These Nacho Libre quotes take moments from the movie and make them memorable.
The movie Nacho Libre came out in 2006 and immediately became a comedy classic of the early 2000s.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to Box Office Mojo, Nacho Libre grossed over $99 million worldwide, making it a commercial success for the production company.
The box office earnings indicate the film’s popularity, and mainly the Nacho Libre quotes appeal to a broad audience, making the movie their favorite.
What does Nacho Libre teach us about life and caring for others?
Nacho Libre follows the story of Ignacio, who works at a monastery and aspires to be a professional wrestler.
He works at an orphanage and wrestles to help support the needy children, disguising his identity while he does so, since wrestling is a sin at the monastery.
This movie shows that sometimes you have to go against what you’re told to do the right thing.
Through hilarity and ridiculous events, Nacho Libre actually has some smart things to say about life, love, and sense of self.
The sports comedy-drama film is directed by Jared Hess and stars Jack Black as Ignacio. It was produced by Black, Mike White, David Klawans, and Julia Pistor.
It received mixed reviews from critics and grossed $99.3 million worldwide on a $35 million production budget.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and funny Nacho Libre quotes.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Nacho Libre Quotes that Observe Life
Rotten Tomatoes reports that 51% of critics gave the movie a positive review, while 73% of audiences enjoyed it.
This indicates the movie’s dedicated fan base enjoys Nacho Libre quotes and would be interested in sharing related content.
1. “They may have the appearance of riches, but beneath the clothes, we find a man. And beneath the man, we find, his… nucleus.” – Nacho Libre
You will also enjoy our article on harry potter quotes.
2. “Don’t you want a little taste of the glory? See what it tastes like?” – Nacho Libre
You will also enjoy our article on what men want.
3. “Be grateful, Juan Pablo. Today is especially delicious.” – Nacho Libre
You will also enjoy our article on wrestling quotes.
4. “Wrestling is ungodly, Ignacio. People cheer for him… and he is a false idol.” – Nacho Libre
You will also enjoy our article on Lil Wayne quotes.
5. “I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice pile-drive to the face; or a punch to the face; but you cannot do it because it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbor.” – Nacho Libre
You will also enjoy our article on grey quotes.
6. “Everyone is dancing at the party, but Ramses is not dancing at the party!” – Nacho Libre
You will also enjoy our article on Grey’s Anatomy quotes.
7. “Take it easy.” – Nacho Libre
8. “Those men fight for vanity, for money, for false pride.” – Nacho Libre
9. “If you fight for something noble, or for someone who needs your help, only then will God bless you in battle.” – Nacho Libre
Nacho Libre Quotes About Self Awareness
A survey conducted by the comedy streaming platform Laughly found that Nacho Libre was one of the top 10 most frequently quoted films among their user base.
The film’s unique blend of humor, heart and oddball characters, together with Nacho Libre quotes, has made it a perennial favorite among comedy fans.
10. “Oh, you messed with the wrong guy this time!” – Nacho Libre
11. “My favorite color is light tan. My favorite animal is puppies. I like serving the Lord. Hiking, playing volleyball…” – Nacho Libre
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of volleyball quotes celebrating the international sport.
12. “Me? No. Come on. Don’t be crazy. I know the wrestlers get all the fancy ladies, and the clothes, and the free creams and lotions. But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning at 5am and make some soup! It’s the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! That’s fantastic! Go. Go away! Read some books.” – Nacho Libre
13. “I am the gatekeeper of my own destiny and I will have my glory day in the hot sun.” – Nacho Libre
14. “Precious Father, why have you given me this desire to wrestle and then made me such a stinky warrior?” – Nacho Libre
15. “Chancho, when you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room.” – Nacho Libre
16. “It sucks to be me right now!” – Nacho Libre
17. “I don’t want to get paid to lose. I wanna win!” – Nacho Libre
18. “I’m not listening to you! You only believe in Science. That’s probably why we never win.” – Nacho Libre
19. “I’m a little concerned right now. About your salvation and stuff. How come you have not been baptized?” – Nacho Libre
20. “I looked like a fool last night. What took you so long?” – Nacho Libre
21. “I need professional help. I need Ramses! He’s the best. I must learn his ways!” – Nacho Libre
22. “I don’t believe in God, I believe in science.” – Nacho Libre
23. “‘How did you find me in the wilderness?’ ‘I saw you from the village.’” – Nacho Libre
Also check out these Little Prince quotes about life.
Nacho Libre Quotes About Love and Relationships
Nacho Libre was released in over 3,000 theaters in the United States, indicating a strong marketing and distribution effort by the filmmakers.
This statistic underscores the film’s widespread release and marketing, contributing to its financial success.
24. “You gotta be kidding me. Everything you just said, is MY favorite thing to do, every day!” – Nacho Libre
25. “Hey! Can’t you see this woman’s a nun? And if you have a problem with that, then you can just fight me.” – Nacho Libre
What did you learn from these Nacho Libre quotes?
Nacho Libre is the story of a man who wants nothing more than to help the children in need that he works with on a daily basis.
Nacho Libre quotes take moments from the movie and help us to understand the underlying wisdom in this 2006 comedy.
Through religion, love, and perseverance, Ignacio experiences actually getting to make a difference in this world.
What can viewers take away from Nacho Libre?
Underneath the ridiculous comedy of the film, Nacho Libre actually has a lot to say about the realities of life, as well as what it means to do good, against what you’ve been taught.
There is more to this movie than the laughs, just as there is more to life than what you grew up believing.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Nacho Libre quotes and lines?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.