One of the top-rated Japanese sports anime series, these Haikyuu quotes will motivate you to work hard and follow your dreams.
Haikyuu follows the story of an aspiring volleyball athlete named Shouyou Hinata who is inspired to revive the volleyball club at his middle school.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by Dr. Melanie Green at the University of Buffalo, exposure to narratives and inspiring quotes can increase a person’s motivation and self-efficacy.
This research shows that engaging with inspiring quotes from Haikyuu can positively impact readers’ lives by boosting their motivation and belief in themselves.
Unfortunately, his team loses their first tournament thanks to their rival team’s star, Kageyama.
Vowing revenge, Shouyou is determined to win in his next game against Kageyama.
In a surprising turn of events, Kageyama ends up on Shouyou’s volleyball team and the nemeses must learn to work together as teammates.
Haikyuu is an emotional comedy that teaches the values of teamwork, hard work, and following your dreams.
Hopefully, this list of Haikyuu quotes will inspire you to do the same.
Don’t forget to also check out these Sailor Moon quotes from your favorite anime.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Haikyuu quotes about success
A study by Dr. Sonja Lyubomirsky at the University of California, Riverside in 2005, showed that consistent engagement with positive material can help develop and maintain a positive outlook on life.
By regularly reading and reflecting on Haikyuu quotes, readers may experience a sustained improvement in their overall mood and perspective.
1. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Shoyo Hinata
You will also enjoy our article on ted lasso quotes.
2. “My greatest weapon is not getting caught!” — Shoyo Hinata
You will also enjoy our article on assata shakur quotes.
3. “You don’t win alone. That’s just how it is.” — Tobio Kageyama
You will also enjoy our article on Waterboy quotes.
4. “Being the best decoy ever is as cool as being the ace.” — Tobio Kageyama
You will also enjoy our article on sad anime quotes.
5. “Even if we go for what’s somewhat safe here, it’ll mean we never changed.” — Koshi Sugawara
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Cowboy Bebop quotes from anime live-action series.
Haikyuu quotes about teamwork
According to a study published in the International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, effective communication among team members is a key factor in improving performance and achieving team goals.
This statistic can be used to highlight the importance of communication in Haikyuu, where characters often use verbal and nonverbal cues to coordinate their actions on the court.
6. “The last ones standing are the victors. Only the strongest. If you want to be the last one standing become strong.” — Tobio Kageyama
7. “I’d guard your backs with my life If I had to.” — Yu Nishinoya
8. “When colors mix they become muddy and messy. But when they all blend together, the final result is the color that wins against all others… Black!” — Ittetsu Takeda
9. “I can’t do any fancy plays, but I can give you guys a solid foundation.” — Daichi Sawamura
10. “Bokuto is the kind of person that compels you to give it you all, because you know he’s giving it his all.” — Keiji Akaashi
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Evangelion quotes from the controversial anime series.
Haikyuu quotes to motivate you
Dr. Barbara Fredrickson’s research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2001 indicated that experiencing positive emotions can broaden an individual’s thought processes and encourage creative problem-solving.
Delving into the inspiring world of Haikyuu quotes may not only uplift readers emotionally, but also stimulate their creativity and cognitive abilities.
11. “Even if we’re not confident that we’ll win, even if others tell us we don’t stand a chance, we must never tell ourselves that.” — Daichi Sawamura
12. “Motivation? What more do you need than pride!” — Tadashi Yamaguchi
13. “Everyone thinks that being small is more detrimental than it actually is. Even though being smaller puts you at a disadvantage in volleyball, it doesn’t make you completely helpless!” — Korai Hoshiumi
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of volleyball quotes celebrating the international sport.
14. “Even if a game doesn’t seem clearable at first, after playing it over and over again, you can conquer it.” — Kenma Kozume
15. “You can fly even higher.” — Tobio Kageyama
16. “It’s not your place to give up.” — Yuu Nishinoya
17. “Life’s a bore if you don’t challenge yourself.” — Yu Nishinoya
18. “All of you should be able to make it! To the highest limit, to the farthest limit!” — Ittetsu Takeda
19. “Being weak means that there is room to grow.” — Ittetsu Takeda
20. “Today might be the chance to grasp the chance to let your talent bloom.” — Tooru Oikawa
21. “If you’re gonna hit it, hit it until it breaks!” — Tooru Oikawa
Haikyuu quotes about winning and losing
A study published in the Journal of Sport and Health Science found that a positive team culture, characterized by mutual respect, trust, and support, can enhance individual and team performance.
Therefore, sharing Haikyuu quotes about teamwork, such as “When we lose, I’m not just losing for myself, I’m losing for my teammates too,” can promote a positive team culture and boost morale.
22. “If they adjust to me, I just have to adjust in turn. Whoever stops adjusting won’t be able to continue forward.” — Tobio Kageyama
23. “There’s no match that you can’t win, and there’s no match that you’ll win for sure.” — Ikkei Ukai
24. “There’s only one thing to do in order to win. Practice practice practice. Even if you’re puking your guts out, pick up the ball and continue.” — Keishin Ukai
25. “When you have a brilliant ace, their very existence is a brilliant decoy.” — Kenjiro Shirabu
Did these Haikyuu quotes help motivate you to go for the win?
Haikyuu may be an anime about volleyball, but that doesn’t mean the lessons it shares aren’t applicable to all of us.
The show teaches us that there is more to life than defeat and to not try at all would be the worst thing.
If you have a dream, don’t be afraid to go after it.
And don’t be afraid to work hard.
If you have a goal take action to reach it, and if you fail — try again.
Don’t stop trying until you succeed, because, eventually, if you keep going, your success will be inevitable.
Did you enjoy these Haikyuu quotes and sayings?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.