet again, but you’re a lifetime away, and I need you now.”― Karen Quan
111. “I will continue loving and missing you until the end of time.”
112. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we?re in each other?s dreams, we can play together all night.” – Bill Watterson
113. “Missing ‘U’ is my way of Loving ‘U”― Saravana Kumar Murugan
114. “I guess that missing you is just my heart’s way of reminding me how much I love you.”
115. “I miss everything about you, Can’t believe that I still want you and after all the things we’ve been through.”― Colbie Caillat
I miss you quotes that shoot straight to the heart
116. “Missing you gets easier every day because even though it’s one day further from the last time I saw you, it’s one day closer to the next time I will.”
117. “Separation isn’t time or distance. It’s the bridge between us; finer than silk thread, sharper than swords.”― Nazım Hikmet
118. “I felt like I was leaving a piece of my soul behind the moment you left. And every second that passes, I miss you like that, times a million.”― J.A. Huss
119. “I miss you and I want to be with you. It’s as simple, and as complicated as that.” – Charles Bukowski
120. “Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments line up, waiting. Why have you gone where I cannot follow?”― Audrey Niffenegger
121. “Without you, I feel restless like a fish without water. Come back and make me feel alive again.”
122. “Sometimes I miss you so much, it hurts. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart with the strength of the entire world.”― Colleen Hoover
123. “You are my joy, my happiness, my smile, my laughter. Without you, I become pale and withered like a flower without sunlight. Come back and make me bloom again.”
124. “My love, you are my anchor. Without you it feels like I am sinking. Come back to me soon. I can’t bear this feeling for too long.”
125. “I want your sun to reach my raindrops, so your heat can raise my soul upward like a cloud.”– Rumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Rumi quotes from the iconic poet.
Other “I miss you” and missing someone quotes
126. “Thinking of you every; second, minute, hour, day, is medication to my illness of missing you.”
127. “You may not always be here at my side, but you are always right here in my heart. I miss you.”
128. “Missing you is like walking around without my heart. I feel this way because my heart is still with you.”
129. “You don’t have to be a thousand miles from me for me to miss you.”
130. “I fall in love a little more every time I see you and I can’t wait to see you again. I miss you so much!”
131. “I miss you so much that I can’t help but feeling that every song I hear is about you.”
132. “I miss our conversations. I miss how we used to talk every minute of every day and how I was able to tell you everything that was on my mind.”
133. “Missing you is my heart’s way of reminding me that I love you.”
134. “Every song I hear reminds me of how much I miss you and want you by my side.”
135. “You may be out of sight, but you are never out of my mind.”
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of love quotes for him for more inspiration.
Moving I miss you quotes that you can relate too
136. “I only miss you when I’m breathing.” — Jason Derulo
137. “I wish I had done everything on earth with you.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
138. “I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.” — Gemma Troy
139. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” — Virginia Woolf
140. “If you never left again, I would still spend the rest of my life missing you.” — Tessa Bailey
141. “Missing someone, they say, is self-centered. I self-center you more than ever.” ― Saša Stanišić
142. “I miss you every second of every minute, every minute of every hour, every hour of every day.” — Shanece
143. “You realize how much you truly miss someone when something happens, good or bad, and the only person you want to tell is the one person who isn’t there.”
144. “Whenever I miss you, I look at my heart. Because it’s the only place I can find you.”
145. “Missing you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty, and loving you is my life.”
I miss you quotes to share with your loved one
146. “If you cannot hold me in your arms, then hold my memory in high regard.
And if I cannot be in your life, then at least let me live in your heart.” – Ranata Suzuki
147. “how is it that
in my thoughts.
i am not
― Sanober Khan
148. “And you thought saying “I love you” was hard? Try saying “I miss you” once you’ve parted ways.” – Nitya Prakash
149. “All I know is, being away from you……makes it hard to breathe. I miss you so much” – Samantha Towle
150. “Oh my dear! I think about you always and miss you forever.” – Debasish Mridha
151. “I’ll hold you in my heart, till I can hold you in my arms.” – Eddy Arnold
152. “You’re everywhere except right here and it hurts.” – Rupi Kaur
153. “Poets use countless words to describe their pain, but I only need three: I miss you.” – Caroline George
154. “I’ve missed you every single day we weren’t together since the moment I met you.” – Colleen Hoover
155. “Missing you comes in waves, and tonight I’m drowning.” – Chris Young
‘I miss you’ quotes for different situations
156. “My heart is your home, wherever in the world you are – you will always have a place to stay.” — K.A. Hill
157. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.” — Charles M. Schulz
158. “But I must admit, I miss you quite terribly.” — Lemony Snicket, The Beatrice Letters
159. “I think about you constantly, whether it’s with my mind or my heart.” — Terri Guillemets
160. “It’s better for people to miss you than to have seen too much of you.” — Edward Norton
161. “If you want someone to miss you, go secretly and spray your fragrance somewhere.” — Blake Lively
162. “Listen to the sunset; see it’s pretty hue. When you see it, think of me, and I’ll think of you.” ― Oksana Rus
163. “Distance between two people is inconsequential when their souls are united.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
164. “The pain of missing you is a beautiful reminder of the joy of loving you.” — Dean Jackson, The Love in Blue Verses
165. “You’re too far for my hands to hold you, but too near for my heart to love you.” — Laetitia Matilda Hawkins, Heraline
I Miss You quotes to express longing
166. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” — Mahatma Gandhi
168. “I think about you now and then about all the mornings that could have been.” — Atticus
169. “They say that time heals all wounds but all it’s done so far is give me more time to think about how much I miss you.” — Elizabeth Wilder
170. “When I’m with you hours feel like seconds. When we’re apart days feel like years.”
171. “The air I breathe in a room empty of you is unhealthy.” — John Keats
172. “You are worth every mile between us.”
173. “And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” — Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
174. “I have late night conversations with the moon, he tells me about the sun and I tell him about you.” — S.L. Gray, Skin, Bones and Too Much Love
175. “The distance may be far and wide, but my heart can cover them all. The space between us is so much more but you should know that I love you so!” – Linda Roy
I miss you quotes for when you’re lonely
176. “That’s the worst way to miss somebody. When they’re right beside you and you miss them anyway.” – Pittacus Lore
177. “Think I’ll miss you forever. Like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky.” —Lana Del Rey
178. “In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” —Hans Nouwens
179. “If you think missing me is hard, then you should try missing you.” —Theofilos
180. “You never really stop missing someone —you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.” —Alyson Noel
181. “I miss you a little. A little too much, a little too often, and a little bit more every day.” —John Michael Montgomery
182. “Distance means so little when someone means so much.” –Tom McNeal
183. “It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much.”
184. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — A.A. Milne
185. “In French, you don’t really say “I miss you”, you say “Tu me manques” which means “You are missing from me.”
Deeply heartfelt I miss you quotes
186. “Growth in love comes from a place of absence, where the imagination is left to it’s own devices and creates you to be much more then reality would ever allow.” – Jamie Weise
187. “Our plans for the future made us laugh and feel close, but those same plans somehow made anything more than temporary between us seem impossible. It was the first time I’d ever had the feeling of missing someone I was still with.” – Stuart Dybek
188. “It’s strange how many ways there are to miss someone. You miss the things they did and who they were, but you also miss who you were to them. The way everything you said and did was beautiful or entertaining or important. How much you mattered.” – Robin Roe
189. “And I think missing you hurts the most when something funny happens. Because in that one moment I find myself laughing, and within the next second I want to tell or text you what happened. And then it hits me again, every single time, that you aren’t there anymore. That I lost that one thing that mattered to me.” – Elisabeth Van den Abeele
190. “I thought I was over him! So why did my heart still rip? Why did I still feel this sorrow?” -Susan E. Isaacs
191. “Years from now I’ll still remember how your name tasted in my mouth and I’ll have to start missing you all over again.” – Azra.T
192. “She’d missed the way he walked, the way he shoved his hands into his pockets when he was nervous, the way his dark hair fell into his mismatched eyes. The way a smile would flicker across his face before he committed to it, the way he looked at her like she was the only person in the world.” – Kate Lattey
193. “She affected me, even when she was absent.” — Shannon A. Thompson
194. “Half of me is missing … and the other half is missing you.” – Ranata Suzuki
195. “If I miss you any harder, my heart might come looking for you.” – Gemma Troy
I miss you quotes for romantic relationships
196. “The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence.” — Edward Thomas
197. “When your absence is felt, your presence is the essence and it makes a difference.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
198. “I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him.” – Jodi Picoult
199. “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” – Donna Lynn Hope
200. “Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.” – Cheryl Ott
201. “While I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.” – Nicholas Sparks
202. “When something is missing in your life, it usually turns out to be someone.” – Robert Brault
203. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
204. “It’s been a year and 3 months since we’ve kissed, and I rather have the ghost of his mouth on my lips than kiss anyone else.” – Alisha Khan
205. “That is when time stands still – when you watch the one you love, walk away.” – Mallika Nawal
I Miss You Quotes To Make You Want To Be With Him or Her
206. “My heart wont let you go, and I need you to know, I miss you.” ― Miley Cyrus
207. “Ok, look. I’m honest. Girl I can’t lie I miss you. You and the music were the only things that I’d commit to.” ― Drake
208. “When I miss you, sometimes I listen to music or look at pictures of you, not to remind me of you but to make me feel as if I’m with you. It makes me forget the distance and capture you.” ― LeBron James
209. “The scariest thing about distance is that you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.” ― Nicholas Sparks
210. “I miss you more than the sun misses the sky at night.” ― Taylor Swift
211. “I think of you with every waking moment of my life and dream of you with every dream that I have; I miss you.” — Kong Muoa
212. “Think I’ll miss you forever. Like the stars miss the sun in the mornin’ sky.” — Lana Del Rey
213. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever.” ― Alfred Lord Tennyson
214. “It’s true we don’t know what we’ve got until its gone, but we don’t know what we’ve been missing until it arrives. Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, Pain of love lasts a lifetime.” ― Bette Davis
215. “I just hope that you miss me a little when I’m gone.” ― Drake
I Miss You Quotes for Him Long Distance
216. “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).” — E.E. Cummings
217. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
218. “I exist in two places, here and where you are.” — Margaret Atwood
219. “Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.” – Doug Fetherling
220. “My dear, I think of you always and at night I build myself a warm nest of things I remember and float in your sweetness till morning.” — Zelda Fitzgerald
221. “Close together or far apart; you’re forever in my heart.” – Harry Styles
222. “No matter where I am, no matter where I go, your heart is my northern light, I will always find my way home.” — Michael Kilby
223. “If need be, you can live in my heart…rent free…all utilities included.” – Grace Nagar
224. “My heart is your home, wherever in the world you are – you will always have a place to stay.” — K.A. Hill
225. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
I Miss You Quotes For When You Long To See Someone You Love
226. “I miss everything about him. I miss the talks that we used to have. I miss his friendship, his smile, and his kindness. But most of all, I miss his love.” — Annette Evans
227. “A single person is missing for you, and the whole world is empty.” — Joan Didion
228. “The thing is that you brought this out in me. How could I want it with anyone else?” — JmStorm
229. “I am continually thinking about you, and I miss you very much. Oh, when shall we meet again?” — Blanche Remington Eby
230. “Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches.” — Miguel de Cervantes
231. “My dearest friend / Where have you been / I miss you very dearly / You always been / That very near and special friend.” — Derek A. Chandler
232. “Every day there will be a mixture of happy miss-you feelings, and I’m proud to say that.” — Helen White Wolf
233. “Perhaps one day we will meet again as characters in a different story, maybe we’ll share a lifetime then.” — Pavana
234. “For when the cold wind blows, I will close my eyes calmly, knowing I am anchored to you.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
235. “I miss you badly. I miss you crazily. Whoever I’m with, whatever I do, no matter where I am, I am thinking of you.” — Helen Exley
I Miss You Quotes For Someone You Love
236. “Days of absence, sad and dreary, Clothed in sorrow’sÂ darkÂ array, â€“ Days of absence, I am weary; She I love is far away.” ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau
237. “When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I’m like a star; sometimes you can’t see me, but I’m always there.” ― Jayde
238. “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” ― Henry David Thoreau
239. “Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven.” ― Tryon Edwards
240. “Oft in the tranquil hour of night, When stars illume the sky, I gaze upon each orb of light, And wish that you were by.” ― George Linley
241. “It is loneliness that makes the loudest noise. This is true of men as of dogs.” ― Eric Hoffer
242. “Life is so short, so fast the lone hours fly, We ought to be together, you and I.” ― Henry Alford
243. “You left, and my heart is a ceaseless sermon of loneliness.” ― Jaesse Tyler
244. “Another day, another pang that you are afar.” ― Byron Caldwell Smith
245. “Missing you is a very small word, the extent of which is felt when the winds strike my door and i feel you passing by.” ― Lits
I Miss You Quotes on The Echoes of Love
246. “I miss you like the sun misses the sky at night.” ― Taylor Swift
247. “I miss you like a child misses their mother.” ― Maya Angelou
248. “I miss you like a bird misses the sky.” ― Rupi Kaur
249. “I miss you as much as a fish misses water.” ― Drake
250. “I miss you like an idiot misses the point.” ― Oscar Wilde
251. “I miss you as much as a drowning man misses air.” ― William Shakespeare
252. “I miss you like a heart misses a beat.” ― Ed Sheeran
253. “I miss you like an adventurer misses the open road.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
254. “I miss you like the desert misses the rain.” ― Christina Perri
255. “I miss you more than words can say.” ― Louis Tomlinson
Which of these I miss you quotes was your favorite?
Having someone special that you miss in your life can make you feel lonely and sorrowful.
Sometimes the feeling is unbearable and can make you feel empty.
Hopefully, these I miss you quotes have inspired you to reflect positively on the memories and move forward stronger.
Did you enjoy these missing someone quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.