After reading these thought-provoking karma quotes, you might reconsider your opinion on the truth behind karma, most especially if you’re a nonbeliever.
Derived from the Sanskrit term karman, karma loosely translates to ‘action, effect, fate.’
Share your favorite karma quote with us in the comment section.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the University of California, San Diego, karma beliefs can lead to increased pro-social behavior and decreased antisocial behavior.
This research suggests that the belief in karma may be a powerful motivator for people to act in ways that benefit others and may also discourage harmful or selfish behavior.
What are the benefits of reading these karma quotes?
In Hinduism and Buddhism, karma is the sum of one’s actions in their existence’s current and past states, believed to decide their future destinies.
Karma is just like the popular saying and the song Karma by Alicia Keys, “What goes around comes around.”
Simply put, what we do and put out into the world will eventually return to us, whether good or bad.
The idea of karma is thousands of years old and is comparable to the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
In a nutshell, treat others the way you want to be treated—with:
Karma can be such a powerful and important concept to live by, as it acts like a moral compass, keeping us on the right path.
And that if we commit our lives to doing good, the universe, God, or some higher power will reward us.
These karma quotes will make you ponder your choices and the weight of your karmic scales.
Below are our top 10 karma quotes to inspire you to always choose kindness.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Karma Quotes and Wise Sayings About Fate and Life
Researchers from the University of Arizona found that people who engage in acts of kindness are more likely to believe in karma and that believing in karma can motivate individuals to perform acts of kindness.
This suggests that believing karma quotes may be a powerful force for promoting prosocial behavior and creating a more compassionate society.
1. “You cannot do harm to someone because someone has done harm to you. You will pay just like they will.” – Ericka Williams
You will also enjoy our article on wise sayings.
2. “People pay for what they do, and, still more, for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it simply: by the lives they lead.” — James Baldwin
You will also enjoy our article on wise sayings about life.
3. “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer
You will also enjoy our article on buddha quotes on love.
4. “I try to live with the idea that karma is a very real thing. So I put out what I want to get back.” – Megan Fox
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes of the day.
5. “Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.” – Elbert Hubbard
You will also enjoy our article on positive thinking quotes.
6. “If you give a good thing to the world, then over time your karma will be good, and you’ll receive good.” – Russell Simmons
You will also enjoy our article on volunteer quotes.
7. “I believe in Karma. If the good is sown, the good is collected. When positive things are made, that returns well.” – Yannick Noah
You will also enjoy our article on chakra quotes.
8. “There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.” – Sylvester Stallone
You might also like these Krishna quotes on karma and truth.
9. “When karma lands, it lands hard.” — Tom Fitton
You will also enjoy our article on khalil gibran quotes.
10. “Karma bides its time. You will always have to watch out. Karma is unforgiving and always gets payback.” – Benjamin Bayani
You will also enjoy our article on honesty quotes.
Karma Quotes To Make You Responsible for Your Actions
A study from the University of Missouri found that people who believe in karma are more likely to forgive others and are more likely to seek forgiveness themselves.
This research suggests that believing in karma may be associated with greater empathy and a stronger desire to reconcile with others.
11. “When you truly understand karma, then you realize you are responsible for everything in your life.” — Keanu Reeves
You will also enjoy our article on how people treat you quotes.
12. “Karma is justice. It does not reward or punish, because we have to earn all that we receive.” — Mary T. Brown
You will also enjoy our article on famous quotes by famous people.
13. “I believe in karma, and I believe if you put out positive vibes to everybody, that’s all you’re going to get back.” — Kesha
You will also enjoy our article on hunting quotes.
14.“This is your karma. You do not understand now, but you will understand later.” — H. Raven Rose
You will also enjoy our article on how people treat you quotes.
15. “I want revenge, but I don’t want to screw up my karma.” — Susan Colasanti
You will also enjoy our article on lies quotes.
16. “Your believing or not believing in karma has no effect on its existence, nor on its consequences to you. Just as a refusal to believe in the ocean would not prevent you from drowning.” — F. Paul Wilson
You will also enjoy our article on good deeds quotes.
17. “The meaning of karma is in the intention. The intention behind action is what matters.” — The Bhagavad Gita
You will also enjoy our article on evil eye quotes.
18. “Like gravity, karma is so basic we often don’t even notice it.” ― Sakyong Mipham
You will also enjoy our article on selfish people quotes.
19. “Before you act, you have freedom, but after you act, the effect of that action will follow you whether you want it to or not. That is the law of karma.” — Paramahansa Yogananda
You will also enjoy our article on fruit quotes.
20. “Karma, when properly understood, is just the mechanics through which consciousness manifests.” — Deepak Chopra
You will also enjoy our article on liar quotes.
Karma Quotes To Make You Think Before You Act
According to a study by the University of California, San Diego, people who engage in kind acts experience an increase in positive emotions and life satisfaction, while also reducing symptoms of depression.
This underscores the importance of treating others well and the positive impact it can have on our own lives.
21. “Dear Karma, I really hate you right now, you made your point.” — Ottilie Weber
You will also enjoy our article on intention quotes.
22. “The results of karma, whether good or bad, may not manifest right away. In may happen in the same lifetime or in a future life. We may even receive both positive and negative reactions at the same time.” — Benjawan Poomsan
You will also enjoy our article on ungrateful quotes.
23. “Not only is there often a right and wrong, but what goes around does come around, Karma exists.” — Dr Ken Baker
You will also enjoy our article on Breaking Bad quotes.
24. “Great Karma additionally interprets into great well being. At the point when an individual has a cheerful and delighted viewpoint in life, this will just add to the wellbeing of his or her wellbeing condition.” — Emma Robertson
You will also enjoy our article on cheating quotes.
25. “Some day people will ask me what is the key to my success…and I will simply say, “Good Karma.” — K. Crumley
26. “Even chance meetings are the result of karma… Things in life are fated by our previous lives. That even in the smallest events there’s no such thing as coincidence.” — Haruki Murakami
27. “Karma, simply put, is an action for an action, good or bad.” — Stephen Richards
28. “I believe in fate and I believe that things happen for a reason but I don’t think that there’s a high power, necessarily. I believe in karma very much though.” — Amy Winehouse
29. “Someone should have mentioned to him that karma was a venomous witch.” — Courtney Cole
30. “I’m a true believer in karma. You get what you give, whether it’s bad or good.” — Sandra Bullock
You will also enjoy our article on Bhagavad Gita quotes.
Karma Quotes To Unleash the Power of Karma
Research by the University of Exeter found that people who spend time in nature tend to have higher levels of well-being and happiness than those who do not.
This can be seen as an example of positive karma, as taking care of our environment and surroundings can lead to positive benefits for ourselves and others.
31. “Your states of mind do not occur randomly. They occur because of vibratory and karmic patterns.” ― Frederick Lenz
32. “Karma is the universal law of cause and effect. You reap what you sow. You get what you earn. You are what you eat. If you give love, you get love. Revenge returns itself upon the avenger.” ― Mary Browne
33. “Karma is not just about the troubles, but also about surmounting them.” ― Rick Springfield
34. “Karma moves in two directions. If we act virtuously, the seed we plant will result in happiness. If we act non-virtuously, suffering results.” ― Sakyong Mipham
35. “Once you know the nature of anger and joy is empty and you let them go, you free yourself from karma.” ― Gautama Buddha
36. “Can you be compassionate even to those who have no compassion? If so, there is no finer karma that you can create.” ― Gary Zukav
37. “Never bully anyone because Karma has everyone’s address and a motherf**king stamp!” ― Lady Gaga
38. “Whether or not we believe in survival of consciousness after death, reincarnation, and karma, it has very serious implications for our behavior.” ― Stanislav Grof
39. “Karma means that through your thoughts and feelings and actions, you are generating a state of mind. That state of mind has a view. That view will cause things to happen to you or not happen to you.” ― Frederick Lenz
40. “Regardless of what we do, our karma has no hold on us.” ― Bodhidharma
Feeling motivated by these karma quotes?
Check out our collection of wisdom and positive energy quotes to further boost your mood.
Skeptical about karma? It’s understandable because it’s difficult to prove.
But there’s been some interesting research done on karma, and its findings are quite practical to our daily life.
It’s virtually true that what we reap, we sow.
Every cause has a corresponding effect.
What do you think about these quotes about karma?
Hopefully, they somewhat encouraged you to live a life based on goodness and positivity.
Don’t forget to comment down below your favorite karma quote and share this article with your friends and family if you’ve found it valuable.