These mother and son quotes will help you celebrate their special bond.
Mothers play a critical role in the life of their sons.
Let us know which of these mother and son quotes resonates with you the most in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the University of Essex, boys who have close relationships with their mothers tend to have fewer behavioral problems and better mental health outcomes in adulthood.
This highlights the importance of a strong mother-son bond and encourages readers to read and share mother and son quotes that celebrate this relationship.
What are the benefits of reading these mother and son quotes?
There is a deep connection between a mother and son that starts from the time a woman gives birth to her son.
These mother and son quotes will help you:
- Express your feelings about the relationship with your mother or son
- Understand the bond between mothers and sons
- Come up with the perfect words to write in a Mother’s Day card
Although fathers also play an important role in the life of their sons, the bond between mother and son is simply special.
A mother is the first person who truly understands and knows everything about her son since he has been inside her for nine months.
Mothers play various roles in the life of their sons.
A mother is her son’s best friend, protector, and hope, a source of encouragement, and most of all, a mother is an adviser to her son.
While fathers are teachers, mothers are advisers.
Celebrate the love you have for one another
It is because of these special roles of a mother to her son that the bond between mother and son needs to be celebrated.
Below you will find our collection of inspirational and wise mother and son quotes, mother and son proverbs, and mother and son sayings collected over the years from various sources.
Remember also to check out our selection of inspirational children quotes that will teach them to fly and soar into the adult.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Mother and Son Quotes Praising Their Bond
A study by Brigham Young University found that sons who have positive relationships with their mothers are more likely to have high levels of empathy and emotional intelligence.
Reading and sharing mother and son quotes can encourage and foster these positive traits in sons.
1. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” ― Erich Fromm
You will also enjoy our article on firstborn quotes.
2. “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” – Irish Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on mother daughter quotes.
3. “Mothers are inscrutable beings to their sons, always.” – A.E. Coppard
You will also enjoy our article on tough love quotes.
4. “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.” – Sophocles
You will also enjoy our article on mothers day quotes.
5. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” ― Abraham Lincoln
You will also enjoy our article on missing mom quotes.
6. “You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I can ever be. I had a mother who read to me.” ― Strickland Gillilan
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by mother teresa.
7. “Mother is her son’s first god. She must teach him the most important lesson of all – how to love.” – T. F. Hodge
You will also enjoy our article on stay at home mom quotes.
8. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” ― Victor Hugo
You will also enjoy our article on mama bear quotes.
9. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” – Michael Jordan
You will also enjoy our article on baby shower quotes.
10. “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.” – Henry Ward Beecher
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational father son quotes.
Mother and son quotes to celebrate their bond
Research by the University of Pennsylvania suggests that sons who have supportive mothers are more likely to pursue higher education and attain higher levels of achievement in their careers.
This underscores the critical role that mothers play in shaping the future success of their sons, and highlights the importance of celebrating and cherishing this special bond through mother and son quotes.
11. “If a man has been his mother’s undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it.” ― Sigmund Freud
12. “A mother understands what a child does not say.” – Jewish Proverb
13. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us.” ― Washington Irving
14. “Let France have good mothers, and she will have good sons.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
15. “My mom was the person that I most looked up to for her point of view, her humor.” – Ben Stiller
16. “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” – Joseph Stefano
17. “Ain’t a woman alive who could take my mama’s place.” –Tupac
18. “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.” – Oscar Wilde
19. “A child’s first teacher is its mother.” – Peng Liyuan
20. “Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.” – Louisa May Alcott
Mother and son quotes to celebrate this special relationship
According to a study published in the Journal of Family Issues, positive mother-child relationships can lead to better mental health outcomes for children later in life.
This supports the idea that reading mother-son quotes can help celebrate and strengthen their bond.
21. “Men are what their mothers made them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Son, you remind me how so much depends on days made of now.” – Alison McGhee
23. “And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself.” – Shel Silverstein
24. “I want my son to have a choice to contribute fully in the workforce or at home.” – Sheryl Sandberg
25. “A mother has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
26. “Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother.” —Moroccan Proverb
27. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana
28. “To wake up to the sound of my son saying ‘Mama, mama!’ It’s the best sound ever.” – Miranda Kerr
29. “A boy needs his mother’s respect. Not only her love but also her respect.” — Emerson Eggerichs
30. “There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between the mother and a son.”
Also, check out our list of insightful motherhood quotes to remind you of what mothers mean to us.
Inspirational mother and son quotes
A survey by the Pew Research Center found that mothers are more likely than fathers to say that parenting is extremely important to their identity.
This emphasizes the unique bond between a mother and her child.
31. “A mother’s love doesn’t make her son more dependent and timid; it actually makes him stronger and more independent.” – Cheri Fuller
32. “We almost lost my mom to cancer 10 years ago — she survived. Every day we’re a grateful family to have her and all our loved ones around us.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
33. “[My mom]’s a cool chick. We can hang, and she can roll with the punches.” – Bradley Cooper
34. “My mother never gave up on me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back.”- Denzel Washington
35. “Mothers yielding Bibles, contemplating smearing the blood of lamb chops over her doorway. Anything to keep her son alive another day. ― Antonia Perdu
36. “Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am. Undoubtedly, there are other routes to learning the wishes and dreams of the presumably opposite sex, but I know of none more direct, or more highly motivating, than being the mother of sons.” – Mary Kay Blakely
37. “So there’s this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me ‘mom’.”
38. “Every mother hopes that her daughter will marry a better man than she did, and is convinced that her son will never find a wife as good as his father did.” – Martin Andersen Nexo
39. “Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.” ― Pearl S. Buck
40. “When I was a child, my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.’ Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.” – Pablo Picasso
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of parents quotes about family and support.
Mother and son quotes to inspire you
Research published in the Journal of Marriage and Family found that mothers who have warm, supportive relationships with their sons are more likely to have adult sons who are emotionally expressive and exhibit positive mental health outcomes.
This highlights the long-term benefits of fostering a strong mother-son bond.
41. “I believe in you, my son. I believe that you’ll be the luckiest person in this world because I have worked my whole life in bringing the best out of you. I love you with all my heart!”
42. “Even more than the time when she gave birth, a mother feels her greatest joy when she hears others refer to her son as a wise learned one.” – Thiruvalluvar
43. “I wouldn’t be doing any of this if it weren’t for her, both my parents. She supported this little kid who said, ‘I want to be an actor,’ at 12 years old, which is ridiculous, and she drove me to all these auditions … She’s the only reason I’m able to do what I do.”- Leonardo DiCaprio
44. “Having a child makes you realize the importance of life, narcissism goes out the window. Heaven on earth is looking at my little boy. The minute he was born, I knew if I never did anything other than being a mom, I’d be fine.” – Jenny McCarthy
45. “That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.” – Lauryn Hill
46. “You are ugly when you love her, you are beautiful and fresh, vital and free, modern and poetic. When you don’t, you are more beautiful as an orphan than as your mother’s son.” – Witold Gombrowicz
47. “Being a mother to a little boy and helping him discover the world is one of the greatest experiences in a woman’s life, which makes objective goals dull in comparison. The connection between a mother and her son opens the gate to a new world of wonder and love.”
48. “My mother was the most highly disciplined and hardest working person I have ever known, and this, combined with her love and gentleness, enabled her to make a success of each of her children.” – Arthur Lewis
Don’t also forget to check out these special granddaughter quotes that will warm your heart.
49. “No mother wants to hear her son say he’s gay. Those two words rip the picture of a daughter-in-law and grandchildren into pieces. I felt sorry for my mom and wanted her to know everything was going to be alright. But then she said, ‘I don’t really care, Johnny, as long as I know that you are going to be happy.” – Johnny Weir
50. “The best love in the world is the love of a man. The love of a man who came from your womb, the love of your son!” – C. JoyBell C
Beautiful mother and son quotes
According to research by the University of Notre Dame, adult men who have a positive relationship with their mothers are more likely to be emotionally expressive, have better relationships with their partners, and report higher levels of life satisfaction.
This statistic highlights the long-lasting impact that a strong mother-son bond can have on a man’s life and well-being.
51. “There will be many times you will feel like you have failed. But in the eyes, heart and mind of your child, you are supermom.” – Stephanie Precourt
52. “A man never sees all that his mother has been to him until it’s too late to let her know that he sees it.” – W. D. Howells
53. “Moms are as relentless as the tides. They don’t just drive us to practice, they drive us to greatness.” – Steve Rushin
54. “When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.” — The Talmud
55. “Every man looks for a girlfriend that has his mother’s qualities.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of girlfriend quotes every guy should read.
56. “If you try singling me out to my mother, she’ll be down your throat. She has three sons, and she’s equally proud of us all.” – Lee Pearson
57. “It takes one woman twenty years to make a man of her son – and another woman twenty minutes to make a fool of him.” – Helen Rowland
58. “My mother carried me for ten months. I asked her ‘Mother, you had an extra month, why you didn’t make me a beautiful face?’ and mother told me, ‘My son, I was busy making your beautiful hands and heart.’” – Mstislav Rostropovich
59. “Most young men are such bores. They haven’t lived long enough to learn that they are not the wonders to the world they are to their mothers.” ― L.M. Montgomery
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Mother’s Day quotes that help us celebrate moms all around the world.
60. “My mother is the reason that I love you,’ Bhim said simply. ‘She is the reason I know what love is.” ― Leah Franqui
Inspirational mother and son quotes and sayings
In a survey by YouGov, 64% of respondents said that their mother was the most influential person in their life.
This statistic emphasizes the profound impact that a mother can have on her son’s life and underscores the importance of celebrating and cherishing that relationship.
61. “I listen to my mother, and that keeps me out of trouble. I’m a good son.” – Mr. T
62. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
63. “Sons worship their mothers, seeing them as flawless, almighty beings who spread love and who are able to do anything.”
64. “Even more, than the time when she gave birth, a mother feels her greatest joy when she hears others refer to her son as a wise learned one.” –Thiruvalluvar
65. “I never thought I would say this but raising a daughter is different than raising a son. But the one thing that is not different is my love for each of them.” – Catherine Pulsifer
66. “Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes, and realize I’ve already created one.”
67. “My mother is not a CIA agent, but she’s an Italian mother, and she’d do anything for her son.” – Adriano Giannini
68. “I cannot be more grateful for the things that I have because I love my son and I have him.”
69. “I know you have your own life, his mother said to his voicemail. I was just hoping to be part of it for a few hours.” – Maggie Stiefvater
70. “You will be his first his, his first love, his first friend. You’re his momma and he is your whole world. He is your little boy.”
71. “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” – Shannon L. Alder
72. “To my son, never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the man I know you can be.”
73. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
74. “The bond between mother and son lasts a lifetime. The bond between mother and son is a special one. It remains unchanged by time or distance.”
75. “Mother gives her hand to a son only for a while, and she presents him her heart for life.”
You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.
Mother son quotes celebrating a unique relationship
A study by the University of Essex found that boys who have a close relationship with their mothers are less likely to exhibit behavioral problems or engage in delinquent behavior.
This statistic highlights the protective role that the mother-son bond can play in a son’s life.
76. “To a mother, a son is never a fully grown man; and a son is never a fully grown man until he understands and accepts this about his mother.”
77. “No matter your age, you always need your mom.”
78. “Of course, my son has been the center of my life and will always be the center of my love. When he was young, I was The Rock in his life. Now that I am old, he is the rock in my life.” – Hyacinth Mottley
79. “Be strong out there, my son. Look for the love and kindness in others. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes, and enjoy the journey.” – Kirsten Wreggitt
80. “You are my Son shine.”
81. “There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” – Washington Irving
82. “Regardless of the situation you and your son find yourselves in, you, the parent, can always change how you respond to your teen.” – Kevin Fall
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of teen quotes to help you along the way.
83. “Yet now in my arms I was holding a helpless baby boy who would grow into a man. . . . . I cannot imagine that soft little face one day having whiskers.” – Rhonda Stoppe
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of baby boy quotes for expecting moms and dads.
84. “When you were a toddler you made me smile.
When you were a teenage you made me worry.
But now you are a man and my son, I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments!” – Catherine Pulsifer
85. “Our sons grow and change, sometimes before our eyes, and we can barely keep up with their active, inquisitive natures.” – Dr. Gregory L. Jantz
86. “But boys are different from girls and not just physically. Acknowledging, appreciating, and understanding that boys are boys is essential in raising a son.” – Catherine Musco Garcia-Prats
Mother and son quotes to appreciate a special bond
87. “I love my son more than anything. I will do whatever it takes to make sure he is raised the right way.”
88. “A man’s desire for a son is usually nothing but the wish to duplicate himself in order that such a remarkable pattern may not be lost to the world.” – Helen Rowland
89. “I want you to know that you can be anyone that you want to be. The world is your stage, and you have the whole world right in front of you. All you need to do is take that chance. Love you, son.”
90. “Only one woman is able to love a man more than she loves herself. It`s his mother.”
91. “At first blush, everyone thinks the most important relationships in the family are the father-son and mother-daughter relationships. But they’re wrong. The cross-gender relationships are most critical.” – Dr. Kevin Leman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of father daughter quotes about their unbreakable bond.
92. “When you teach your son, you teach your son’s son.” – The Talmud
93. “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” – Wally Schirra
94. “It was vitally important to me over the years of my son’s development that I modeled the behavior that I wanted him to adopt. You see, as a parent or as parents, we all have a tremendous responsibility that should not be taken lightly.” – Catherine Pulsifer
95. “The moment that little bundle of pink, squirming flesh slips into our arms, love touches us. We feel it, not just in our hearts, but also on our skin. He is there. Our son.” – Meg Meeker Md
Heartwarming mother and son quotes
96. “Bringing up a daughter, a mother pours a part of her soul. Bringing up a son, she gives him her whole soul.”
97. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” ― Abraham Lincoln
98. “You may take offense at your mother. But always remember: your mother is the only woman who will love you in spite all your disadvantages.”
99. “Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free.” – C.J. Milbrandt
100. “A dad for his son is always caring, while mommy is always loving.”
101. “More than mother and son, they were accomplices in solitude.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
102. “Sometimes a mother wonders if her son could have a better mother, but she knows for sure that she knows that there doesn’t exist a better son.”
103. “Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.” – Kahlil Gibran
104. “Every mother wants her son to find a wife just like her. She is sure that no woman can take care of her little boy.”
105. “You’ve been a blessing from the start, I love you son with all my heart.”
Mother and son quotes that will make you smile
106. “A mother is the only woman who is able to understand your tears without judging you.”
107. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
108. “A son is the only man who can complete his mother’s womanhood.”
109. “A mother’s love endures through all.” – Washington Irving
110. “It doesn’t matter what problems follow a man; he always knows that he is the best for his mother.”
111. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness.” – Jessica Lange
112. “A good mother knows if her son becomes a soldier, he will be a general.”
113. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.”— Rudyard Kipling
114. “It doesn’t matter how old a son is. Even when he is big and strong he is always a small boy for his mother.”
115. “The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Mother and son quotes that will warm your heart
116. “No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.” – Godfrey Winn
117. “Mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.”
118. “Son, you will outgrow my lap but never my heart.”
119. “Your son will hold your hand for only a little while but he will hold your heart for a lifetime.”
120. “His little hands stole my heart, and his little feet ran away with it.”
121. “My son makes me smile when he stands up for what he believes in, even if it’s his right to have a second portion of dessert.”
122. “Giving your son a skill is better than giving him one thousand pieces of gold.”
123. “I have a son, who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving and strong and kind.” – Maya Angelou
124. “No matter how strong, independent, or ‘man’ you are, the first thing that comes to your mind when you’re sick is, ‘I wish Mom was here.’”
125. “To have a son means to have a protector, a buddy, a support system, and to live out one of life’s greatest adventures!”
Special mother and son quotes
126. “There’s no doubt a mother’s love to her son is one of the best things in the world.”
127. “As the mother of a son, I do not accept that alienation from me is necessary for his discovery of himself.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
128. “The life of a mother doubles after she bears a son. His upbringing becomes her top priority, and everything that her son do will always make her proud no matter what.”
129. “If you would have your son to walk honorably through the world, you must not attempt to clear the stones from his path, but teach him to walk firmly over them – not insist upon leading him by the hand, but let him learn to go alone.” – Anne Bronte
130. “Life has many uncertainties, but what’s certain is a mother’s love for her son.”
131. “I want my son to become aware that he is in charge of the choices he makes, and it’s good to make thoughtful, good choices.” – Karen Salmansohn
132. “Behind every successful man, is a mother who never stops supporting him to reach his dreams.”
133. “There is no greater privilege in living than bringing a tiny new human being into the world and then trying to raise him or her properly during the next eighteen years.” – James C. Dobson
134. “When I was in great sadness from life’s hardships, all I needed to see was my son’s smile. Caring for him as my daily routine has helped me become a happy person and mother. My son is my hero.”
135. “One of the greatest gifts you can give your teenage boy is the gift of letting him know you get it. You’ve been there.” – Sebastian R. Jones
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
Mother and son quotes to express love
136. “Nothing makes a deeper impression on a boy than seeing his strong mother suddenly girlish and hurt.”― Stefan Hertmans
137. “Little boy, you remind me how much depends on days made of now.” – Alison McGhee
138. “I spent a lifetime being small for those closest to me but this is not the woman my son will know.”― Jewel, Never Broken: Songs Are Only Half the Story
139. “Heaven on Earth is looking at my boy.” – Jenny McCarthy
140. “A boy who cares too little about the future and frets too much about the past: nothing could depress a mother more.”― Fredrik Backman
141. “The day you came into my life, I knew what my purpose was. To love and protect with everything I have.”
142. “I adore his smile, I cherish his hugs, I admire his heart. But most of all I love that he is my son.”
143. “Little boys can test your patience, run you ragged, and make you want to pull your hair out. But they will also melt your heart with just one look, and make you wonder how you ever existed before them.” – Katie Bingham Smith
144. “A mother is always proud of her son, not because he has achieved something, but because he is her son.”
145. “I have a son who is my heart. A wonderful young man, darling and loving and strong and kind.” – Maya Angelou
Mother and son quotes about profound their love
146. “I didn’t know my purpose in this world and I had always wondered why I was born until you were born to me. I love you, son.”
147. “How beautifully everything is arranged by Nature; as soon as a child enters the world, it finds a mother ready to take care of it.” – Jules Michelet
148. “I will always be your number one supporter for I care for you the most in this life of ours.”
149. “My daughter and two sons are the flowers in my heart and garden.” –
150. “Moms are people who know us the best and love us the most.”
151. “Maybe your mother isn’t able to give you everything you want. But she is able to give you even more– her love.”
152. “A woman is not able to re-educate any man. But she is able to bring up her son to be a real man.”
153. “Sometimes a mother can think that her son could get a better mommy. But she knows for sure that she knows that there doesn`t exist a better son.”
154. “If you want to remember your childhood, don`t forget that it was your mother, who gave it to you.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Childhood quotes to connect with your inner child.
155. “There is an endearing tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” – Washington Irving
Mother and son quotes that will make your day
156. “I’m really happy to be a mom, and I’m proud of the phase I’m in.” – Liz Phair
157. “Being a mother is the role I’m most proud of.” – Arianna Huffington
158. “My mom tells me every single day that she’s proud of me.” – Don Lemon
159. “I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.” – Princess Diana
160. “You count the hours you could have spent with your mother. It’s a lifetime in itself.” – Mitch Albom
161. “Heaven on Earth is looking at my boy.” – Jenny McCarthy
162. “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” – Mildred B. Vermont
163. “My son is my baby, today, tomorrow, and always. You hurt him, I will hurt you. I don’t care if he’s 1 day or 50 years old, I will defend and protect him all of my life!”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of baby quotes that new parents can relate to.
164. “An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.” – Spanish Proverb
165. “I adore his smile, I cherish his hugs, I admire his heart but most of all… I love that he is my son.”
Mother and son quotes that will brighten your day
166. “I’m thankful for my son’s laughter. It’s the sound of all that’s right in the world.”
167. “His little hands stole my heart and his little feet ran away with it.”
168. “A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
169. “My son is super awesome and I am the lucky one because I get to be his mother.”
170. “As a general thing, when a woman wears pants in a family, she has a good right to them.” – Josh Billings
171. “A son is a mother’s most precious treasure.”
172. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” – Cheryl Lacey Donovan
173. “You’re not just my son. You are my reason for living, the love of my life, and the king of my heart. I love you, my dearest son!”
174. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” – Dorothy Canfield Fisher
175. “The only man who has stolen my heart is my son.”– Sandra Bullock
Mother and son quotes to express unconditional love
176. “Raising a boy is so different from raising someone of her own gender, but a mother did it anyway, and she did it well.”
177. “My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.” – Jack Nicholson
178. “Mothers, be thankful for raising sons who can appreciate the way you love and care for them!”
179. “I always was a weird child. My mother told me the story that, in kindergarten, I would come home and tell her about this weird kid in my class who drew only with black crayons and didn’t speak to other kids. I talked about it so much that my mother brought it up with the teacher, who said, ‘What? That’s your son?’” – John Waters
180. “A mother hopes that her son will find a wife that will love and respect him in the same way she does.”
181. “My mother told me, ‘Son, nobody else but God knows.’ And that’s what I’m about, reaching out to the people, crying with them, giving them hope. Visiting the hospital, visiting the kids with cancer, visiting the adults, and stuff like that. That’s what I do.” – Mr. T
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fighting cancer quotes about the battle of a lifetime.
182. “Good mothers that it takes a sense of freedom and patience to raise their sons into fantastic men to be proud of!”
183. “A son will search for the ultimate love his entire love, but will finally realize it was within his mother all along.”
184. “There is no bigger pride for a mother than knowing she raised an independent, happy and strong son, ready to conquer the world.”
185. “A baby boy will forever change the way his mother looks at the world, and for that she’ll love him and thank him forever.”
Be sure to also check out these queen quotes celebrating the women in your life.
More mother and son quotes and sayings
186. “It’s a bond stronger than anything else – a son caring for his mother, and a mother loving her son in return!”
187. “When Jack Burns needed to hold his mother’s hand, his fingers could see in the dark.” – John Irving
188. “From the day her son is born, a mother will make sure to become his biggest love, shelter and support system.”
189. “I’m a mother of a three year old, but when I started ‘California,’ my son wasn’t even a twinkle in my eye. Because the book took as long as it did, I wrote it before I was pregnant, while I was pregnant, and as a new mother. So I enjoyed a diversity of experiences while creating this world.” – Edan Lepucki
190. “If you want to understand the purest love of all, have a look at the way a mother loves her son!” –
191. “Put something on, “she hissed.”I’m not some high school cheerleader you can intimidate or make me squirm by showing your penis. I’ve seen it before. I was the one who changed your diapers.”– Tijan
192. “Mothers will experience life and a new level of happiness through the eyes of her son!”
193. “A mother can do her son a big favour by simply loving him, standing by his side and having his back in everything he does.”
194. “No one will ever love a son more profoundly and more sincerely than his own mother!”
195. “Divine love is rare to find, and the perfect example of it can be found in the way a mother loves her son.”
196. “I love the little boy you are now and the man you will become.”
197. “My son is my son till he have got him a wife, But my daughter’s my daughter all the days of her life.” – Thomas Fuller
198. “No matter how many Legos I step on, I’m always so grateful to be your mom.”
199. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this Earth.” – Mitch Albom
200. “There is one man I love more than any other; he is my son.”
Mother Son quotes that honor their relationship
201. “Grateful, grateful, grateful. That’s the role of mothers.” – Fredrik Backman
202. “God gifted me with Loving, Caring, Prayerful and Selfless Momma.” – David Shamala
203. “There ought to be a hall of fame for mamas
Creation’s most unique and precious pearls
And heaven help us always to remember
That the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.” – Glen Campbell & Steve Wariner
204. “If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” – Stevie Wonder
205. “I do what I want, when I want, where I want…if my mom says it’s ok.”
206. “The most important mark I will leave on this world is my son.” – Sarah Shahi
207. “We are born of love; love is our mother.” – Rumi
208. “What greater aspiration and challenge are there for a mother than the hope of raising a great son or daughter?” – Rose Kennedy
209. “A man can love different women during his life, but the love for his mother is timeless.”
210. “When a woman gives birth to a son, she has a chance to give the world a real man.”
Mother and son quotes about being proud and happy
211. “All I am; I owe to my mother.” — George Washington
212. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” — Barbara Kingsolver
213. “Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
214. “Happy the boy whose mother is tired of talking nonsense to him before he is old enough to know the sense of it.” — Augustus Hare
215. “A society without mothers would not only be a cold society, but a society that has lost its heart, lost the feel of home.” — Pope Francis
216. “I’m glad we’ve begun to raise our daughters more like our sons—but it will never work until we raise our sons more like our daughters.” — Gloria Steinem
217. “My mother was the making of me. She was so true, so sure of me; and I felt I had something to live for, someone I must not disappoint.” — Thomas Edison
218. “My greatest blessing has been the birth of my son. My next greatest blessing has been my ability to turn people into children of mine.” — Maya Angelou
219. “They used to say, ‘Oh, he’s just his mother’s son,’ as a way of dismissing me, and every time I’d say, ‘Oh, yes, thank you! I’m so proud of that.’” — Justin Trudeau
220. “Because I feel that, in the Heavens above. The angels, whispering to one another, can find, among their burning terms of love. None so devotional as that of Mother.” — Edgar Allan Poe
Powerful mother and son quotes
221. “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” – Elder M. Russell Ballard
222. “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
223. “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” – James E. Faust
224. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie
225. “A good son will never allow sorrow to befall his mother…and act as if he is an only child that cares…protects when no one dares…serves with his life in return…and most of all finds a wife that will love his mother too.” – Helen Rebibis Ramos
226. “I can imagine no heroism greater than motherhood.” – Lance Conrad
227. “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – Ricki Lake
228. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” – Milton Berle
229. “Motherhood changes everything.” – Adriana Trigiani
230. “I don’t think there are enough words in the world that exist to express exactly just how much I love my son! He’s right there in the front of my soul, he can turn me into an eagle, a lioness, a tigress, a swan! A goof or a queen!” ― C. JoyBell C.
Mother And Son Quotes On Relationship And Upbringing
231. “I am a boy mom, and I keep my eyes on the goal: raising the boy I love into a man who will make this world a better place.” — Monica Swanson
232. “My wild, wild son, run free. Ooh, you’ll know it when you’re where you’re supposed to be.” – Armin van Buuren & Sam Martin
233. “Mothers see the angel in us because the angel is there. If it’s shown to the mother, the son has got an angel to show, hasn’t he?” – Booth Tarkington
234. “Have a little faith in your sons. This journey will be the making of them.” – C.J. Milbrandt
235. “The years will rush by, and one day you will be watching your son as a man, and feeling incredibly proud that he is caring, safe, making a contribution, and hopefully going far beyond you in the scope of his life.” – Steve Biddulph
236. “Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don’t want them to become politicians in the process.” – John F. Kennedy
237. “My son is a blessing in every way.” – Elizabeth Emken
238. “When my son was little, we mothers always did the Halloween parties, and I would wear my orange and black chanel. It comes in handy on October 31. I’m the chicest pumpkin around.” – Karen Katz
239. “My mother said to me, ‘If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.’ Instead, I was a painter and became Picasso.” — Pablo Picasso
Mother And Son Quotes About Their Protective Nature
240. “Twenty years on I still feel the love she gave us and that is testament to her massive heart and her amazing ability to be a great mother.” ― Prince William
241. I missed your first word, I missed your first step. Now you are in your teenage years. Later in life, you gonna become a man. My dear son, I’ll be your guidance.” ― Nagella Jean-Baptiste
242. “I thank my mother (Ma, you’re only second cause you got the dedication), who used to make me write essays whenever I got into trouble, explaining exactly what I’d done and why I’d done it.” ― Ta-Nehisi Coates
243. “I suppose the mothers of most twelve-year-old boys live with the uneasy conviction that their sons are embarked upon a secret life of crime.” ― Shirley Jackson
244. As a woman, I will not cooperate in demeaning womanly things so that he can be proud to be a man. I like to think the women in my son’s future are counting on me.” — Letty Cottin Pogrebin
245. “And be very careful at the front, Paul.” Ah, Mother, Mother! Why do I not take you in my arms and die with you. What poor wretches we are!” ― Erich Maria Remarque
246. “I know that despite whatever stupid thing I do, I’d be able to go to my mom and she’d still love me. I honestly believe that.” ― Nellie Christine
247. “Mother, dearest mother, no other woman compares to you. You were strong in the darkest hour and you showed me the strength to achieve victory. So at this moment my victories and achievements belong to you.” ― Mark Frank
248. “Today i reflect upon my blessings for the last twenty four years.God gifted me with Loving,Caring,Prayerful and Selfless Momma.Love You Mama Rose Mulunda.I appreciate that Momma!” ― David shamala
249. “Sons love mothers, mothers love their sons?” ― Dave Appleby
Mother and Son Quotes To Help You Maintain Her Respect
250. “My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.” — Mark Twain
251. “Mother – that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” — T. Dewitt Talmage
252. “I always say if you aren’t yelling at your kids, you’re not spending enough time with them.” — Reese Witherspoon
253. “Don’t raise your kids to have more than you had, raise them to be more than you were.” — Jackie Kennedy
254. “God gave those little children to you, mama- You. No one else can mother them like you can. You may have your work cut out for you, but you’re the one cut out to accomplish it.” — Erin Odom
255. “I know enough to know that no woman should ever marry a man who hated his mother.” — Martha Gellhorn
256. “My son’s the most precious thing to me; he’s changed me from being selfish to selfless.” — Ricardo Antonio Chavira
257. “Fathers are what their mothers made them.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
258. “Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable.” — Plato
259. “Love as powerful as your mother’s leaves its own mark. To have been loved so deeply will give us some protection forever.” — J.K. Rowling
Mother and Son Quotes About Strong Moms
260. “Be careful to leave your sons well instructed rather than rich, for the hopes of the instructed are better than the wealth of the ignorant.” ― Epictetus
261. “As a son I would say this, she was the best mum in the world. She smothered us with love, that’s for sure.” — Prince Harry
262. “Her love for her family and her faith in God somehow gave her the strength not only to go on but to love life without bitterness and instill in all of us a gratitude for every day we have together.” — Stephen Colbert
263. “Godspeed, little man. Sweet dreams, little man. Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings. Godspeed. Sweet dreams.” ― Dixie Chicks
264. “No delusion is greater than the notion that method and industry can make up for lack of mother-wit, either in science or in practical life.” ― Thomas Huxley
265. “I find, by close observation, that the mothers are the levers which move in education. The men talk about it . . . but the women work most for it.” ― Frances Watkins Harper
266. “But sons have to be soldiers. And soldiers adapt.” ― Alex Irvine
267. “Thanks mom.” — Nathan Chen
268. “She was the strongest person I ever met.” — Anderson Cooper
269. “A mother is a son’s first true love. A son, especially that first son, is a mother’s last true love.” — Denzel Washington
Mother and Son Quotes To Make Them Proud of Each Other
270. “Mothers unconsciously allow more latitude to sons, and open encouragement, and with daughters they treat them as they would treat themselves.” — Susie Orbach
271. “After my mother died, I found, a little book of hers which recorded everything I had ever done, how I had done it, and how proud she was of her son Conrad.” — Conrad Viedt
272. “As the son of a feminist mother, I grew up with the idea that work was a sort of salvation for women as it would give them freedom from the domestic grind.” — Tom Hodgkinson
273. “Is it not so that a son what is bad to his mother is bad to his wife?” — Betty Smith
274. “My son can be as open as he wants with me, but he cannot forget I am his mother and that all will not be forgiven.” — Sonali Bendre
275. “I have a dream – a dreadful dream -A dream that is never done.I watch a man go out of his mind, and he is My Mother’s Son. And no one knows when he’ll get well So, there he’ll have to be, and, ‘spite of the beard in the looking-glass, I know that man is me!” — Rudyard Kipling
276. “A mother must rear her son outside/beyond motherhood, they argued in order to raise a nonsexist, nonmusculine(as it is traditionally defined)boy and to improve relations between mothers and sons, and men and women generally.” — Andrea O’ Reilly
277. “How can you, a young man understand his mother, how can you understand her thoughts, her needs and her soul?” — Therese Lund
278. “I often scratch my head in bewilderment over the lack of understanding of mothers about their precious baby boys. They love their sons more than they love their very lives, but they readily confess ignorance and confusion.” — Emerson Eggerichs
279. “As she was his sacrosanct mother; and he was; and would immortally remain; forever as her immortally impeccable child.” — Nikhil Parekh
Mother and Son Quotes on a Mother’s Love for Her Son
280. “A mother’s treasure is her son.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
281. “A mother’s love for her son is like a fortress, unbreakable and ever-protective.” ― J.R. Ward
282. “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” ― George Washington
283. “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” ― Theodore Hesburgh
284. “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.” ― Helen Rice
285. “A mother’s love is the greatest influence in the world.” ― Billy Graham
286. “A mother’s love for her son is one of life’s purest and most profound joys.” ― George W. Bush
287. “A mother’s love for her son is an unbreakable bond that transcends time and space.” ― J.K. Rowling
288. “A mother’s love for her son is a love that endures, a love that forgives, a love that never gives up.” ― George Herbert
289. “A mother’s love for her son is a bond that can never be broken.” ― J.K. Rowling
Which of these mother and son quotes was your favorite?
No matter where a man goes or whom he meets in his life, he will always have a special place in his heart for his mother.
Mothers are pillars in their son’s lives and she is the only person who truly understands her son best.
The bond between mother and son teaches the son about being gentle and enables him to be confident and secure.
A healthy relationship between a son and his mother is critical for his development.
To celebrate this bond, feel free to share the above quotes with your son or mother.
Do you have any other favorite mother and son quotes?
Let us know in the comment section below.